Recent

Author Topic: The Delphi Magazine, Total Collection, Issues 1 to 139, April 1995 to March 2007  (Read 6434 times)

rc.1990

Where can I buy or download "The Delphi Magazine, Total Collection, Issues 1 to 139, April 1995 to March 2007, bonus articles April 2007" 1GB USB flash drive?

---------------------------
https://web.archive.org/web/20090318104352/http://thedelphimagazine.com/index.php

The Delphi Magazine Total Collection:
All The Articles Ever Published!

Total Collection

Everything on one handy 1GB USB flash drive, ready to use wherever you are!

Don't miss out on this vital resource: order now

Your favourite Delphi publication in an easy to use electronic format (Adobe Acrobat: the free Acrobat Reader is included on the key). Read, search and print with ease.

Total Collection contains the articles from Issues 1 to 139 (April 1995 to March 2007) of The Delphi Magazine, plus the bonus articles published in April 2007, complete with all the source code and example files for all the articles.

An easy-to-use browser allows you to search and view articles and source code, including free text search, all from one place.

Requirements: The USB flash drive is compatible with USB 2.0 and requires no drivers when used with Windows XP or higher. The software requires Windows XP or higher; it runs standalone on the USB flash drive and does not install any files on the host computer. A spare USB port is required.

We will send you a receipt with Total Collection. Note that the purchase price includes postage (airmail outside the UK) and packing and local sales tax (VAT) where this applies.

IMAGE above is for illustration ONLY: appearance of actual product may vary.

How Much Does It Cost?

Sterling £34.50, including postage and packing, to any country worldwide!

How Can I Order?

Order Online quickly and securely or call us on +44 (0)870 740 7610

Total Collection is indispensable for all serious Delphi developers: don't be without your copy!

The Delphi Magazine has been in publication, in online or printed form, since April 1995. However, all good things eventually come to an end, and the March 2007 magazine (Issue 139) was the last full issue to be produced. Some bonus articles were also published in April 2007.

Subscriptions are no longer available. If you wish to access the articles from the magazine you can purchase a copy of our Total Collection product: all the articles ever published on one handy USB Flash Drive.

The Delphi Magazine is published by iTec, who also provide TDMWeb Web Hosting.
© iTec 1994-2008. The Delphi Magazine is an independent publication. All trademarks are acknowledged.
---------------------------

devEric69

It's quite simple: you make a digital payment (of the amount requested, equivalent in £). Then, you'll receive an physical USB stick with all the *.pdf articles, source codes, and so one, in a small cardboard postage box: there is nothing to download. If I remember correctly, I think I had sent an order request with a cheque in €, to iTech or maybe Mr Frazette. British Pound Sterling, apparently, is not yet as volatile as Bitcoins, having regard to the Brexit: so, it should always do the trick.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:49:28 am by devEric69 »
use: Linux 64 bits (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS).
Lazarus version: 2.0.4 (svn revision: 62502M) compiled with fpc 3.0.4 - fpDebug \ Dwarf3.

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
I think the main question is whether these are still delivered considering that the website is only available in the Internet Archive...

devEric69

Ah yes: Mr Frizelle!

I only vaguely remembered the name of the chief editor (his\my USB key is not where i'm currently working :-[).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 08:59:21 am by devEric69 »
use: Linux 64 bits (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS).
Lazarus version: 2.0.4 (svn revision: 62502M) compiled with fpc 3.0.4 - fpDebug \ Dwarf3.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
I have the complete collection USB (I also wrote a couple of entries), but I am sure the distribution itself is copyrighted, so I am afraid to put this in the public domain without permission from Chris. At least MY code is in the public domain, because I own the copyrights for the code.
Note you have to consult an archaeology professor to make everything work as intended.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 09:06:52 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

Thaddy

Indeed, and not half as good as the delphi magazine was.

Raf20076

• https://github.com/Raf20076
It's a shame that this Delphi Magazine Collection in not available on the Internet. Lucky one who has it.

Thaddy

There must be more than me here on this forum.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 06:52:21 pm by Thaddy »

Thaddy

Be careful with that! Although the contributing authors (including me in some collaborations and code reviews) did have - in general -  the intention to open source their sourcecode contributions, there is a copyright issue. That is why I never published my version of the complete collection.  AFAIK it is OK for the sourcecode in most cases, but not for the magazine itself.
If the editor gave permission then I would like to see that permission in such a distribution. It is by no means freeware. (As opposed to e.g. UNDU, which was an almost equally rich source).
The Delphi magazine payed its authors....

So the issue at hand is: did the original publisher release it to the public domain?
(Like some other companies later did do! )
Then he must have changed his mind.... Possible, but knowing him, not likely: I asked him to consider that.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 09:42:43 am by Thaddy »

Thaddy

That is not what this is about.
But because I have his email address and family address. I will ask him what he wants.
If he or his legal representative says no, I will ask the moderators to remove this thread.
You can't simply publish intellectual property or copyright release without consent.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 10:20:57 am by Thaddy »

wyattwong

That is not what this is about.
But because I have his email address and family address. I will ask him what he wants.
If he or his legal representative says no, I will ask the moderators to remove this thread.
You can't simply publish intellectual property or copyright release without consent.

You should have done this when the original post was published on November 05, 2017

Thaddy

Well, I am free to publish my articles or articles to which I contributed, see here:
https://www.thedelphigeek.com/2008/01/reposting-tdm-articles.html
That also means, as it reads, that not every author wants that for his code to be the case.
I sent an email, so let's wait for reply.

domasz

Reading this forum is really a time-bending experience. Someone ask something, years later another person answers with a link, then another says this thread should be removed after being online for 5 years :D

Thaddy

The difference in time scale being that the "late one" put it online recently. which is not allowed without permission.
(And my person already participate in the discussion from the beginning, what he seems to have missed)

Anyway, I would not be surprised if a total release is possible, because individual authors that asked for permission have been granted that explicitly.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 10:59:02 am by Thaddy »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018