Recent

Author Topic: Telegram bots API Wrapper  (Read 9691 times)

Renat.Su

• Renat.Su
Re: Telegram bots API Wrapper
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2019, 08:56:36 am »
Wich version of FPC?
On fpc 3.0.4, stTLSv1_1 is declared in "....... / fpc / 3.0.4 / source / packages / openssl / src / fpopenssl.pp"
Apparently duplicated here https://github.com/Al-Muhandis/fp-telegram/issues/1  Quote

Hi, If I comment it out it compiles and runs but when it runs I get SSL errors.

I tried the project on Windows and there it works 100%. I then tried it on The Raspbarian Desktop in a virtual machine. There I get the same error that the variable does not exist.

I then tried it on Debian Desktop. There it compiles but I get SSL error also.

On Raspberry Pi I use it on Raspbian Buster (Debian 10) and FPC is 3.3.1 and Lazarus is 2.0.1
Can You help us?

Renat.Su

• Renat.Su
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2019, 09:53:01 am »
I think that last commit (with OpenSSL in uses clause) is invalid for trunk FPC. Unit fpopenssl has many changes in trunk version of freepascal

Thaddy

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2019, 10:58:54 am »
I think that last commit (with OpenSSL in uses clause) is invalid for trunk FPC. Unit fpopenssl has many changes in trunk version of freepascal
Well not too many: the only thing that is  affected is the protocol defaults. Must be tls 1.1 or higher.
I suppose telegram adheres to this too.
Most people that want to use threading should learn to patch their jeans first: use a needle.

Renat.Su

• Renat.Su
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2019, 01:09:37 pm »
Well not too many: the only thing that is  affected is the protocol defaults. Must be tls 1.1 or higher.
I suppose telegram adheres to this too.
Earlier it works without explicitly specifying of SSL type, and did not even need to specify fpopenssl unit in the uses block. As I understand works without this and OS itself defines that use. Maybe I'm wrong. Then one of the users of the library reported that the new Ubuntu 1.9 did not works with lib (SSL problem) and offered a commit https://github.com/Al-Muhandis/fp-telegram/commit/fafbe6dc7fd86756208ee17f1c87567da9a90165 with an explicit specifying of a secure connection