Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Error "attachDatabase failed" in Firebird  (Read 14761 times)

AEslabon4

[SOLVED] Error "attachDatabase failed" in Firebird
« on: July 05, 2017, 09:30:45 pm »
Hello everyone!  :D

I have a computer with Windows 7 and installed Firebird 3.0.2 Classic. Also I installed Flamerobin 0.9.2  :)

I configured the Database, but when I try to open it i have the error:  :(

IProvider::attachDatabase failed when loading mapping cache  :o

If I copy the database to a different computer, FlameRobin open the Database with no problems.  %)

Did I miss something?  :-\

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:16:36 am by AEslabon4 »
The World is my Country, Science my Religion.
Christiaan Huygens

AEslabon4

Re: [SOLVED] Error "attachDatabase failed" in Firebird
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 02:20:46 am »
I desinstall Firebird Version 3.0.2 and install Firebird Version 2.5.3 and the Database is open flawlessly!!  :o

Well, I have to work with this version.  :-\

Thank You all!!  ;D

P.S.

If any of You knows what happened, please tell me.  :-[
Christiaan Huygens

taazz

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 02:56:31 am »
as far as I'm aware the specific message has to do with the security portion of the server. you either have the database in a folder that the server is not allowed to open databases from there and you somehow bypass that restriction (eg adding an alias will allow you to do that) or some sort of problem with the users and security db. Try googling the error message you will get a number of hits on it.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

laguna

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 11:39:29 am »
Hi,
I have your own problem,
You can explain how you did it.
Maybe with a small example.

Thanks for everything.

AEslabon4

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 05:51:04 pm »
Hi Taazz and Laguna!  :D

Thanks for replying.   ;)

Maybe its for the security as you comment. I was working with the Database in Windows XP 32b without problems. But the hard disk of that machine goes down and my client buy a new computer with Windows 7 64b installed on it. I Try to open the Database with Version 3.0.2 of Firebird but this problem emerges.  :o

I search in the Internet and found this page: http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-4899 that contain a batch file that you can run to solve this. But I try with no positive results.  :'(

What I finally did was desinstall Version 3.0.2 and install Version 2.5.3 of Firebird and the Database opens without problem.  :P

Well, as long as I work with my Database. I decided to use Firebird Version 2.5.3 despite of being an older Version.  :-[

Now, I have the problem that my ODBC 32 driver doesn't work with this version.  %) I have to search for a 64 version instead.  :-\

Hope that this will help you too Laguna.  ::)
Christiaan Huygens

valdir.marcos

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 06:44:03 pm »
Maybe its for the security as you comment. I was working with the Database in Windows XP 32b without problems. But the hard disk of that machine goes down and my client buy a new computer with Windows 7 64b installed on it. I Try to open the Database with Version 3.0.2 of Firebird but this problem emerges.  :o

What I finally did was desinstall Version 3.0.2 and install Version 2.5.3 of Firebird and the Database opens without problem.  :P

Well, as long as I work with my Database. I decided to use Firebird Version 2.5.3 despite of being an older Version.  :-[

So far, you should not use 2.5- files on a 3.0+ Firebird server without a migration process:
- backup on 2.5 and restore on 3.0 (and, maybe, some fixes on your metadata), or;
- new metadata on 3.0+ and data pump from 2.5-.

Have you read the documentation?
https://www.firebirdsql.org/en/documentation/
https://www.firebirdsql.org/en/release-notes/

Specially?
https://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/reference_manuals/user_manuals/html/qsg3-databases.html
https://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/release_notes/html/en/3_0/rnfb30-compat-initsec.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:45:46 pm by valdir.marcos »

AEslabon4

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 07:38:35 pm »
Hi, Marcos!!  :D

Thank You very much for the information!!  ;)

I try this process.  :-[

Best regards.  8)
Christiaan Huygens

laguna

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 09:10:43 am »
Thanks.

Vincenzo

TinyPortal © 2005-2018