Forum > Translations

[Closed] Poll: Usage of Dutch translation for IDE

(1/10) > >>

Bart:
Hi,

The dutch translation files for the IDE are not maintained very well.
Currently only about 27% of all strings are translated.

I suspect that most of the Dutch users of Lazarus do not use a translated IDE at all.
I come from the TP3.0 era, and I am very used to the english jargon that comes with programming (in Pascal).
Dutch translations of keywords like event, method, exception, enabled, visible etc. just seem a little "odd" to me.
I do OTOH use the Dutch lclstrconsts.nl.po file in almost all my programs.

Currently I am trying to translate the Dutch language file for the IDE.
This proves to be rather tedious.
First of all, because I am not a translator, second because the sheer mount of work involved.
I currently am at 39% transated strings.

I would really like to ask all Dutch users of Lazarus to fill in the poll.

Also I would like to know if anyone would volunteer to be the official Dutch translator?

Bart

rvk:
First thing I always (need to) do, after zapping the config and a new install, is setting the language to English [en]. Even though I have my display language of Windows set to English, with the Automatic (or English) setting the IDE keeps displaying Dutch for me (grrrr  >:D)

So yeah, my preferred Language for development is always English because communication/programming/googling problems etc. is easier in English on the internet.

wp:

--- Quote from: rvk on May 14, 2017, 11:44:42 pm ---with the Automatic (or English) setting the IDE keeps displaying Dutch for me

--- End quote ---
I think this is just a incorrect text, it means "Use the language for the OS". Therefore, the "(or English)" is misleading and should be removed.

rvk:

--- Quote from: wp on May 15, 2017, 12:17:14 am ---
--- Quote from: rvk on May 14, 2017, 11:44:42 pm ---with the Automatic (or English) setting the IDE keeps displaying Dutch for me

--- End quote ---
I think this is just a incorrect text, it means "Use the language for the OS". Therefore, the "(or English)" is misleading and should be removed.

--- End quote ---
Yes, but the setting still has a bug.
When I use Automatic it should display in the first language in the Language settings.
Below is my setting for languages.
And Lazarus keeps displaying Dutch when I set it to Automatic (which it shouldn't).

("Apps and websites will appear in the first language in the list that they support")

i.e. Lazarus IDE uses the regional setting (Dutch) and NOT the Language setting (which it should).

wp:
Isn't this specific of Win10? AFAIK, Win7 and the older versions have only the combo for "Region and Language".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version