Recent

Author Topic: Obfuscator for FreePascal / Lazarus  (Read 19791 times)

Seenkao

• New ZenGL.
Re: Obfuscator for FreePascal / Lazarus
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2021, 11:25:00 pm »
At DOS era, C++, Pascal and assembly were popular programming languages. I see that you prefer assembly more than C++, I don't know if C++, assembly and BASIC maybe the popular languages in Russia?

You seem expert in programming, but not all people are programmer and they can't do the same.

Нет, я не считаю себя экспертом. Мне ещё учиться и учиться. :-[
Многие языки программирования (как и везде) уходят с пика популярности. Но C/C++ достаточно популярен, чтобы его можно было использовать. Упоминания о Basic мне давно не попадались. Ассемблер - это основа, и кто хочет понять, тот должен (на мой взгляд) это знать.
Паскаль стоит особняком. Его просто не забывают, и многие не забывают поливать его грязью.

google translate: No, I don't consider myself an expert. I still have to study and study. :-[
Many programming languages (as elsewhere) are leaving their peak of popularity. But C/C++ is popular enough to be used. I haven't come across any mention of Basic for a long time. Assembler is the foundation, and whoever wants to understand should (in my opinion) know it.
Pascal stands alone. He is simply not forgotten, and many do not forget to throw mud at him.
Rus: Стремлюсь к созданию минимальных и достаточно быстрых приложений.

Eng: I strive to create applications that are minimal and reasonably fast.
Working on ZenGL

pascal111

• Un trabajo en equipo para programas serias.
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2021, 11:51:36 pm »
Pascal stands alone. He is simply not forgotten, and many do not forget to throw mud at him.

Thanks!
Lazarus freePascal is good version of this language.
La chose par la chose est rappelé.

Blade

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2021, 02:36:35 am »
Personally, I don't see anything worth looking into to hack. (I'm interested in development) Most of the information is already in the public domain. I don't quite understand what you can hide so that I cannot repeat it. It's enough for me to see how the program works. And, if it's worth it, you can make an analog and better.

This is a very valid point.  A high level programmer can just need to see or interact with the software, in order to get ideas of how to create something similar.  It's a matter of if such people aren't already busy or interested in something else.

Another point, which seems to have gotten obscured, is that those into cracking are not necessarily interested in the source.  As far as source, that is more about scripting and interpreted languages, as opposed to being a significant threat to compiled languages.  If they can get the source (because of what the program was written in), of course it would be a party for them, but that's not necessarily the main or easy objective.  They are more often interested in circumventing the security of the program to allow for illegal usage.  Which is often patching or altering the program.  Assembly language and tools to exploit vulnerabilities are where they are at.  When it comes to a vulnerability, that's quite unpredictable, no matter the defense or protection.  As mentioned, nothing is hacker-proof.  More of a matter of slowing people down, and relying on that the vast majority are not so obsessed (to include groups dedicated to such a purpose) to spend massive amounts of time trying to crack it.  Legal ramifications are probably the greater deterrent than the technical.  Of course, at least having your door locked, is better than it being wide open.  But it doesn't mean a burglary can't happen, despite the lock.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 02:45:06 am by Blade »

pascal111

• Un trabajo en equipo para programas serias.
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2021, 08:36:54 pm »
At DOS era, C++, Pascal and assembly were popular programming languages. I see that you prefer assembly more than C++, I don't know if C++, assembly and BASIC maybe the popular languages in Russia?

You seem expert in programming, but not all people are programmer and they can't do the same.

Нет, я не считаю себя экспертом. Мне ещё учиться и учиться. :-[
Многие языки программирования (как и везде) уходят с пика популярности. Но C/C++ достаточно популярен, чтобы его можно было использовать. Упоминания о Basic мне давно не попадались. Ассемблер - это основа, и кто хочет понять, тот должен (на мой взгляд) это знать.
Паскаль стоит особняком. Его просто не забывают, и многие не забывают поливать его грязью.

Many programming languages (as elsewhere) are leaving their peak of popularity. But C/C++ is popular enough to be used. I haven't come across any mention of Basic for a long time. Assembler is the foundation, and whoever wants to understand should (in my opinion) know it.

I think "Java" can be used instead of BASIC in the trinity I imagined in Russia of the most popular basic languages, so I imagine it like this "C++, assembly and Java". I didn't see an alternative for assembly to be used popularly in Russia  :)
La chose par la chose est rappelé.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018