Recent

Author Topic: Suggested Logos and Icons  (Read 82292 times)

LazaruX

• Lazarus original cheetah.The cheetah doesn't cheat
Suggested Logos and Icons
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2007, 01:54:46 pm »
Well, maybe my english is not very good, but I have not understood what you meant. what is a cheetah? What should be placed lefto to right bottom to top?

Can you please explein better, thenks

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2007, 02:24:20 pm »
a cheetah is an animal well known for its speed. It is the mascotte or fpc and therefore a very welcome part of a Lazarus splash screen.

Legolas

• http://itaprogaming.free.fr
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2007, 02:37:35 pm »
No, it is my English that's awful :D
I'll try to explain better. Your cheetah seems that is touching the ground with front legs, so the whole figure seems tilted to the bottom. You should rotate it a bit in counter-clockwise direction, so it will seem that is touching the ground with posterior legs.

felipemdc

• Administrator
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Suggested Logos and
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2007, 05:22:30 pm »
One remark: Althougth NetWare support is theoritically possible, supposing that Gtk runs well on it, I don't think anyone ever tested Lazarus with NetWare, and I've never heard of reports that this works ok.

And Lazarus doesn't support MorphOS, and none of the current lazarus widgetsets run on it.

On the other hand, I've already seen reports that Lazarus works well with Solaris, that could be added.

LazaruX

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2007, 11:57:46 pm »
OK, I will modify it as you sad, I wanted to add solaris, but I was unsure about it.

Loegolas, I have now understod, I will maybe modify the image

LazaruX

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2007, 10:40:56 am »
Well, in the past I have made some mistakes with the logos, but with help of other users I have corrected them, there may now be also some mistakes, so please notify me them
I have rechanged the image
(http://www.freewebs.com/bpsoftware/BPsoftware%20Lazarus%20Logo%202.png)

The processor wants to mean that Lazarus works also on different processor technologies (I have read so, x86 and power pc).

I would like to add another simple image before the Leopard, a really simple image with only a few lines, maybe the face of the Leopard,

Legolas, I haven't rotated the Leopard yet, because I think that i will then modify its natural position, the leopard is nearly at the finish of its jump, thats because he is touching the ground with tha front legs.

RudieD

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2007, 02:27:00 pm »
I like the cheetah as it is. I think it shows that it's keeping in touch with reality (ground).  Not like some other compilers and languages that looses touch with the ground and depends on clouds for support.
The FRED Trainer. (Training FRED with Lazarus/FPC)

CCRDude

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Suggested Logos
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2007, 10:11:53 am »
Quote from: "BPsoftware"
Why Teo? Don't you like the logo? Maybe I am a graphic designer.

That you are not, not even a student of graphic design, can be easily seen when looking at the copy'n'paste artefacts everywhere, the missing and/or very bad anti-aliasing, the font that's ugly (the "e" is difficult to recognize) ;)
I'm not a graphic designer myself (only know one constantly critizing my own attempts at graphics), but the overall quality of your work is very inferior too the current logo.

Sorry, I wouldn't have said so harsh if you hadn't feigned to be a pro ;)

Re: Novell Netware: since modern Netware is all just Suse, that would be require to name all other Linux distributions as well, since it's basically nothing else (and no, the non-Linux versions of Network didn't have any Gtk, the last version I've seen even has just some ugly Java graphical user interface).

LazaruX

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Suggested Lo
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2007, 12:37:38 pm »
I know what you are referring to, you mean that white pixel round the picutres i have copied and pasted,.
What i have made is only to give the idea to other users, if they like it, then i will spend more time indetails,...
However, do you like the idea or not?

I haddent feigned to be a pro, I only told him (Teo) that i could be that, how ever.

Orlando

Hi, this for you guys.
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2007, 03:06:53 am »
Hi, I'm new here in the forum. I'm an old Delphi programmer but I've always followed Lazarus also. I've used it on some personal projects and it was very funny. Now I would contribute to the lazarus project with this splash screen that I did as proposal for the new release of Lazarus.

If you like it you will be free to use as you want.

(http://www.vignadeicardinali.it/lazarus/Lazarus-1.jpg)

Any suggestions to change something are welcome.

Bye, :)
Orlando.

theo

• Global Moderator
RE: Hi, this for you guys.
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2007, 04:20:13 am »
Way better. It looks good. Thank you.
But the Cheetah is too small for a logo. Either you skip it completely or you make it more prominent.

LazaruX

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2007, 09:17:13 am »
Hi orlando, congratulation, you made a good work, your logo seems made by a professional. But there are still thinkgs I do't like. I like the logos of BSD and solaris you used more than my logos, I actually like a lot the bottom part of the logo, the above part is made good, but i do't like it very much.
I have got a proposal for you and all the other users. Listen, everybody can try to make a logo and post it here, but it then will be more like a competition, than its real purpose. I propose you to work together to one logo.

Bye
BPsoftware(S)

Legolas

• http://itaprogaming.free.fr
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2007, 12:22:41 pm »
That's nice :) However I can't find where a major contributor stated that Lazarus needs a new logo  :P

Zaher

• parmaja.org
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2007, 12:43:06 am »
Orlando, use this picture with some effect to make it more hand painting

(http://www.duesternbrook.net/img/gallery/activities/b_cheetah_4.jpg)

It is full with power :)

Paul Ishenin

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2007, 01:33:35 am »
please decrypt what bottom glyps mean:
1. MS
2. Linux
3. Apple
4 ?
5 ?
6 ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018