Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 794059 times)

BosseB

Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #2175 on: March 25, 2023, 08:31:10 am »
Updating my post after further tests:

Note:
fpcupdeluxe also listed FPC 3.2.4 but that has not been released yet AFAIK so I did not select that version...
How does this work?
Can fpcupdeluxe install future versions of Lazarus??

Some more Questions and observations:

1. OnLine Packlage Manager?
Why is this missing?
Seems strange since it is always part of the Lazarus sources otherwise.  >:(
I found it....
For some reason it has been removed by fpcupdeluxe as a default package, but it is possible to manually install using a button on tab "Modules"

2. Where to put custom packages?
Also I usually check out a set of custom packages from our own SVN server into the pcp dir so it is kept with that version similar to what OnLine Package Manager does.
Will this not work here?
After I found OnlinePackageManager and used it I could see that it put its stuff into the pcp dir so I did the same with our custom packages
3. Adding older versions of Lazarus/Fpc?
Where will a new install of an older version set be located if installed with fpcupdeluxe?
Say I would like Lazarus 2.0.12 + Fpc 3.0.4 as a second installation without mixing together with the one I just did, how is that accomplished?

I have noted that fpcupdeluxe did not create a sub-directory below the top level install path for the install I did just now.
So do I understand it such that the path entered in the top left box as "Install path" has to be set by oneself to a unique name to indicate which version it contains?
I expected it to use the install path as a top level dir below which it would create a suitably named sub-directory to place the new install.
But it does not, so one has to define a new install path for each version to be installed.
I repeated the install with such an extended install path.
4. Rename install path?
Given the above, can I now rename the install directory to a suitable name after the install has completed?
5. Uninstall the newly installed Lazarus/Fpc?
How do I properly go about uninstalling what fpcupdeluxe has installed since I got the directory named wrong?
This is still a remaining issue, what about an uninstall function, which would remove the install directory AND any remaining shortcut placed on the desktop?
I do not know what else fpcupdeluxe writes outside of the install directory...
Can I just delete the complete install dir and the visible shortcut on the desktop and it will be all gone or are there artifacts remaining elsewhere?
6. Cross compiler?
How do I add a cross-compiler to an already installed Lazarus/Fpc?
This needs some detailed description....
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 08:32:43 am by BosseB »
--
Bo Berglund
Sweden

BosseB

« Reply #2176 on: March 25, 2023, 09:16:22 am »
TPrinterdialog missing from Lazarus 2.2.6 installed via fpcupdeluxe!

I ran the installation as described above and now when I try to open a project that works just fine when opened in Lazarus 2.2.4 (installed via the SourceForge installer) then it crashes complaining it does not know anything about the printer dialog, which is used by that application.
When I look at the 2.2.4 Dialogs tab and compare to the 2.2.6 tab there is a big difference!

See the screenshot where I have shown the dialogs existing in 2.2.4 and missing in 2.2.6

Why are these dialogs not present in a stock fpcupdeluxe Lazarus 2.2.6 install on Windows 10 x64?  >:(
And what else might be missing?

Notice that in the file tree the file C:\Programs\LazFpc\2.2.6\lazarus\components\printers\printersdlgs.pp is actually present, but it is not compiled into the IDE for some obscure reason!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 09:21:13 am by BosseB »
--
Bo Berglund
Sweden

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2177 on: March 25, 2023, 10:19:12 am »
On some operating-systems, printerdialog does not compile. So, its left out from the base install. Like OPM, it can be installed by the user.

BosseB

« Reply #2178 on: March 25, 2023, 11:41:32 am »
On some operating-systems, printerdialog does not compile. So, its left out from the base install. Like OPM, it can be installed by the user.
So what is the correct way to do that?

1) In fpcupdeluxe: Modules/printer4lazarus?

2) Or in Lazarus: Packages/Install-Uninstall-Packages/Available/printer4lazarus 0.5 (or maybe printer4lazaruside 0.0)?

Or some other way???

EDIT:
Never mind, I looked in the Lazarus 2.2.4 and it used both in the second alternative, so I selected these two and rebuilt Lazarus.
Now the project can be loaded without problems.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 11:53:48 am by BosseB »
--
Bo Berglund
Sweden

BosseB

« Reply #2179 on: March 25, 2023, 04:21:17 pm »
Is there a list somewhere showing all the packages that are left out because of this?
For example some file on the GitHub project I can read and enter into my own notes?
--
Bo Berglund
Sweden

BosseB

« Reply #2180 on: March 26, 2023, 05:43:50 pm »
Lazarus (latest) installed by fpcupdeluxe, how to configure for cross-compilation towards RaspberryPi4 with ARM7L CPU?

I have installed Lazarus 2.2.4 with Fpc 3.2.2 and configured it like I need on Windows 10.
It was OK after I figured out how fpcupdeluxe works...

Now I would like to configure it with cross-compilation to RPi4 which uses ARM7L processor.
I have fetched the units dir content (.ppu and .o files) from the RPi4 where the same Lazarus/Fpc has been installed.
On Windows I have created a subdir named fpc\3.2.2\units\arm-linux into which the content of the fpc units dir on the RPi4 has been copied and also dir lazarus\units\arm-linux into which the RPi4 lazarus units/arm-linux dir content has been copied.

So now I am ready to do the remaining configuration to enable cross-compilation for the application to RPi4 from Windows.

I assume there is some additional config needed but I don't know what....
It does not work right now to set the target to Linux and  CPU family to arm so there is possibly some other setting that also needs to be modified....

