Forum > Operating Systems

Raspberry 3 Installation problem [SOVLED]

(1/2) > >>

jbmckim:
I'm trying to install the most recent version of FPC/Lazarus readily available for the Raspberry.  That seems to be 3.0.0 and 1.6.2 per

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---https://www.tweaking4all.com/hardware/raspberry-pi/install-lazarus-pascal-on-raspberry-pi-2/
The install completes but on running Lazarus after the install the IDE can't find the "FPC sources."  The attachment shows the window I get at startup.  Any ideas on how to look for the sources?

thanks.

rvk:
You can see from the comment that it needs the file rtl/linux/system.pp that you need to provide the directory ABOVE the rtl directory.

You provided /home/pi/dev/fpc/3.0.0/rtl
but you need to enter /home/pi/dev/fpc/3.0.0

ttomas:

--- Quote from: jbmckim on December 02, 2017, 04:53:51 am ---I'm trying to install the most recent version of FPC/Lazarus readily available for the Raspberry.  That seems to be 3.0.0 and 1.6.2

--- End quote ---
You can try most recent version or trunk/trunk with fpcupdeluxe. I don't increase swap file, but use zram. Compile time is  faster then swap (sdcard speed is slower then ram/zip).
You can watch this video and speed increase when compiling qt5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ4VAelq-wE

I use fpcupdeluxe, trunk/trink, mORMot trunk. Adding packages and rebuld Lazarus without problem.

Thaddy:
The most recent versions are laz and fpc trunk and will happily build on a Raspberry Pi. (written from a Raspberry Pi) with  a bootstrap fpc 3 from stretch.

Thaddy.

jbmckim:
Brilliant!

rvk - That worked!  I have to say I don't get that info from the graphic I posted but... I'm not being truculent here:  I don't see how that follows from the graphic I posted.  It's probably really stupid but could you point it out to me?  (for future reference)  Thanks.

Others - all good info I may try.  I'm trying to build a new app that moves between Linux and Windows.  Compiler versioning isn't necessarily crucial (depending on implementation) but it is definitely preferred.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version