Recent

Author Topic: New forum section - Games  (Read 6833 times)

Paul_

New forum section - Games
« on: December 06, 2017, 07:49:09 pm »
Please add games section to "Graphics and Multimedia".

It's missing, maybe it can also help with publicity.

turrican

• Pascal is my life.
    • Homepage
Re: New forum section - Games
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 03:27:08 pm »
Yes would be a nice feature to implement. I'm interested too.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 09:28:30 am »
If you're interested in games you should (or may?) join the yet existing Pascal and Delphi game community: Pascal Game Development.  It isn't very active (now) but we are talented people (someone said so :-[ ) glad to help, and all us who are actively working on games, engines and tools (including myself and the almost famous Castle Engine development team) do announce our advances there.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

Paul_

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 11:41:28 pm »
Unfortunately PGD is almost dead for years. Rather, I would propose the opposite thing, people from PGD can come here:

- it lives here
- lot of (experienced) programmers
- people of different interests and disciplines, it's not so closed
- FPC/Lazarus devs

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 01:03:16 pm »
Unfortunately PGD is almost dead for years.
So you didn't visit it too often lately, did you?  ;D
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

Eugene Loza

• My games in Pascal
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 02:59:05 pm »
people from PGD can come here
Unfortunately it's not very possible, because (I might be wrong, but it looks like) at least half of developers at PGD use Delphi and corresponding tools.

However, I'm not really sure what are the basic principles uniting people using similar, but still different environments and tools. As they are likely to get more help at language-specific forums and more feedback at "universal" gamedev forums/communities. Maybe, answering and addressing this question might help development of PGD too?
My FOSS games in FreePascal&CastleGameEngine: https://decoherence.itch.io/ (Sources: https://gitlab.com/EugeneLoza)

Paul_

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 07:05:32 pm »
I'm not sure if Delphi users have free forum like freepascal.org, Embarcadero.com is more based on the commercial sphere (databases). Surely there is a difference between FPC and Delphi in many aspects, but all dll bindings are universal or they can be written as universal (Box2D, SDL, SFML, OpenAL or another audio visual libraries). I think most of this stuff is published only here (except their home sites like GitHub). This forum is currently the place where it all comes to public, it have same bonunes.

Ambitious projects like PGD requires a lot of effort and work from the authors, simply influx of new people must be higher than common loss in some period of time. Next thing is that they haven't any base element. Here it's development of FPC/Lazarus which is something tangible and it generates new users somehow. "We are programming games in Pascal" seems vague (and no one is promoting it either). In my opinion, the interest of language-specific pages like PGD should be an effort to cover different projects which can be extra value. Like why Castle engine and ZenGL have own forums? You can be with us and have bigger audience and more users. Or something in that sense.

@Ñuño_Martínez: 3x posts on main page (2017), 2x (2016) and forum is something like max. 10 posts per month? It's sad but..
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 07:09:03 pm by Paul_ »

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 07:29:11 pm »
Welcome then!

This topic is closed.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018