Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 792660 times)

TRon

Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #2220 on: April 22, 2023, 06:38:22 pm »
I must admit, I haven't explored it to deeply either.
To be fair, at one point I decided to go the single file route and have tried to improve things based on that decision without actually giving the multiple file approach the attention it probably deserves.

On my main PC, I have my own scripts. They are old, but the fall under "don't touch a working system".
Fair enough  :D

Although that was my intention as well, history have proven a couple of times now that someone (I do not mention names on purpose) is able to make such changes to either the build system, introduces another approach for a newly introduced platform (that works just a tad different) and/or change of storage locations that it brakes my (*cough* otherwise solid proof) script

It could be an interesting discussion with regards to different viewpoints/solutions but, I'll refrain from further discussion to not pollute this thread even further. Thank you for having taken the time to provide a bit more context.

Instead it is possible (though I have to check the minimum Laz version / but it is some Laz 1.x) to create a file
Ah thank you for that as I was not aware it is possible to do that. I use the same approach that fpcdeluxe uses by providing the -pcp option to the shortcut.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2221 on: April 22, 2023, 07:36:54 pm »
I will look into this.
Not sure if possible with the current (old) codebase.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #2222 on: April 22, 2023, 10:15:24 pm »
OK one more idea.

On linux, installing fpc creates an fpc.sh.
This passes the path to the fpc.cfg to the real fpc.
Code: Bash  [Select][+][-]
  1. #!/bin/sh
  2. # This script starts the fpc compiler installed by fpcup
  3. # and ignores any system-wide fpc.cfg files
  4. # Note: maintained by fpcup; do not edit directly, your edits will be lost.
  5. /home/m/fpup/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpc -n @/home/m/fpup/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpc.cfg "$@"

This can be made - kind of - optional.

FPC searches for the config in the following order (can be found using "fpc -va test.pp")
Code: Text  [Select][+][-]
  1. [0.000] Configfile search: /home/m/.fpc.cfg
  2. [0.000] Configfile search: /home/m/fpup/fpc/bin/etc/fpc.cfg
  3. [0.000] Configfile search: /etc/fpc.cfg

The 2nd line is relative to the fpc executable "/home/m/fpup/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpc"
(from the fpc executable it is ../etc/fpc.cfg )

Now, of course, if the user has ~/.fpc.cfg then the fpc.sh is still needed. So it should be kept.

But, if the fpc.cfg file was created at /home/m/fpup/fpc/bin/etc/fpc.cfg then users can chose. If they don't have ~/.fpc.cfg then they can use fpc directly.

thierrybo

« Reply #2223 on: April 27, 2023, 09:55:20 am »
Hi,

is there a way to control modules version to not always have to use main/master unstable branch?

thierrybo

« Reply #2224 on: May 13, 2023, 04:48:24 pm »
Well I reply to myself. I found in "Setup+" the "FPC hash/tag" and "Laz hash/tag" settings.

It works on a first installation. However if i try to build a new revision (from the same branch), it does not work.

For example currently my FPC revision is fixes_3_2 revision 15194c6ee9

I want to update to fixes_3_2 revision gb3baa35179

I can see from the logs that fpcupdeluxe knows that I want revision 15194c6ee9:

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. fpcupdeluxe: info: FPC Native Installer (GitClient: FPC): Running GIT checkout or update of revision gb3baa35179 of branch fixes_3_2.
  2. ...
  3. fpcupdeluxe: Executing: /usr/bin/git log -1 --pretty=format:%h (working dir: /home/thierrybo/.local/opt/lazarus_fixes_fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc)
  4. fpcupdeluxe: info: FPC Native Installer (GitClient: FPC): Current commit name: 3.2.3-707-g15194c6ee9.

I see no error but at the end the source is still on old revision.

I had to do a "git pull" and run fpcupdeluxe again to get the right revision.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 04:59:43 pm by thierrybo »

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

• Professional amateur ;-P
« Reply #2225 on: May 24, 2023, 11:41:46 pm »
Hey DonAlfredo,

Very dumb question: How much of  pain, blood, sweat and tears would be spent on detaching fpcupdeluxe from the GUI and having a command line version?

