Forum > Free Pascal

FPC 3.0.2-rc1 released

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eugene Loza:
Great job! Really looking forward to it.

--- Quote ---as a (late) Christmas present
--- End quote ---
And we're still having Christmas tomorrow in our country :)
I only wish there were debian packages to download... I've still had no time to find out how to compile FPC safely from the sources on a no-internet computer...

Bart:

--- Quote from: Bart on January 06, 2017, 11:56:52 am ---I got a regression which crashes programs.
The regression is caused by r33823 (merging of r33363 to fixes branch).

--- End quote ---

Fixed in r35246.

Bart

mjustin:
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I noticed a FPC 3.0.2 release announcement on http://freepascal.org/ of 15. February which has a link to the download sites containing only setup files for 3.0.0. Is the release still in progress?

I have found some setup files on ftp://freepascal.stack.nl/pub/fpc/dist/3.0.2/ but not for all platforms which were supported by 3.0.0 (x86_64-win64)

Thaddy:
A complete release is a lot of work.
The compiler itself won't change (as it is in the tagged repository).
The distribution is being build for the supported platforms.

Patience should last a maximum of about two weeks.

Although this is officially a point release, "there are many new and exiting features" (free citation from the famous David I ) in 3.0.2.

marcov:

--- Quote from: mjustin on February 17, 2017, 04:48:44 pm ---I have found some setup files on ftp://freepascal.stack.nl/pub/fpc/dist/3.0.2/ but not for all platforms which were supported by 3.0.0 (x86_64-win64)

--- End quote ---

Most targets have been uploaded. There was however some delay in getting mirrors sycned, so there was no announce yet, but those are the final release binaries.

The i386->x86_64 cross binary from 3.0.0 is there, just in a different directory. (i386-win32 instead of x86_64-win64)

Afaik there are no official x86_64-win64 native builds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version