Recent

Author Topic: Large known Projects with Lazarus/Free Pascal?  (Read 11246 times)

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
Re: Large known Projects with Lazarus/Free Pascal?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 12:43:35 pm »
AFAIK most of the large projects done with Lazarus are not in the public domain.
That's correct.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

thehidden

• Freelancer
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 12:57:56 pm »
Thank you for all the information.
I will make some thoughts on it and will talk with my customer.

@thaddy:
Budget is open. The limit is the sky.
Question is only to find out what is more suitable for my customer. Using an external company/programmer or getting a programmer as staff member. Time is the question, not the budget. As faster as better...
I am mostly writing software for Image/Video based Process Documentation and Warehouse/Invoicing.
Other Software only if the project is interesting.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 01:33:07 pm »
Additional they told that nobody would use anything byside C# and C++ for new Software projects. Delphi would be overaged and out of discussion for software development.

Any statements on this?

Yeah, they are full of it. I wonder why you even bother to listen to them, since they are clearly clueless and subjective.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 04:39:03 pm by marcov »

jacmoe

• Jacmoe's Cyber SoapBox
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 05:18:44 pm »
I am a C++ programmer, and there are C++ frameworks for the web - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_frameworks#C.2B.2B - as there are web frameworks for pretty much any language, obscure or not, you can think of.

There is not really much difference between using C++, C, Rust or Go, so obviously: that does exist. And people are actually doing that.

If you care about faster time to market, productivity and maintainability, rather than what's hot these days, Lazarus and FPC is actually a very compelling option in my opinion.
Very productive.

Base your decisions on what you need, not on what's the newest black.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 05:21:52 pm by jacmoe »
more signal - less noise

TinyPortal © 2005-2018