Forum > Translations

Application Translations

(1/2) > >>

Rayvenhaus:
I was wondering if this is where one can ask for assistance in converting a .po file into other languages?  If not, can anyone point me where I can go to get assistance in converting my application into other languages?

Thanks in advance!!

lainz:
If you use poedit you can get semi-automatic translations based on suggestions, you click a suggestion and it get's translated to the target language for you, up to 10 suggestions, then you need to restart poedit to get suggestions again. If you got the paid version it's even easier since it has no limit.

Then if you're not sure, you can always send your translation to a native speaker. There are also paid services for translation, search online.

Edit: and of course if your application is open source I'm glad to help you to translate it to spanish.

Rayvenhaus:
Yes it's open source and I will look at POEdit and see how that goes. As far as the Spanish translation, if you're willing to help, I'll gladly accept your efforts.

Eugene Loza:
I think you mean not "convert" a .po file into another language, but to actually translate its content, right?
If you're speaking about a commercial project, then your direction is toward freelance interpreters, which are plenty around the Internet for a vast majority of native languages.
If you're creating a Free (Libre) and Opensource project (you've answered that question)
I think you should ask for help in this software-related forum. Maybe, create a topic about your project here. As far as I've seen by now FOSS programs have a much wider support for native languages (however, not always trnanslations are of high quality).
I've been using Transifex for some time, and it's relatively user-friendly, automatically exports-imports .po files. Of course, an interpreter would want more power, but it's widely used and has a not-very-limited free version. Many FOSS projects such as FreeDroidRPG and SuperTuxKart use Transifex as far as I know.

lainz:

--- Quote from: Rayvenhaus on January 18, 2017, 02:42:13 pm ---Yes it's open source and I will look at POEdit and see how that goes. As far as the Spanish translation, if you're willing to help, I'll gladly accept your efforts.

--- End quote ---

Yes, just send me the english .po file, if it's in another language than english, please first translate to english since I don't know another languages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version