My guess is:
1) I should create a dir: C:\Programs\LazFpc\2.2.6\fpc\bin\arm-linux
2) I should copy the file C:\Programs\LazFpc\2.2.6\fpc\bin\x86_64-win64/fpc.conf to the new dir above.
3) I should edit the fpc.conf file to reflect what should be done on target ARM7L, but how?
4) Then????
Any ideas what to do?

Or else  can fpcupdeluxe fix the complete configuration such that it will work to cross-compile given that I have collected the unit files from the RPi4?

EDIT:

Seems like I have totally misunderstood how this works...
Apparently one needs a separate cross-compiler for the arm target and then some extra files on top of that. No real guidance found on how to accomplish it, so I am inclined to give up and instead continue running native dev environments on the target platforms.
This means that I will transfer the sources via Subversion and build on the target like I have done up until now. Losing too much time trying to install cross functionality.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 08:52:45 pm by BosseB »
--
Bo Berglund
Sweden

fabiopesaju

« Reply #2181 on: April 05, 2023, 04:10:08 pm »
How to proceed when an error occurs when installing a module/component?

I'm on linux, fedora. I successfully installed lazarus and fpc, using the "fixes" version. I started to install (through fpcupdeluxe) some components with success. when I went to install RX, it showed some errors and didn't compile.

I didn't want to have to delete everything and start from scratch. is there any way to take the rx out of process and recompile what i already have?

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
« Reply #2182 on: April 05, 2023, 07:36:05 pm »
Now I would like to configure it with cross-compilation to RPi4 which uses ARM7L processor.

Using fpcupdeluxe, you should just be able to go to the cross tab (as opposed to the basic tab where the app initially places you).

Then you select your targets and press install.

I install on Windows x64, with cross to Windows x32 and Linux-Arm (for Pi development)
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
« Reply #2183 on: April 05, 2023, 07:37:39 pm »
How to proceed when an error occurs when installing a module/component?

Consider opening a ticket here:  https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/issues
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

tetrastes

« Reply #2184 on: April 05, 2023, 10:53:35 pm »
I install on Windows x64, with cross to Windows x32

Just in case, be careful with this, because 64-bit ppcross386.exe generates different code for Extended type, than native 32-bit ppc386.exe.

And fpcupdeluxe warns about that.

anderbelluno

« Reply #2185 on: April 06, 2023, 11:28:07 pm »
Hey guys.
I'm venturing out with the cross compile.
My development environment is:
Windows 10 64bit.
Lazarus 2.2.6(installed with FpcUPDeluxe).
I installed cross X86_64 - Linux, made the settings in the project and it compiled without errors.

But when submitting the project for Ubuntu 20.04.1 it complained that libc6 is in a different version.
That is, in Lazarus it is compiling with a newer version than the Ubuntu version.
A friend suggested that I downgrade the Lazarus version, so the Ubuntu version will be newer, but I have no idea how to do that, and it really is feasible, what do you guys advise me?

thank you very much

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2186 on: April 07, 2023, 07:47:34 am »
This is a known problem. And NOT related to the Lazarus version !
When cross-compiling with fpcupdeluxe, it uses libraries. The developer of fpcupdeluxe (me) tries to keep the libraries current.

So, you get the (latest) libs from:
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/download/crosslibs_v1.4/CrossLibsLinuxx64.zip

As your system is a bit older than these libs, you need older libs.
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/download/crosslibs_v1.3/CrossLibsLinuxx64.zip
or even older (you get the logic I guess):
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/download/crosslibs_v1.2/CrossLibsLinuxx64.zip

So.
Remove the current libs from your cross-libs directory.
Download older libs and put them in the right place.
Use fpcupdeluxe to install the cross-compiler (again).
Re-compile your app. Test it on the target. You should be good to go.

BosseB

« Reply #2187 on: April 07, 2023, 09:45:10 am »
QUESTION:
Since I saw the cross-compile discussion above:

Is it possible to use Lazarus 2.2.6/Fpc 3.2.2 to cross-compile for RaspberryPi4B devices?
Lazarus is installed using fpcupdeluxe on Windows10 x64 Pro.

The targets are running:
Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
or
Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

If possible, what do I need to do to set up the cross possibility for ARM on RPi4B using fpcupdeluxe on Windows?

I have installed the same version of Lazarus/Fpc (from sources) also on the RPi4 running buster, but it is tedious to use VNC and work on the RPi4 from Windows...
So I would like to use my Windows workstation to do the development.
--
Bo Berglund
Sweden

BosseB

« Reply #2188 on: April 07, 2023, 10:11:01 am »
UPDATE:
I should have added what I have tried:
In fpcupdeluxe:
- Tab "Cross"
- Select CPU=arm and OD=linux
- Install compiler

In Lazarus:
- Load project to cross
- Project/ProjectOptions/CompilerOptions/Paths/:
  - $(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)\projectname
- Project/ProjectOptions/CompilerOptions/Config-and-Target/:
  - TargetOS: Linux
  - CPU family: arm
  - processor: ARMV6 (there are many selections here, which to use?)
  - Win32 gui application: checked or unchecked? Obviously not Windows on Linux....
    (I have left it checked)

When I hit OK on the settings changes it fails..
Code: [Select]
----------------------------------------------------------
Compiler
"C:\Programs\LazFpc\2.2.6\fpc\bin\x86_64-w...\fpc.exe"
does not support target arm-linux
    [OK]
----------------------------------------------------------
It seems like it cannot find the cross...
--
Bo Berglund
Sweden

BosseB

« Reply #2189 on: April 07, 2023, 10:15:23 am »
If I try to reinstall the cross I get this dialog in fpcupdeluxe:
--
Bo Berglund
Sweden

TinyPortal © 2005-2018