Forum > Third party

BitHelpers - bit manipulation for standard pascal types

<< < (7/7)

440bx:

--- Quote from: WayneSherman on May 01, 2022, 05:13:13 pm ---or maybe add the word "Bits":

--- End quote ---
A mask is a bit structure, because of that, adding "Bits" feels redundant and increases the amount of typing. I think you had it short and concise to begin with. If I were you, I'd keep the way it was.

marcov:

--- Quote from: 440bx on May 01, 2022, 05:59:30 pm ---
--- Quote from: WayneSherman on May 01, 2022, 05:13:13 pm ---or maybe add the word "Bits":

--- End quote ---
A mask is a bit structure, because of that, adding "Bits" feels redundant and increases the amount of typing. I think you had it short and concise to begin with. If I were you, I'd keep the way it was.

--- End quote ---

He probably is a PICian, like me :-) If you are used to Microchip headers, that feels natural :-)

avra:

--- Quote from: WayneSherman on May 01, 2022, 02:42:41 am ---Thank you for your work on these and getting them merged into fpc.
--- End quote ---
You're most welcome. It was a pleasure, not work :D ::) :D

--- Quote from: WayneSherman on May 01, 2022, 02:42:41 am ---The bit functions such as ClearBit, SetBit, and TestBit take bit index values, but they don't work with bit mask values.  It would be nice to add bit functions that work with masks as well since many APIs and libraries use them.
--- End quote ---
Devs are very picky (rightfully) with what goes into sysutils, so you should better discuss with them in the mail list before doing any real work. My wild guess would be that if your patches get accepted, they would need to be in some other unit.

mas steindorff:

--- Quote from: WayneSherman on May 01, 2022, 09:52:42 am ---I haven't decided if I like "Mask" or "Flag":

--- End quote ---
also coming from the hardware world, a Flag is a single bit, Mask = several bits or flag(s). mask is what you do to select one to several flags (bits).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version