Recent

Author Topic: Question - Maybe Just Maybe  (Read 4126 times)

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
Re: Question - Maybe Just Maybe
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 01:20:16 pm »
2) in order to make things intuitive the designer (IDE) links the name with the variable name it created when you dropped your control on the form (label, edit etc)

That is all well, but it (the OI that is) should IMHO not change the classname, when all I want to do is change the variable name.
It doesn't do that for other controls, does it (if it would, code would become uncompilable).
Maybe internally (to the developers of the IDE) it makes sense for Forms, but it is pretty well confusing for beginners (as this topic shows).

Bart

rvk

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 01:37:29 pm »
2) in order to make things intuitive the designer (IDE) links the name with the variable name it created when you dropped your control on the form (label, edit etc)
That is all well, but it (the OI that is) should IMHO not change the classname, when all I want to do is change the variable name.
It doesn't do that for other controls, does it (if it would, code would become uncompilable).
Maybe internally (to the developers of the IDE) it makes sense for Forms, but it is pretty well confusing for beginners (as this topic shows).
What classname should a form have then?
And what about a second form I make?

I think form-classnames are the only classnames the OI will (and should) change.
(because you're dealing with a class at that point)

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 04:08:18 pm »
At least D7 behaves the same way.
Never noticed this before though.

Bart

taazz

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 03:57:08 am »
At least D7 behaves the same way.
Never noticed this before though.
that is what makes it intuitive, I would think.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

TinyPortal © 2005-2018