Cheers,
Gus

P.S.: I swear on all that is holy that I love you to bits and I can't shout your worth any louder to the World!!!
Sorry for such a question ;)
Lazarus 3.99(main) FPC 3.3.1(main) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
Lazarus 3.0.0(stable) FPC 3.2.2(stable) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
http://github.com/gcarreno

El Salvador

« Reply #2226 on: May 25, 2023, 12:00:45 am »

af0815

« Reply #2227 on: May 25, 2023, 07:47:08 am »
fpcup is always been a commandline programm and was the starting point. fpcupdeluxe is the gui version, later build for easier use. You have fpcup for fpc and fpclazup for fpc+Lazarus. See readme.TXT on https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/Reiniero-fpcup

But don't forget the prerequisites, IMHO they are the same like fpcupdeluxe (depending what you want to install). See https://wiki.freepascal.org/fpcupdeluxe 

I used fpcup long before fpcupdeluxe exists, this is one reason for understanding it better :-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 07:49:06 am by af0815 »
regards
Andreas

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2229 on: May 25, 2023, 01:56:02 pm »
@El Salvador
Your workflows are very nice !

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2230 on: May 25, 2023, 03:00:42 pm »
@thierrybo
This might be a serious bugger. Lets continue (or go on) on GitHub and report back here when finished.

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

• Professional amateur ;-P
« Reply #2231 on: May 26, 2023, 01:07:29 am »
Hey Y'all,

For those suggesting fpcup and fpclazup, I'm very thankful, but I already know about their existence and have had a go at them in the past.
And I also have seen @SalvadorBS's workflows and quite admire his efforts!!

I was looking more into something a bit more polished and feature full as the work @DonAlfredo has put into fpcupdeluxe.

I've had someone ask for cross-compiling as a feature for setup-lazarus and the fact that fpcupdeluxe integrates that so seamlessly is just a dream come through.

My main objective here, and I have to admit it's a pipe dream, is that I have 3 precious tools in command line format to completely solve my "clients demands" and actually make it so when Google provides ARM runners I don't have to beg the package team for .deb files for Raspberry Linux 32b/64b.

In my pipe dream, those 3 tools are: lazbuild(DONE), fpcupdeluxe(NOW BEGGING FOR) and OPM(STILL THINKING ABOUT IT).

If or when I can have a set of tools that can ease the load on making setup-lazarus as powerful as what we can do by hand, then I'll be satisfied.

Hope this clarifies things a bit more!!

Cheers,
Gus
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 02:17:56 am by Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno »
Lazarus 3.99(main) FPC 3.3.1(main) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
Lazarus 3.0.0(stable) FPC 3.2.2(stable) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
http://github.com/gcarreno

Awkward

« Reply #2232 on: May 28, 2023, 07:57:52 pm »
Didn't updated FPC/Lazarus some time  and got problem now:
when i trying to update, compiling fail on command
D:/Work/LazTrunk/fpcsrc/compiler/ppc1.exe -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fi../inc -Fi../i386 -Fi../win -FE. -FUD:/Work/LazTrunk/fpcsrc/rtl/units/i386-win32 -vw-n-h-l-d-u-t-p-c- -dREVINC -DD2023/05/28 -di386 -dRELEASE  -Us -Sg system.pp -Fi../win

i got several messageboxes which said what can't find CoWaitForMultipleObjects function in OLE32.dll
as i remember, that means what program want to be used on Win10/win11 OS bu i have Win7 which DON'T have this function. How to avoid that problem?

Awkward

« Reply #2233 on: May 28, 2023, 08:56:04 pm »

Hartmut

« Reply #2234 on: June 11, 2023, 02:13:29 pm »
Subject: IDE shows wrong Error Message "Cross compiler not supported"

I have an installation of Lazarus 2.2.4 with FPC 3.2.2 made by fpcupdeluxe on Linux Ubuntu 22.04 64-bit and added 4 cross-compilers. One of them (aarch64) shows an Error message
Code: Text  [Select][+][-]
  1. 'Compiler "<install_path>/fpc.sh" does not support target aarch64-linux'
each time, when I select in Menu "Project Options / Compiler Options / Config and Target / Target CPU family" = "aarch64" and press OK. But the cross-compiler works perfectly - only this Error message is wrong.

I opened a Topic in the forum in https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,63574.0.html for that issue, but we found no solution there.

Dear DonAlfredo, please have a look at this Topic to check, whether something with this installation made by fpcupdeluxe could be wrong. Thanks a lot.

Please write any answers or questions in above Topic, so we don't have 2 Threads for 1 issue. Thanks.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018