Recent

Author Topic: MouseAndKeyInput package istallation problem.  (Read 4481 times)

HappyLarry

MouseAndKeyInput package istallation problem.
« on: January 10, 2017, 05:24:29 pm »
I am trying to use the MouseAndKeyInput component that comes with Lazarus (but is not automatically installed). When I compile the example project I get the error
The project requires the package "LazMouseAndKeyInput".
But it was not found. See Project -> Project Inspector.
and as it says it is required in the Project inspector.

When I look in the MouseAndKeyInput folder there is no.lpk file. Could someone explain how  I include the package MouseAndKeyInput in my project?

Thanks
Use Lazarus and Free Pascal and stand on the shoulders of giants . . . very generous giants. Thank you.

balazsszekely

Re: MouseAndKeyInput package istallation problem.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 05:49:02 pm »
You should find lazmouseandkeyinput.lpk package inside $(LazarusDir)\components\mouseandkeyinput\folder. You don't have to install it, just add to the project requirement(see attachment).

HappyLarry

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 06:22:43 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion but ....

I am using Ubuntu.

Therefore $(LazarusDir)\components\mouseandkeyinput\folder means
/usr/lib/lazarus/1.6/components/mouseandkeyinput (Ithink - or at least that is the only mouseandkeyinput folder on te system).

There is no .lpk file in there.

Lazarus is already aware of the dependency (it won't compile the program) but it can't find th package file (because it isn't there).

Use Lazarus and Free Pascal and stand on the shoulders of giants . . . very generous giants. Thank you.

balazsszekely

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 06:30:57 pm »
@HappyLarry

I am using Ubuntu.
It's irrelevant in this particular case. The location is different but the source code is the same. Mouseandkeyinput works both under windows and linux.

Therefore $(LazarusDir)\components\mouseandkeyinput\folder means
/usr/lib/lazarus/1.6/components/mouseandkeyinput (Ithink - or at least that is the only mouseandkeyinput folder on te system).
Yes, please replace the folder with the one in the attachment(make a backup first, if you like). You probably accidentally deleted the lpk file.

HappyLarry

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 06:49:46 pm »
@GetMem
Thanks for the file. It's working now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018