Forum > Database

Using dbexport

<< < (3/5) > >>

maurobio:
@wp,

I have the same problem when attempting to install the new FPSpreadsheetDataset package, even of lzdbexport does not appear in its list of dependencies.

It seems I will have to add manually the path to lazdbexport to each of these packages. Am I right?

With best regards,

maurobio:
@wp,

Yes, I have recompiled the IDE (and as I wrote above, the DbExport components are now visible in the component pallette).

Best regards,

maurobio:
@wp,

Ooops!!!!  %) I just restarted the IDE and now FPSpreadSheet appears correctly installed, in the Data Acess component pallette, and FPExport also appears in the Data Export pallette.

Everything seems OK now.

Thanks a lot for your help and patience.

With best wishes,

wp:

--- Quote from: maurobio on September 13, 2021, 04:14:02 pm ---It seems I will have to add manually the path to lazdbexport to each of these packages. Am I right?

--- End quote ---
ABSOLUTELY NO! (Sorry for shouting...)

Never add paths to packages unless you absolutely know what you are doing.

If the IDE does not recompile as you describe there are probably some out-dated compiled units somewhere. Go to "Tools" > "Configure Build Lazarus"; in the "Cleanup box" check "Clean all" and "Switch after building to automatically" and click "Build". This erases existing compiled units and compiles everything newly. This is a general recipe for solving issues when a package cannot be installed due to unresolved dependencies.

maurobio:
@wp,

Fortunately, I have not changed manually any paths in any packages!  :-[

As I reported above, by restarting the IDE after compiling and installing each package, I got everything working smoothly.

Thanks again.

With best wishes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version