Recent

Author Topic: VirtualTree issues  (Read 6676 times)

bah

VirtualTree issues
« on: June 27, 2007, 02:13:46 am »
Hi,
  Has anyone had problems with resizing the header columns in VirtualTree?
Thanks

bah

RE: VirtualTree issues
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 03:18:29 am »
Sorry found the answer in the code.  Anyone actively updating the component?  I see a SVN on sourceforge and some activity.  If you can you contact me.
Thanks

LuizAmérico

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 04:48:42 am »
The port based in version 4.5.1 (http://lazarus-ccr.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lazarus-ccr/components/virtualtreeview-unstable/) is actively developed.

The header resizing is working.

A preview release is scheduled soon.

theo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 11:39:44 am »
Hi Luiz

Is the GTK version working now?
A preview release would be nice.
Thanks.

LuizAmérico

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 01:28:25 am »
Yes it is, although is necessary to patch the LCL to close two bugs. That's the reason i'll release a preview before a full release.

Currently i'm quite busy but i'll try to release in this week.

LuizAmérico

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 01:59:45 pm »
A preview release is available here: https://luipack.bountysource.com/wiki/virtualtreeview

bah

VirtualTree issues
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 02:38:33 am »
Thanks for the preview.  It also made me update to the latest SVN as the BiMode stuff now is included.  You have done a great job - glad the latest VirtualTree sources are being used.  Mike seems to have slowed developement (as it is works perfectly) so it might be easier now to keep up to date.  
Also like the LCLExtensions - so needed when porting.  It really irks me when some simple declaration is missing.  If you don't mind I have about a dozen others that could be added if you want.
The Log is also excellent.

I would also be interested in word on the large file HexView.  I use a simple component that is unfortunately no longer available that used to buffer into memory (about 32kB) and used only that for the display, and read only on demand.  This way it was never reliant on the size of the TStream (or file). I have done a conversion but the selection doesn't work properly (it used the non-supported MoveRowSelect() function in TCustomGrid)
Does AtbinHex do something similar to the buffer method - or does it read the whole stream/file into memory and work off that?

Thanks for all your work.

LuizAmérico

VirtualTree issues
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 04:00:52 am »
Thanks by your words.

I'll keep the code updated with the latest Delphi development. I just wanted to release the preview before doing it.

The functions were added in LCL extensions as soon they were needed in VTV and ATBinHex, there's no other reason. In the future other functions/constants can be added.

ATBinHex does not pre load the file, so it uses only the memory needed to display the current page/contents. I tested with a 600MB file (the bigger i have)

Feel free to add bug reports and/or suggestions/patches

TinyPortal © 2005-2018