Recent

Author Topic: Error writing content after import a Delphi project  (Read 1739 times)

micheus

Error writing content after import a Delphi project
« on: June 22, 2017, 09:56:03 pm »
Well, it has some time I create the thread Error reading form/control properties after convert a Delphi project because I was having problem importing my old Delphi 7 project. I waited for a time and as no one could tell me how to fix that, so today I had to do some workaround to get it loaded into Lazarus.

Nice. I can read my datamodules, but even if I don't change anything and try to save the file I get a stream error (see the picture) which I was - at least - expecting the Ignore option to allow me save as it is, but that doesn't happen. I does nothing and If I try to save a second time Lazarus just close!

Does somebody know what I can do about that?

micheus

Re: Error writing content after import a Delphi project
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 07:10:47 pm »
Ok. I figured out why the messages talk about "params[0]", although in the component properties window we can see the Params property correctly set - it should be by magic.

By adding and setup a new TIBQuery in another empty window - using the same query/parameters/properties - I could do a better comparison between the .LFM files and I saw the source of problem.

I Still think that after the import process Lazarus must remove any properties that are not present in its native controls, but as we see in the converted .LFM file it doesn't do that. But, like a magic it's able to extract the parameters from the old imported .DFM file and build the control in run-time.

I'm going to try go ahead now I know I can't trust in Lazarus import process.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018