Recent

Author Topic: ./../ppaslink.sh: line 9: /usr/bin/ld: Argument list too long  (Read 10948 times)

DonaldShimoda

• Parallel Pascal Worlds
Re: ./../ppaslink.sh: line 9: /usr/bin/ld: Argument list too long
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 03:04:47 pm »
Ok. Perhaps I understand now.

Fpcupdeluxe installs a FPC/Laz combi without changing anything to the host-PC.
Meaning: no paths are set.
Meaning: FPC will not be found from the command line unless the full path is specified.

I think you encounter the same problem that prevent Mac specific packages (like for iPhone) to work:
fpcupdeluxe makes a local install.

For some (like me)very usefull, for others (like you I presume) causing problems.

My friend i appreciate a lot your work. I don't understand why you think im not. Im not telling is a fcpupdeluxe problem. Is clear is a fail because the total path called is too long for mac. Is not a package problem, is a problem with the AMOUNT of installed packages! I bet because the path need to build lazarus is TOO LONG for the command line because the amount of packages i have.

If i remove another package and install the last one failed to installed, it works! So, is clearly a problem with the amount of packages.

Now, that DONT HAPPENS TO ME on another OS, like i say, neither with another platforms, very different, like arm , intel 386 or and 64. The problem is on that platforms i DOMNT USING fpcupdeluxe so i can't say is a fpcupdeluxe problem (because the amount of packages i use) or is a OS X problem.

I hope is clear now, i love your job, and i don't have any interest on critic that work, at all.

Any other idea to tes? theres any place to see the path as is called at the OS?

Best regards.

DonAlfredo

Re: ./../ppaslink.sh: line 9: /usr/bin/ld: Argument list too long
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 03:32:08 pm »
Don't worry : I did not have any negative emotions or whatever about your posts !
In fact, all remarks of users of fpcupdeluxe have helped it to get where it is now.
Again, don't worry, I am an old man ... ;-)

Will look further into your problem.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018