Recent

Author Topic: Thanks to the developers!  (Read 1607 times)

Seenkao

• New ZenGL.
Thanks to the developers!
« on: November 05, 2021, 10:57:03 am »
Привет всем!

Я понимаю, что зачастую я больше ищу какие-то ошибки/недочёты. И особенно в конечном коде.

Но! Я хотел выразить отдельную благодарность разработчикам! Сделано достаточно много сложной работы. И зачастую пользователь не видит то, что было сделано.

Компилятор FPC без достаточно больших усилий позволяет создавать приложение под нужную платформу. Хотел пропустить тот момент, что для в этом случае нужно собрать кросскомпилятор. Но и тут можно выразить благодарность людям, за возможность достаточно быстрой сборки нужного кросскомпилятора!

Я смотрел, поверхносто, как это происходит в C/C++... выглядит это не так просто (хотя там так же сделано не мало), но больше похоже, что между разными разработчиками лежит "яблоко раздора" (все мы люди).

IDE Lazarus запускается достаточно быстро и на достаточно слабой машине. По работе я не заметил особых критичных сложностей. Хотя и есть недочёты, но я думаю всё со временем решается. А многие вещи я решаю сам, без лишних вопросов людям. Дабы не отвлекать вас.

Я использую в основном Linux. Недавно приобрёл монитор. Очень удобно, что можно раскидать открытые окна по разным мониторам (эти окна не сцеплены между собой, хотя и могут). И мне понадобилось открыть второй "Source Editor" и кинуть его на второй экран (дабы не прыгать по разным окнам постоянно). Это оказалось достаточно просто. Я прекрасно знаю, что всех возможностей Lazarus я не знаю. Частью этих возможностей я не пользуюсь. Я больше низкоуровневый программист и что-то мне понадобится, а что-то мне не очень нужно или совсем не нужно (это нужно другим  :)).

Выражаю вам отдельную благодарность!!! ;)

Понимаю, что лучше всего поддержать команду разработчиков. Если у меня получится зарабатывать с помощью FPC/Lazarus  я поддержу команду не только словами.

Google translate:
Hello everybody!

I understand that often I'm more looking for some kind of errors / shortcomings. And especially in the final code.

But! I would like to express my special thanks to the developers! A lot of complicated work has been done. And often the user does not see what has been done.

The FPC compiler allows you to create an application for the required platform without much effort. I wanted to skip the point that in this case, you need to build a crosscompiler. But even here we can express our gratitude to people for the ability to quickly build the required crosscompiler!

I looked, superficially, how it happens in C/C ++ ... it looks not so simple (although a lot has been done in the same way), but it looks more like there is a "bone of contention" between different developers (we are all human).

The Lazarus IDE runs fairly quickly and on a fairly weak machine. At work, I did not notice any particular critical difficulties. Although there are shortcomings, but I think everything is resolved over time. And I decide many things myself, without unnecessary questions to people. In order not to distract you.

I am using mainly Linux. I recently bought a monitor. It is very convenient that you can scatter open windows across different monitors (these windows are not interconnected, although they can). And I needed to open the second "Source Editor" and throw it on the second screen (so as not to jump on different windows all the time). It turned out to be simple enough. I know perfectly well that I do not know all the features of Lazarus. I do not use some of these opportunities. I'm more of a low-level programmer and I need something, but I don't really need something or don't need it at all (others need it :)).

I express my special gratitude to you !!! ;)

I understand that it is best to support the development team. If I manage to make money with FPC/Lazarus, I will support the team not only with words.
Rus: Стремлюсь к созданию минимальных и достаточно быстрых приложений.

Eng: I strive to create applications that are minimal and reasonably fast.
Working on ZenGL

noname01

Re: Thanks to the developers!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 12:15:43 pm »
I too join in these thanks.
Also I would like to underline the FPC compiler power
which is able to generate a very fast code for my project/math model,
that is just waiting to take off in a very difficult sector like aerodynamic design.
At the moment the on-demand license is free without business,
and I can only give a prestige with my evidence to your wonderful FPC + Lazarus.
For i:=1 to 1000 do
 FPC_Lazarus := Thanks;

Salvo [flusur.com]

Doug22

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 02:28:58 pm »
Indeed! Many many thanks from this aged Pascal programmer.

I'm a research chemist, and first learned the language back in the 1980's because Pascal code was used to operate some of the first computerized chemical analysis instruments (Varian NMR's, HP chromatographs). Writing your own programs was the only way to get data off these instruments and under your control. (This remains the case, only more so.)

About 1985 I bought a copy of Turbo Pascal for my shiny new IBM PC, and have been happily coding away ever since through many subsequent versions. Unfortunately, Pascal became more corporatized and less accessible to amateur programmers over the years (especially after the free Turbo Delphi version fell into obsolescence).

I was on the verge of abandoning Pascal programming until I discovered Free Pascal about 2014. Hooray! A mature, full-featured Pascal environment! I'm really enjoying FPC and have written >10 apps (mostly to support my scientific work). Programming logic and structure keep my old brain churning.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Doug

Spoonhorse

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 02:26:14 pm »
Preach, brother and/or sister! It's a nice piece of work. If only it had good documentation it would be as popular as it deserves.

cappe

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 04:17:51 pm »
Thanks also from me

ezlage

• Silence is the perfect beat!
    • GitHub
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 04:47:15 pm »
I want to take the opportunity to register my thanks too.

The Lazarus and FreePascal teams have always done and continue to do admirable work.

I'm an IT analyst who works mostly with tech support, networks and infrastructure, so my programming skills are still not the best.

I hope my learning will continue to flow to the point where, someday, I can help with the development and maintenance of Lazarus and FreePascal directly.

Many thanks to all developers and forum members.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018