Recent

Author Topic: Carbon widgetset news  (Read 19711 times)

abb

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: carbon widgetset news
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 06:54:17 pm »
Quote from: "geoffrey"
success at last! now to make it do something useful.....

I'd like to ask you, whether you have any problems with the debugger, when you trace your Carbo App on your Intel Mac? As for me, I have... breakpoints do not working. So, debugger is just useless... :(

Thanks.

Marc

• Administrator
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: carbon widgetset news
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 11:45:11 am »
ow... that is sill an issue I'm looking at. Somehow the debugger doesn't work for intel macs (i only have a ppc)
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

abb

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 06:43:45 pm »
Please look at this X11 log:

[DBGTGT] TCarbonWindow.CreateWidget succeeds
[DBGTGT] TCarbonWindow.RegisterEvents TCarbonWindow Form1: TForm1
[DBGTGT] CarbonCommon_BoundsChanged Form1:TForm1
[DBGTGT] TCarbonControl.RegisterEvents TCarbonButton Button1: TButton
[DBGTGT] TCarbonControl.RegisterEvents TCarbonButton Button2: TButton
[DBGTGT] TCarbonControl.RegisterEvents TCarbonStaticText StaticText1: TStaticText
[DBGTGT] TCarbonControl.RegisterEvents TCarbonStaticText StaticText2: TStaticText
[DBGTGT] TCarbonControl.RegisterEvents TCarbonStaticText StaticText3: TStaticText
[DBGTGT] TCarbonWidgetSet.SetScrollInfo Error - Widget TCarbonWindow is not TCarbonCustomControl!
[DBGTGT] TCarbonWidgetSet.SetScrollInfo Error - Widget TCarbonWindow is not TCarbonCustomControl!

This is the end of a very long log, which appears at the application startup in the IDE. What does it mean that:

"Widget TCarbonWindow is not TCarbonCustomControl!"?

Is it a bug or a feature yet missing?

Thanks.

P.S. Use 0425 SVN.

Tombo

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 08:25:20 pm »
It's a missing feature.
Carbon widgetset has slightly different hierarchy than LCL. The TCarbonWindow class is not descendant of TCarbonControl nor TCarbonScrollingWinControl. To assure scrolling for TForm, we need to insert scroll box into it. That's TODO.
I agree, that the message is quite puzzling and not very precise.

crorden

Carbon widgetset bounties
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 10:52:17 pm »
Tombo is doing amazing work. It is nice to see the TImage component working so well. I have created a couple of bounties to encourage someone to develop the components that I use regularly:
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Bounties
Beyond the money, I would be really grateful for someone to port these components to the Carbon interface.

Phil

Re: Carbon widgetset bounties
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 04:48:24 pm »
Quote from: "crorden"
I have created a couple of bounties to encourage someone to develop the components that I use regularly:
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Bounties
Beyond the money, I would be really grateful for someone to port these components to the Carbon interface.

Have you looked at the Orpheus TOvcSpinner control? The last time I checked it wasn't yet working with the Carbon widgetset, but you could try it out with Gtk to see how it works and whether you like it. I don't know if this control would be of any interest to you, but it does have one big advantage over TSpinEdit: Since Orpheus is also available for Delphi this adds a spin control to Delphi, which doesn't have one. This might allow you to compile your program with Delphi too.

http://web.fastermac.net/~MacPgmr/OrphPort/OrphStatus.html

crorden

Carbon widgetset news
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 04:06:46 pm »
Phil-

The windows version of mricron I distribute is compiled with Delphi (allows shared memory, drag and drop, etc), and I use the RX component library's RXspinEdit for floating point values. However, I think it would be great to have a Carbon version of TFloatSpinEdit, as this would allow people to compile the code right out of the box. At the moment the same Lazarus code compiles on Windows, Linux, MacOSXppc (GTK) and MacOSXintel (GTK).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018