Forum > Other OS

Newbie questions about cross-compile and android apk's

<< < (3/3)

cpicanco:

--- Quote ---As LAMW user,  you do not need code  Java or "Pascal JNI  hieroglyphs" code... just plain Pascal!
--- End quote ---

However, there is a bunch of java dependencies, please correct me if I am wrong. I want a minimal setup with plain free pascal code as musch as possible, pretty much like the approach suggested by Leledumbo. I need to inform myself further about this approach and confirm if any C bindings or C libraries will be needed (My problem is with Java, not C, not OpenGL).

jmpessoa:
The "binds" are Android NDK, SDK and java JDK.  But, all java code is hidden for LAMW user...

Well,  LAMW is wizard! so, all you need is code in plain Pascal: RTL + FCL + [all not LCL dependent code]!

Leledumbo:

--- Quote from: cpicanco on May 21, 2017, 09:11:43 pm ---However, there is a bunch of java dependencies, please correct me if I am wrong. I want a minimal setup with plain free pascal code as musch as possible, pretty much like the approach suggested by Leledumbo. I need to inform myself further about this approach and confirm if any C bindings or C libraries will be needed (My problem is with Java, not C, not OpenGL).

--- End quote ---
I wouldn't force that, since you don't have to deal with any single Java token (except those which present in Pascal as well), i.e. those Java files are prepared already and will be used transparently without you even noticing. As I said before, all existing approaches use JNI, which is the only C bindings required. There are JNI units in FPC and LAMW (based on FPC one, minimal differences due to historical reason) ready to use.

The official Android NDK utilizes the same project structure as Android SDK, in which you can't escape little Java code requirement as well. Only with NativeActivity you can, in which the required Java bootstrap code will be injected on the fly by the Android runtime. But again, that's not for common Android application.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version