Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 794103 times)

DonAlfredo

Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #1845 on: April 15, 2021, 01:02:35 pm »
Next release will have an OPM speedbutton again !
See screenshot.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1846 on: April 15, 2021, 03:03:44 pm »
Next release will have an OPM speedbutton again !
See screenshot.
Great! Thank you.

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
« Reply #1847 on: April 17, 2021, 01:37:57 am »
Regarding embedded.
Latest trunk with uf2 export and FreeRTOS for arm makes FPC really suited for easy embedded production ready products. See included pictures. A very basic datalogger display. Previously, this would have been done in c, now in pascal with FPC and Lazarus ! A breeze.
That looks cool Don, any chance you could write up some sort of HowTo  on the wiki ?  I had no idea it would be possible to use Lazarus in such a project !

Davo
Lazarus 3, Linux (and reluctantly Win10/11, OSX Monterey)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

DonAlfredo

« Reply #1848 on: April 17, 2021, 09:21:23 am »
@dbannon
It should be as easy as a single click. Use fpcupdeluxe 1.8.2s.
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/1.8.2s

Point the install directory towards an empty suitable directory. Click on the Wio button. Sit back and relax and keep fingers crossed. Start the newly installed Lazarus by its new shortcut on your desktop (if all went well). Open an example project in "yourinstalldirectory\ccr\mbf-freertos-wio\SamplesBoardSpecific\WioTerminal\Examples". Compile it and you should have an uf2-file.

If you own a Wio.
Reboot the Wio in program-mode as described. Drop the uf2-file into the Arduino drive. Ready. No programmer needed.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #1849 on: May 21, 2021, 12:48:19 pm »
Fpcupdeluxe celebrating FPC release 3.2.2 !
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/1.8.2t
Note for Mac users.
The FPC 3.2.2 sources have been mirrored on Github. So, please select stable.git as FPC version to install FPC without needing SVN. Same is valid for Lazarus naturally.

Josh

« Reply #1850 on: May 27, 2021, 09:32:16 pm »
Hi

the Mac Arch64 version is no longer running, getting
You do not have permission to open the application “fpcupdeluxe-aarch64-darwin-cocoa.app”.

Any ideas?
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #1851 on: May 28, 2021, 10:41:53 am »
@josh
This is a known issue. An external app for Darwin ARM64 has to be code-signed AND notarized. I am trying to do this on a Mac 10.15 VM with the assistance of another helpful forum member. But yet without success. Needs a bit more time to get everything up and running.

Josh

« Reply #1852 on: May 28, 2021, 01:33:20 pm »
Hi

Quick workaround is to turn OFF SIP, the app will then run.

On M1 start in recovery mode (ie turn on M1 and keep power button depressed until recovery screen displays, login as admin user (modified login screen) and start up terminal in utilities) type and enter csrutil disable; it will probably ask for password again, and after a minute or two you should get a message System Integrity Protection is Off; now type reboot , mac will restart, now fpcupdeluxe aarch64 will run as normal, you will have to right click and choose open from the menu the first time; you will get a message telling you its not an approved app or something; choose OK and your ready to go; note if you update fpcupdeluxe you will need to right click and choose open from the menu again; as the new version will fire up the warning.

ps make sure that under System Preferences->Security & Privacy In the General tab, make sure to tick the option Allow apps downloaded from: is set to App Store and identified developers; you will have to click the lock icon (bottom left) to unlock the ability to change this.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 01:34:59 pm by josh »
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

MiR

« Reply #1853 on: May 28, 2021, 08:49:57 pm »
The easy solution to the problem is to codesign the executable by yourself, then the problem goes away.

usually it is enough to do

Code: [Select]
codesign --force -s - fpcupdeluxe-aarch64-darwin-cocoa.app/Contents/MacOS/fpcupdeluxe-aarch64-darwin-cocoa
in some cases you need to reboot your mac first so that codesign caches are deleted

MiR

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 08:06:36 pm by MiR »

WayneSherman

« Reply #1854 on: June 02, 2021, 01:30:41 am »
Getting errors trying to install fpc/lazarus on Linux.  It doesn't get past fpc compilation.

Distro/OS:  Fresh Xubuntu 20.04 LTS x64 w/ latest updates

Preinstallation Setup:
  sudo apt update
  sudo apt full-upgrade
  sudo apt install make binutils build-essential gdb subversion zip unzip
  sudo apt install libx11-dev libcairo2-dev
  sudo apt install libpango1.0-dev libgtk2.0-dev libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev

Fpcupdeluxe Versions Tested: v1.8.2t and 1.8.2u

Options tested: Stable/Stable and Trunk/Trunk (installed into new folders)

Result:  Error while compiling FPC

Partial install Log:

FPCupdeluxe basedir:       /mnt/fpcupdeluxe/stable
Bootstrap dir:             /mnt/fpcupdeluxe/stable/fpcbootstrap

