Recent

Author Topic: Anyone using mORMot with Lazarus? I need help getting started.  (Read 11510 times)

JD

Re: Anyone using mORMot with Lazarus? I need help getting started.
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 10:53:21 pm »
Impossible to use mORMot with Lazarus. I've tried 4 diferent tutorials, using FPCUpDeLuxe, but no one works....

No it isn't. Try to run the sample 4, the HTTP REST Server. It is the simplest of the lot in my opinion. Then try to build up from there. Personally, I just concentrated on sample 4 and the third party samples.

I just wanted to build an HTTP REST Server that serves JSON content.

I also read the chapter on interface based services and then using the third party sample by George, I was able to create an interface based REST server in front of a PostgreSQL database.

At the moment, I'd rather use mORMot to build a REST server than Apache Tomcat especially when the server PC is not a very powerful one. mORMot serrver apps still work very fast on Intel Dual Core PCs. So when my server PC is modest or old, I just use mORMot and I've not had complaints about performance for the time being.

By the way, I used a standard Lazarus installation and added mORMot via the OPM. I previously downloaded mORMot separately but since it became available via the OPM, I use that now.

Best of luck with your coding,  :D

JD
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 09:28:45 am by JD »
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

Christian

Re: Anyone using mORMot with Lazarus? I need help getting started.
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2019, 02:33:29 am »
I would like to start also with mormot at time.
In windows i managed to get it working with fpc 3.2.0 rc and actual mormot git.
In Linux 64bit i stuck to get it working even with Sample 04.
Both my initial implementation and Sample 04 crashs at start on Line 49770 in SynCommons.pas thats deep in there RTTI Stuff and i cannot work around it even when i would not need the RTTI Stuff.

Has anyone an 64bit Linux mormot running ? Wich git commit id do you use ? Wich fpc Version do you use ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018