Recent

Author Topic: TFPGList replacement for use with Delphi  (Read 3988 times)

lexgei

TFPGList replacement for use with Delphi
« on: June 05, 2017, 06:17:33 pm »
Hello.
I want to use PascalScada with Delphi XE3 and I see that the unit FGL is used.
I want to compile the package but there's use of TFPGList that is making problems.
Can anyone tell me more about this FGL unit and maybe tell me if there's a built in component in Delphi XE3 I can use.
Please advise.
Regards
Geir

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: TFPGList replacement for use with Delphi
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 06:35:15 pm »
There is a solution in trunk that you can use rtl-generics and that is almost Delphi compatible (and better!).
The point is: are you willing and able to use FPC trunk? Since it is Scada, I would not do that yet, although rtl-generics are stable, but unusable with the current official fpc  release 3.0.2.

for Trumpo's: weaknesess in Scada caused and contributed to a world wide infection while targeting Iran... Thank you Trumpo's.....<think>? (this was not his fault, be he likes it none the less..)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 07:09:57 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 07:30:48 pm »
I want to use PascalScada with Delphi XE3
Try some older version. Lately author doesn't seam to bother with maintaining Delphi compatibility.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 09:15:45 pm »
There is a solution in trunk that you can use rtl-generics and that is almost Delphi compatible (and better!).
The point is: are you willing and able to use FPC trunk? Since it is Scada, I would not do that yet, although rtl-generics are stable, but unusable with the current official fpc  release 3.0.2.

They are usable with 3.0.2. It had all necessary fixes merged back that 3.0.0 lacked to allow the usage of rtl-generics. One simply needs to compile them manually, but they are perfectly usable.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018