Recent

Poll

Vote: What's the best project of this year?

"ball" by raw
1 (3.7%)
"bgragraphics" by j-g (pocket watch)
2 (7.4%)
"duplo6" by bylaardt
7 (25.9%)
"glslideshow" by handoko
2 (7.4%)
"mariocronch" by ericktux
0 (0%)
"movingdots" by lainz
1 (3.7%)
"movingdotsgl" by lainz
0 (0%)
"relogio" by bylaardt
5 (18.5%)
"starsfieldshooter" by turrican
0 (0%)
"steampunkclock" by bylaardt
1 (3.7%)
"sudoku" by user137
5 (18.5%)
"furiouspaladin" by handoko
3 (11.1%)
"educrace" by lulu
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Graphics Contest 2017, please vote now!  (Read 200615 times)

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
Re: Graphics Contest 2017
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2017, 01:48:59 am »
This is unbeatable!
I love it.. play it every night... :D

I think everyone programmed that game some time.  :)

My forgotten screenshot, sorry!

Now than I see, I'm missing the colors in the numbers. Also when I launch the game I can't select the combobox. I'm running Linux 64, downloaded the whole repository.

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2017, 08:49:40 am »
Yup. me too... I gave up when some guy wrote the whole game (80*25 ANSI character graphics) in 256 bytes! in 1985/1986... for an assembly language contest. Using all kind of weird tricks like indexing asm opcodes (to character rom) and self modification..
Does someone still have that 8086 code? I miss it...It was brilliant, utterly brilliant...

[edit]
The commodore 64 one was not far off in 6510 assembly at 384 bytes. I did mine for Commodore 64 in just under 1K... (looser!) but I tried. So basically now you know that, on average, I am 4 times as bad as a brilliant one...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:03:26 am by Thaddy »
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

lainz

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2017, 03:41:48 pm »
Yup. me too... I gave up when some guy wrote the whole game (80*25 ANSI character graphics) in 256 bytes! in 1985/1986... for an assembly language contest. Using all kind of weird tricks like indexing asm opcodes (to character rom) and self modification..
Does someone still have that 8086 code? I miss it...It was brilliant, utterly brilliant...

[edit]
The commodore 64 one was not far off in 6510 assembly at 384 bytes. I did mine for Commodore 64 in just under 1K... (looser!) but I tried. So basically now you know that, on average, I am 4 times as bad as a brilliant one...

Yes there are also binary size contest that the .exe file should not be larger than "x" kb.

I don't have that kind of code, the older code I have is from 2007  ::)

bylaardt

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2017, 07:52:10 pm »
Now than I see, I'm missing the colors in the numbers. Also when I launch the game I can't select the combobox. I'm running Linux 64, downloaded the whole repository.

Fixed. Tanks for the feedback.
use popup menu to change sound, deck texture or tiles colors.

Changes committed on https://github.com/bylaardt/duplo6

RAW

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2017, 07:58:53 pm »
My forgotten screenshot...
Nice! I like games with homogeneous appearance and nice colors that don't punch you visually in the face.
Windows 7 Pro (x64 Sp1) & Windows XP Pro (x86 Sp3).

turrican

• Pascal is my life.
    • Homepage
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2017, 02:32:46 pm »
Hey people!

I am interested on the contest! Can I participate?

Thaddy

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2017, 02:38:07 pm »
Hey people!

I am interested on the contest! Can I participate?
Yup!
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

turrican

• Pascal is my life.
    • Homepage
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2017, 02:44:27 pm »
Cool, I will participate with a cross-platform graphic demostration using ZenGL framework based on OpenGL and DirectX.

Thaddy

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2017, 02:45:24 pm »

[edit]

Yes there are also binary size contest that the .exe file should not be larger than "x" kb.

I don't have that kind of code, the older code I have is from 2007  ::)
It's bytes, not kilo bytes... It is a lost art.... >:( :( :( :(

turrican

• Pascal is my life.
    • Homepage
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2017, 02:47:21 pm »
There will binary size limitation?  :o

bylaardt

« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2017, 03:38:29 pm »
No limitation of this kind of art.

PS: For the Motivational Phrases Contenst my vote is for Thaddy when {$DEFINE ThaddyGrumpyModeOn}

Sometimes everyone needs a little inspiration

J-G

« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2017, 09:47:24 pm »
I have an entry ready to send but don't know precisely what is required. I assume the .LPI, .LPR, .LFM and .PAS files and maybe the .ICO but suspect that .RES and .LPS might also be needed along with the Images used.

Nor do I know how the files should be sent and to whom !

... but I'm sure Lainz will enlighten me :)
FPC 3.0.0 - Lazarus 1.6 &
FPC 3.2.2  - Lazarus 2.2.0 
Win 7 Ult 64

lainz

« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2017, 11:32:22 pm »
I have an entry ready to send but don't know precisely what is required. I assume the .LPI, .LPR, .LFM and .PAS files and maybe the .ICO but suspect that .RES and .LPS might also be needed along with the Images used.

Nor do I know how the files should be sent and to whom !

... but I'm sure Lainz will enlighten me :)

Hi J-G, how you are?

You can upload it as a zip file in your website and put a link here, basically the people needs to download and test it.

If you're in doubt include everything, except the .bak files or backup folder (that depends on the settings, where these files are generated) and also don't include the lib folder.

Executables are welcome also, but not required.

J-G

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2017, 04:17:19 am »
Hi J-G, how are you?
In good order thanks - had a fantastic concert last Saturday and still buzzing from it :)
Quote from: lainz
You can upload it as a zip file in your website and put a link here, basically the people needs to download and test it.

If you're in doubt include everything, except the .bak files or backup folder (that depends on the settings, where these files are generated) and also don't include the lib folder.

Executables are welcome also, but not required.

Since posting, I've seen fit to do some small 'tweeks' - totally cosmetic but I know that they improve the program  -  so I'll upload to my site tomorrow sometime - just need to sleep on the adjustments to determine that they really are necessary and they are done in the most efficient way (they are to do with enabling or prohibiting mouse-cursor changes to indicate available events).
Win 7 Ult 64

J-G

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2017, 01:07:50 pm »
My entry for the 'Animation' section is now available for you to download from www.crescentcomputing.co.uk/lainz.

There is one .ZIP file - BGRA Graphics.ZIP - which contains all the Laz generated files plus Screen-shots, .PNG Images, The CorelDRAW! file and a 32bit executable.

As there are no text clues such as TButtons cluttering the main image, I've added a comment at the top of the .PAS file to explain the thinking and controls.

I hope I've remembered everything - you'll no doubt let me know otherwise :)
Win 7 Ult 64

TinyPortal © 2005-2018