Recent

Author Topic: FPC 3.0.4 released!  (Read 32040 times)

Brizeux

• Fond of PASCAL TP7 and UCSD
Re: FPC 3.0.4 released!
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2020, 08:24:55 pm »
Dear Hansotltn. I agree perfectly your good installation of complete fpc+PtcGraph+PtcCrt under Raspbian / Rpi4 of the fp-3.0.4 packages. I shall try it . For Ubuntu ? I shall wait . It is a pity ! I am too old to wait till they mend their software. Package must be sustained firmly, a-fortiori for such a good langage as PASCAL. The idea of interoperability between systems is an illusion that force people to work only under Windows or Apple stuff only. A pity, I said, for young people, because I love the concept of "open source conquering the world" with the best langage Fpc-PASCAL of the World ! In old age Algol was good too. Ada is too multiform. PASCAL - UCSD was a "perfect system" on a wooden Apple II (exemplar 2 or 3) at M.I.T. in 1977 ...
I wait for Fpc+PtcGraph+PtcCrt under Linux... Good Hope . Yves . Fpc 3.0.4 doesn't work !

hansotten

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2020, 04:44:22 pm »
Installing from source is not that difficult, fpcupdeluxe makes it nearly as easy as the pat commands. So install fpc and dont postpone your work, time is precious!

Brizeux

• Fond of PASCAL TP7 and UCSD
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2020, 05:03:09 pm »
Thanks Hansotten .
Now, I am struggling to fit my calculations under Rpi3 (for making exe for Rpi4) with the version 2.6.4 of the compiler fpc under arm cpu . Merci beaucoup . Yves .  :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018