Recent

Author Topic: Any equivalents to a couple of Delphi debugger options  (Read 9973 times)

MartynA

Any equivalents to a couple of Delphi debugger options
« on: December 09, 2017, 03:01:21 pm »
Hi,

As a long-time Delphu user, I've been trying out Lazarus recently and am finding that I prefer it in a number of respects.  However, there are a couple of Delphi debugger options I really miss and haven't yet managed to find the Lazarus equivalents for.  These are:

1.  Hide Designers on Run.

2.  The one which makes the editor window(s) read-only while the debugger is running.

Are there Lazarus equivalents to these, and where are they?

Thanks, Martyn

ASerge

Re: Any equivalents to a couple of Delphi debugger options
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 03:23:01 pm »
1.  Hide Designers on Run.
Tools/Options/Window/Hide IDE windows on run

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 10:58:24 am »
2.  The one which makes the editor window(s) read-only while the debugger is running.
As a Delphi and FPC/Lazarus developer myself. I believe the above was introduced in Delphi because Delphi can't do code navigation (eg: Ctrl+Click) while debugging. I believe marking the editors read-only was a band-aid which (might) have resolved their code navigation issue.

Lazarus had no such problems. Saying that, if Lazarus IDE doesn't already have such a "read-only editors" option, it should be a 5 minute job to add. It already has a manual option 'right-click editor -> File Settings -> Read Only" checkbox. So the solution will be to simply loop through the editors and automatically set that option - and the reverse when the debugger ends.
--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 11:02:43 am »
As a Delphi and FPC/Lazarus developer myself. I believe the above was introduced in Delphi because Delphi can't do code navigation (eg: Ctrl+Click) while debugging.

I thought the same.
Specialize a type, not a var.

balazsszekely

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 11:13:18 am »
@Graeme
If Lazarus IDE doesn't already have such a "read-only editors" option, it should be a 5 minute job to add. It already has a manual option 'right-click editor -> File Settings -> Read Only" checkbox. So the solution will be to simply loop through the editors and automatically set that option - and the reverse when the debugger ends.
And the place where to put the editor disabling/enabling code is in the image.

PS: You should also hook the create/destroy editor window functions.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018