Recent

Author Topic: How to Install Lazarus on Ubuntu  (Read 25647 times)

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: How to Install Lazarus on Ubuntu
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 07:03:44 pm »
Good to hear you managed to solve the problem.

I heard some have issue installing Lazarus 1.8.0. If you ever found any problem or/and workaround with the installation please share. So new users can learn from it and the developer can fix/improve it.

Mr.Paul

• 一次编写,到处编译
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 02:52:38 pm »
I tried again to install Lazarus 1.8 on Lubuntu and it worked. Desktop is LXDE, from:
lubuntu-16.04-desktop-amd64.iso

Running Lazarus for the first time will report the lack of gdb, which you can go to for synaptics installation and will automatically download several packages from the network.

Handoko

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 03:29:36 pm »
So, does it means there was no gdb issue when installing Lazarus 1.8.0 on Ubuntu 16.04 but on Lubuntu 16.04 we have to manually install the gdb?

Mr.Paul

• 一次编写,到处编译
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2018, 02:12:04 pm »
So, does it means there was no gdb issue when installing Lazarus 1.8.0 on Ubuntu 16.04 but on Lubuntu 16.04 we have to manually install the gdb?
Yes, gdb must be manually installed for Lazarus on Lubuntu 16.04.

I tried the new Lubuntu 16.04 LiveUSB and checked gdb in synaptic, showing that it was not installed.

Ruptor

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 06:06:57 pm »
Can anybody help with this error. I am running 16.04 fully updated and trying to install Lazarus 1.8.4. Using right click and the software installer I had many different errors then I found this thread and tried using GDebi. It installed the fpc sources and came back with a remove button but when I installed the fpc it said installed but didn't give the remove button. I assumed everything was OK and installed Lazarus but it came up with this error that looks like it is complaining about the order of the characters so what does that mean? ::)

Ruptor

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, 08:15:05 pm »
Its OK I made it work by going in to Synaptic selecting Architecture and ARCH: i386 then going down to the fpc range and found there was still green boxes against some fpc parts. I right clicked each green box and selected "Completely remove" then hit apply and when finished I shut Synaptic and used the GDebi to install Lazarus 1.8.2. The error was gone and the package installed. When I ran Lazarus it complained about configuration files for the old version but I just told it to update them and everything works now.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2018, 07:51:37 pm »
Hello. I tried to download and install the three packages. It went well for the two fpc packages but then with the lazarus package I get the following error.

Oh I just saw another topic about it. Nevermind.

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,41524.0.html
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

techcodie

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2020, 02:02:51 am »
Just used Handokos' method to install Lazarus 2.0.10 on Mint.  Gdebi appears to be the answer all the way around, after hunting down and nuking any trace of previous versions.

Thank you very much!  Still valuable information and help.

Handoko

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2020, 06:23:31 am »
Hello techcodie.
Welcome to the forum and thank you for reporting back.

Glad to know that helps.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018