Recent

Author Topic: (Search and) Replace has no effect  (Read 3187 times)

Kurt

(Search and) Replace has no effect
« on: November 25, 2016, 01:03:23 am »
Using Replace seems to have no effect in Lazarus 1.6.2.  I've tried it using global, using selected, using from cursor, using from top.  Whole words and just one letter.  I've tried selecting confirm on replace and not.  I've tried hitting Replace and Replace All.  As soon as I click on one of them the dialog just silently disappears like I clicked cancel.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 01:52:53 am by Kurt »

Eugene Loza

• My games in Pascal
Re: (Search and) Replace has no effect
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 08:17:03 am »
I'm having a similar issue when I try to search and replace something above the cursor. Try to put your cursor to the beginning of the file and search/search&replace from there.

E.g. I want to replace something in 10 units, I search-and-replace everything and eventually I find out something was not changed. Finally I understand that I've just had cursor position different in those units and in some of them the text to replace was above the current cursor location in those files.
My FOSS games in FreePascal&CastleGameEngine: https://decoherence.itch.io/ (Sources: https://gitlab.com/EugeneLoza)

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 10:02:06 am »
OS ? 32/64Bit ?

try to see if anything is in the log (start lazarus with --debug-log=c:\log.txt

BeniBela

• homepage
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 12:20:55 pm »
I have/had an issue where I have to do everything twice.

Let's say I have searched for something, If I then click replace, it is still searching and not replacing, so I have to start the replace again. Then this works, but when I search something later, it starts replacing it again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018