Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 794102 times)

DonAlfredo

Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #2070 on: October 09, 2022, 04:06:46 pm »
@BSaidus
Correct. My bad.
Working version available as a fixes release of current version.
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/fixes

BSaidus

• lazarus 1.8.4 Win8.1 / cross FreeBSD
« Reply #2071 on: October 10, 2022, 08:02:42 pm »
@BSaidus
Correct. My bad.
Working version available as a fixes release of current version.
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/fixes

Thanks you man.
lazarus 1.8.4 Win8.1 / cross FreeBSD
dhukmucmur vernadh!

beria

« Reply #2072 on: November 02, 2022, 12:21:02 am »
I have a slightly unusual request.  Is there any way to build FPC including all *.s files. That is, with assembler sources.... Basically this is just adding some flags when compiling. In particular I have "-an -ao -ar -at"
It's not just for fun... Sometimes there are errors in RTTI and the debugger for them shows the name of the RTTI procedure and the assembler command that caused the failure. But it's hard to connect it to a specific place in the code... Well, looking at the assembler listing, it's easier for me to understand it, i.e. the actual implementation, it's already very easy to find the location and causes of failure, including RTTI errors...

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2073 on: November 02, 2022, 01:48:01 pm »
I have looked at your request.
Normally, this should be as easy as adding "-a -an -ao -ar -at" into the FPC options (override) in Setup+.

However, at the moment, fpcupdeluxe will not be able to do precisely what you want.
After building FPC, many things get cleaned up in the FPC source directory. Including the units directories that contain the *.s files. So, some changes are needed. That will be available in the next release. I will keep you posted.

Question.
In your user-case, do you have a separate fpcsrc and fpc (install) directory. Meaning fpc sources and binaries are installed in different directories. Or is all together ?
Thanks.

ydd

« Reply #2074 on: November 08, 2022, 04:42:32 pm »
Hi, do you plan to support version for Windows on ARM? thanks

ydd

« Reply #2076 on: November 08, 2022, 05:13:24 pm »
Win64Arm64 added.
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/download/fixes/fpcupdeluxe-aarch64-win64.exe
very good, thank you!

No guarantees. Feedback is very welcome.
I just ordered Windows on ARM notebook. Should get it in about 2 weeks.

PS: same way almost 2 years ago I sent you feedback about testing on M1 for MacOS. I believe ARM is the future!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 09:50:26 pm by ydd »

440bx

« Reply #2077 on: November 16, 2022, 03:48:25 am »
Hello,

I tried installing the trunk versions of Lazarus and FPC using the latest version of FPCUPDELUXE (and the previous version as well, just in case) and it hangs early in the process while executing Powershell.

Attached is a snapshot of the situation.

Any help in correcting this problem greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2078 on: November 16, 2022, 06:25:23 am »
This is a known issue. Unfortunately, some crypto files were removed from the Lazarus sources (binaries) on Gitlab.
Few days ago, a new version of fpcupdeluxe has been released. That version should work better !
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/v2.2.0n

440bx

« Reply #2079 on: November 16, 2022, 07:16:06 am »
This is a known issue. Unfortunately, some crypto files were removed from the Lazarus sources (binaries) on Gitlab.
Few days ago, a new version of fpcupdeluxe has been released. That version should work better !
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/v2.2.0n
Thank you for the reply DonAlfredo.

The first one I tried was 2.2.0n and it hung, because of that, I figured I'd try v2.2.0m (the previous version) and got exactly the same result.

IOW, no difference between v2.2.0m (previous version) and v2.2.0n (current version)

Is there some way I could manually download the missing files and place them where they are expected ? (NOTE: I'm using a clean installation with nothing installed at all, IOW, is no previous Lazarus and no previous FPC either)

(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

440bx

« Reply #2081 on: November 16, 2022, 11:05:37 am »
Thank you DonAlfredo. 

I followed your instructions.  Downloaded and placed the files in fpcupdeluxe's directory and that took care of the original problem.

Now, it says it wants to download wget.exe because it couldn't find one but, it is hanging when attempting to download it.

Same question as before, is this something I could download manually to prevent the problem ?

thank you again for your help.

Attached is a screenshot of the current hang.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2082 on: November 16, 2022, 11:20:04 am »
This should not happen.
I am inclined to think that you (or fpcupdeluxe) are blocked from both GitHub and GitLab.
The crypto files are downloaded from GitLab.
The wget files are downloaded from GitHub.
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/download/windowsi386bins_v1.0/wget.exe

440bx

« Reply #2083 on: November 16, 2022, 12:14:39 pm »
@DonAlfredo,

I downloaded wget.exe and tried again.  wget.exe failed because vcruntime140.dll was missing which got taken care of by installing one of MS vc redistributable files.

After that, it finally worked :)

Apparently, part of the problem is using a clean installation (a fresh, very clean VM) which didn't have the vc runtime dll among other commonly installed files.    I mention that just FYI.

DonAlfredo, thank you again for all your help.  Much appreciated.

dseligo

« Reply #2084 on: November 16, 2022, 12:33:49 pm »
I downloaded wget.exe and tried again.  wget.exe failed because vcruntime140.dll was missing which got taken care of by installing one of MS vc redistributable files.

After that, it finally worked :)

Apparently, part of the problem is using a clean installation (a fresh, very clean VM) which didn't have the vc runtime dll among other commonly installed files.    I mention that just FYI.

Maybe you should say in what Windows version this happened.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018