Recent

Author Topic: Adding / Installing new packages on Windows and Raspberry Pi  (Read 2119 times)

Efcis

Adding / Installing new packages on Windows and Raspberry Pi
« on: April 01, 2018, 04:08:01 pm »
Hi

Total newbie here. Be kind ;-)

I intend to build a small project on Raspberry Pi with a small touch screen to display data coming from an Arduino with a USB/serial link.

But, to make things easier (and faster), I intend to develop first on Windows, and recompile on RasPi, once it works.

For now, I want to use a "LED bar graph" on my form. It looks like such a component isn't included in the standard Lazarus installation (1.8.2 here).

From the wiki pages, I found TuELed (I understand it's not a bar graph, but I can deal with it) in uE Controls here (https://github.com/mriscoc/uEControls), but I'm stuck here :

- How to "install" the packages (is it the correct word ?) related to TuELed so I can use it on my Windows setup ? It seems to require BGRABitmap, but I face the same issue : How to install it ?

- I guess I will have to repeat this operation on the RasPi to compile my project on it ? Is it the same procedure as Windows ? Are all such components OS-independent ?

Thanks !

josh

Re: Adding / Installing new packages on Windows and Raspberry Pi
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 04:22:43 pm »
Hi

I think the easiest approach is to use the Online Package Manager.

You will need to install it first,

Link to its wiki

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Online_Package_Manager

In most cases it will also install dependencies if needed.

Hope that gets you started

Development Installation Lazarus 1.3, FPC 2.7.1,Windows 7/8 32/64, OSX, *nix

Test Environment Lazarus & FPC Trunk on Windows and OSX (Cocoa Mainly on OSX). Testing also Crosscompile windows to OSX.. 
Any posts made from 2015 will be based on Lazarus Trunk.

Efcis

Re: Adding / Installing new packages on Windows and Raspberry Pi
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 05:36:41 pm »
Hi Josh

Works great for Windows. Will see for RasPi a bit later ;-)

Thanks

TinyPortal © 2005-2018