Bookstore

Recent

Author Topic: ACS dead? Is there a functional version somewhere?  (Read 4781 times)

CCRDude

ACS dead? Is there a functional version somewhere?
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:25:16 am »
I've looked for some platform-independent audio libraries today, for a custom media player for an old small tablet PC.

The one most recommended seems to be ACS. Now there's an ACS package 2.3, which isn't for FreePascal yet, and there's a 2.4 package, which compiles neither in Lazarus 0.9.23 nor in BDS 2006.

I've then searched a bit for the authors site, but his site is for sale, and the wiki has been used only for spam in recent times I think.

Is there any official status of the library?
Is there a version installing out of the box available somewhere?
Is there someone to send patches to for bugs?

And if neither of the above, are there any other components that could be recommended? Basically I'm looking at playing wav,mp3,ogg,flac, maybe mpc...
And if there's nothing platform independent, how would I best approach this on Linux only? Does the default MMPlayer component handle those?

felipemdc

• Administrator
RE: ACS dead? Is there a functional version somewhere?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 11:55:58 am »
Some months ago I followed the instructions on the Lazarus wiki and it worked perfectly:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/ACS

I used the subversion version as far as I remember.

About the spam on the wiki, I suggest that you contact the author so he can fix it. Maybe he didn't notice this yet.

CCRDude

RE: ACS dead? Is there a functional version somewhere?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 12:05:40 pm »
His email address is on the same domain that has been shut down, that's why I'm mentioning it here - no sense in emailing to a domain that has been parked.

But if SVN might work better, I'll try that next, thank you :)