Forum > Other OS

MSDOS Arguments

(1/3) > >>

Coldfire:
Hi, i'm trying to port a very short programfrom linux to MSDOS-8086.

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---program project1;Uses sysutils;var  arginput       :        string;  argoutput      :        string;  fileinput      :        file;  fileoutput     :        text;  dumpbuf        :        word;  resultado      :        integer;  begin     arginput:=ParamStr(1);     argoutput:=ParamStr(2);     assign(fileinput,arginput);     assign(fileoutput,argoutput);     reset(fileinput,2);     rewrite(fileoutput);     write(fileoutput,'<nombrevariable> dw ');     blockread(fileinput, dumpbuf, 2, resultado);     write(fileoutput, '0', format('%x',[dumpbuf]),'h');     while(eof(fileinput)=false) do       begin         blockread(fileinput, dumpbuf, 2, resultado);         write(fileoutput, ', 0', format('%x',[dumpbuf]),'h');       end;     close(fileinput);     close(fileoutput);     writeln(resultado);end.in linux works somewhat great(dumps a file into little endian words written in a text file), but it behaves strange in MSDOS. Apparently is ignoring arguments. Also it expects a CRLF from keyboard to finish. MSDOS arguments have limitations?
Thanks

marcov:
The eof() is for cooked I/O not blockread.

EOF with blockread is when resultado<> the number of bytes read (mostly 2 in your case)

So the Linux program is wrong, and might only happen to work by chance

Ñuño_Martínez:
Also note that Linux will expand filename wildcards (i.e. "file*", "file??" ...). Neither MS-DOS or Windows does it.  I don't know about others.

Coldfire:

--- Quote from: marcov on June 02, 2017, 10:01:35 am ---The eof() is for cooked I/O not blockread.

EOF with blockread is when resultado<> the number of bytes read (mostly 2 in your case)

So the Linux program is wrong, and might only happen to work by chance

--- End quote ---

good point. Now that is fixed, linux version works ok, but DOS version is still printing the file to stdout instead of specified file, and still waits for a CRLF from keyboard...

marcov:
Start with using reset(f,1);

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version