Recent

Author Topic: DCPchipers  (Read 4650 times)

vop

DCPchipers
« on: August 10, 2007, 03:35:05 pm »
Hi folks.

I am using the TRijndael-component of the DCPCrypt-Package from David Barton (DCP-Lazarus) which works fine under Windows and Linux.

But now, when I tried to use my code on a Mac I got trouble.

It seems, that a file crypted under windows could not been decrypted under the Mac OS and vice versa.
Does anybody know something about the platform compatibility of DCPcrypt?

I file encrypted on the mac I can decrypt only on the mac, not on the windows platform.

The same program does well with files encrypted on linux and decrypted on windows.

My first thought, that it could have something to do with the used password, which I  got from a TEdit-component, but I can't imagine that.

Could you help?

Thanks, vop

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
RE: DCPchipers
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 06:52:41 pm »
Do you use a powerpc mac? If so, maybe the the component maker didn't think about writing endian safe code, i.e. code that can run on little endian and big endian systems.

vop

DCPchipers
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 11:06:10 am »
Thank you Vincent for that hint.

Yes I use a power PC mac.
As far as I know the algorithm for encryption is implemented  on a one byte basis so that there should no problem with little or big endian.

Just as info
The program compiled on the mac is running fine. It could encrypt and decrypt files without problems.
The problems occur, when I trie to decrypt a file on the mac which was encrypted with the windows version or to decrypt a file on a windows pc which was encrypted using the mac version.

Does anybody has experience with the lazarus version of DCPCrypt under mac?

Thanks, vop

TinyPortal © 2005-2018