FPC URL:                   https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_3_2_2
FPC source directory:      /mnt/fpcupdeluxe/stable/fpcsrc
FPC install directory:     /mnt/fpcupdeluxe/stable/fpc
FPC options:               

Lazarus URL:               https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_2_0_12
Lazarus source directory:  /mnt/fpcupdeluxe/stable/lazarus
Lazarus install directory: /mnt/fpcupdeluxe/stable/lazarus
Lazarus options:           -g -gl -O1

31-5-21 23:24:31: fpcupdeluxe: V338 (20210528) started.
FPCUPdeluxe V1.8.2u for x86_64-linux running on Ubuntu

/usr/bin/make -C utils install
/bin/install -m 755 -d /mnt/fpcupdeluxe/stable/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux
/bin/install -c -m 755 fpc ppufiles ppudump ppumove mka64ins mkarmins mkx86ins /mnt/fpcupdeluxe/stable/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux
/bin/install: cannot stat 'utils/samplecfg': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [Makefile:2563: compiler_distinstall] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Makefile:2860: installbase] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:2875: installall] Error 2

/bin/install -m 755 -d /mnt/fpcupdeluxe/stable/fpc/lib/fpc/3.2.2
/bin/install -c -m 755 ppcx64 /mnt/fpcupdeluxe/stable/fpc/lib/fpc/3.2.2/ppcx64
/bin/install -m 755 -d /mnt/fpcupdeluxe/stable/fpc/lib/fpc/3.2.2
/bin/install -c -m 755 utils/samplecfg /mnt/fpcupdeluxe/stable/fpc/lib/fpc/3.2.2/samplecfg

fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: FPCNativeInstaller (CleanModule: FPC): Error running /usr/bin/make for FPC failed with exit code 512
. Details:

ERROR: Fpcupdeluxe fatal error !
Sequencer (FPC): Failure running fpcupdeluxe: error executing sequence FPC
Sequencer (Default): Failure running fpcupdeluxe: error executing sequence Default
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 02:04:08 am by WayneSherman »

WayneSherman

« Reply #1855 on: June 02, 2021, 01:58:19 am »
Getting errors trying to install fpc/lazarus on Linux.  It doesn't get past fpc compilation.

I also tested fpc "stable.git" and fpc "3.2.0" with the same error.

WayneSherman

« Reply #1856 on: June 02, 2021, 02:32:01 am »

I tried again and got it to work.  I am testing in a VirtualBox VM and it fails when building in a folder which is shared to my VM from the host (/mnt/fpcupdeluxe/stable/).  But if I install into a directory in my home, it works (/home/user/fpcupdeluxe).  hmm...

[EDIT]  I have write permissions to the VM shared folder (perms = 770 i.e. rwxrwx---), not as the owner but because I am in the vboxsf group.  Since the build process appears to set some permissions to 755 (rwxr-xr-x), I wonder if it is locking itself out from writing to certain directories or files?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 02:54:14 am by WayneSherman »

DonAlfredo

« Reply #1857 on: June 02, 2021, 09:21:13 am »
Those errors seems to be generated by the Makefile itself. And do not seem to be related to fpcupdeluxe. You might try to perform an install from sources w/o the help of fpcupdeluxe to investigate the cause of this issue.

WayneSherman

« Reply #1858 on: June 03, 2021, 03:20:11 am »
Those errors seems to be generated by the Makefile itself. And do not seem to be related to fpcupdeluxe. You might try to perform an install from sources w/o the help of fpcupdeluxe to investigate the cause of this issue.

Correct, it was not related to fpcupdeluxe.  Compiling FPC was fixed by changing my mount options to make my user the owner, and compiling Lazarus required symlink support on the file system.  For the benefit of others:

If you want to to compile FPC and Lazarus using Linux and a VirtualBox VM with a directory which is accessible from both the host and the VM, do the following:

1) When setting up a "Shared Folder" for the VM, do not select the automount checkbox.  Inside the VM add a mount entry to /etc/fstab

your_shared_folder_name  /home/your_user/your_shared_folder_name   vboxsf   uid=1000,gid=1000  0   0
(my user and group id are 1000, but yours may be different)

2) On the host run the following to enable symlink support for the VM shared folder:

VBoxManage setextradata "your_vm_name" VBoxInternal2/SharedFoldersEnableSymlinksCreate/your_shared_folder_name 1

References:
https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04.html#sharedfolders
https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch08.html#vboxmanage-extradata
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 03:28:44 am by WayneSherman »

RDL

« Reply #1859 on: June 22, 2021, 07:18:26 pm »
Hello.
I already asked this question on github. (https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/issues/392)
Let me ask about it here.
How do I compile "CrossBinsLinuxi386.zip" and "CrossLibsLinuxi386.zip" for glibc 2.19 arm and i386 linux?
thanks in advance
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 07:21:35 pm by RDL »
Sorry for my english, google translation!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018