Recent

Author Topic: Error during compiling  (Read 7241 times)

Snoopy

Error during compiling
« on: June 19, 2007, 11:02:36 pm »
Hi,
I downloaded the latest Snapshot today 20070619 and now I got an error I do not understand

"The launching Application Bundle ""/Users/Snoopy/Desktop/test/project1.app"" does not exist or is not executable.

See Project -> Project options -> Application"

I looked at the project options but I do not know what to look for!
And in the folder Users/Snoopy/Desktop/test there is really no project1.app ! But I do not know how to creat this file! Please help me !!

felipemdc

• Administrator
RE: Error during compiling
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 11:06:58 pm »
This is a new feature =) It is now possible to debug applications from inside a bundle

Go to Project -> Project options

There is a Checkbox there that turns this feature on/off (there is only 1 checkbox on the first screen that you see on this dialog)

You may or you may not want to use a App bundle.

Snoopy

Error during compiling
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 11:18:00 pm »
Thanks, now all works wonderful.

But it seems to be intresting this new feateur, if it allows me to creat *.app files. Can you give me a link where i can read more about this, and maybe how to fix my error !

Phil

Error during compiling
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 02:33:08 am »
Quote from: "Snoopy"
Thanks, now all works wonderful.

But it seems to be intresting this new feateur, if it allows me to creat *.app files. Can you give me a link where i can read more about this, and maybe how to fix my error !

I agree, that error message sure isn't very clear.

The easiest way to create an .app bundle is to compile your app first, then run a script like create_app_mac.sh on the resulting executable. This script is available from here:

http://web.fastermac.net/~MacPgmr/Lazarus/

Then run your Carbon app from Lazarus.

Open the script file in TextEdit to see what it does or look at the ReadMe.txt on the download site.

Eventually Lazarus will probably be able to create the app bundle automatically, but until then just do it yourself. You only have to do it once for each project.

Hope this helps.

-Phil

Snoopy

Error during compiling
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 03:15:26 pm »
Thanks for help!
I tried the Carbon witset, but there were a few problems with using it, so I decided to stay with gtk ! But thank you for your help !

Snoopy

Error during compiling
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 05:16:55 pm »
Tried today's newest Snapshot and got this error!

Exceptoin while creating process: Executable not found: ""

The window this message appears in is named "Debugger"
So I looked up "debugger" under "enviroment" submenu "debugger options"

And noticed under "Debugger type and path" stands "none" can you please help me !!

Snoopy

Error during compiling
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 05:50:35 pm »
Update:

The Problem seems to be more specific I think, becaue when I creat a new Application I got the error mentioned at the begin of these post

The launching Application Bundle ""/Users/Snoopy/Desktop/test/project1.app"" does not exist or is not executable.

See Project -> Project options -> Application

This problem can be solved as sekel told me by checking the checkbox at the Project options menu.  After that everything works just wonderful.

But then later on ... I do not why the other error appears and I do not know what to do, or where it comes from ...

It seems to be an error in the application, but the tested applications just contain one empty form, so no difficult code ;-) .

TinyPortal © 2005-2018