Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 794141 times)

DonAlfredo

Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #1470 on: December 04, 2019, 04:34:27 pm »
@macfly
ZIP-sources have been added. You might try this release to test !

This release should also solve the severe delete error.

https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/1.6.6a

guest64953

« Reply #1471 on: December 04, 2019, 05:13:48 pm »
Could you also cross compile a version of fpcupdeluxe for DFBSD? I could workaround the linker issue. The last version for DFBSD is very long time ago. With it I could test if FPC + Laz finally worked on that platform easier. Thank you.

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,47641.msg341527.html

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #1473 on: December 05, 2019, 08:42:55 pm »
Maybe cross for DragonFlyBSD can be made for Linux x64?

BosseB

« Reply #1474 on: December 05, 2019, 11:28:08 pm »
I am moving from my old Win7 Pro x64 workhorse to a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro x64. So I am looking at fpcupdeluxe to install on the laptop (it never worked on Windows7).
I downloaded the fpcupdeluxe-x86_64.exe file from github.
When I try to run it Windows pops up a dialog box saying:

Windows protected your PC
Windows Defender Smartscreen prevented an unrecognized app from
starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

So what do I do now? Seems like it won't work here either....
Is it primarily only for Linux?
--
Bo Berglund
Sweden

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #1475 on: December 06, 2019, 01:33:15 am »
@BosseB: right-click on the program and choose Properties, check the "unblock" checkbox under security at the bottom of the dialog. You should now be able to run the program.

BosseB

« Reply #1476 on: December 06, 2019, 12:16:18 pm »
OK, that worked.
And it got further than on my Win7 laptop.
But now it is doing a svn checkout and has been at it for some time.

Is it normal that in this time the application becomes totally unresponsive?
I cannot widen the window so I can read the complete log lines and when I tried to use the slider at the bottom of the log window to move the view to the right in order to see what is going on, then the application window went gray as if disabled.

Could the work not be run in a separate thread so the GUI would not become blocked?

Anyway after some time (maybe 10 min) it came back and is now apparently compiling stuff.

EDIT 15 min later:
SUCCESS!
Lazarus is installed and can be started!
Thanks!

Cross?
Now my next task is to try and make it possible to cross-compile for Raspbian on this Windows 10 machine too...

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 12:41:51 pm by BosseB »
--
Bo Berglund
Sweden

ertank

« Reply #1477 on: December 06, 2019, 03:51:35 pm »
I have a problem of fpc compilation under Raspbian. Process comes to exact same point and stops there. Well, hoggs one core of the CPU and never pass over it.
I did try current pre-release and one earlier.

After I kill fpcupdeluxe, I see there is one "ppcarm" process still hogging my CPU. So, actually it is ppcarm that is locking entire process. I have been trying this to work out about 3-4 days now. Attached is my locked screen. I wonder if I can do anything to get it back to working.

I could not find a log file in my system. I am not sure 100% but it seems to log somewhere in the internet: http://fpcuplogger.batterybutcher.com:8880/root/getinfohtml

I choose fixes3.2 for fpc and fixes2.0 for Lazarus. However, compiling seems to stop at bootstrap compilation.

P.S.: Latest fpcupdeluxe has a bug of wrongly saving/reading selected FPC version and Lazarus version by one item up in their respective lists.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 03:53:46 pm by ertank »

guest64953

« Reply #1478 on: December 06, 2019, 04:49:58 pm »
@hunghung

You are welcome to try:

https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/download/1.6.6a/fpcupdeluxe-x86_64-dragonfly

The same old error like previous version of fpcupdeluxe:

Start compiling package utils-fppkg for target x86_64-dragonfly.
       Compiling fppkg/fppkg.pp
       Compiling fppkg/pkglnet.pp
The installer encountered the following error:
External command "/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/compiler/ppcx64 -Tdragonfly -FEfppkg/bin/x86_64-dragonfly -FUfppkg/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/rtl/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fcl-base/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fcl-res/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/rtl-objpas/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fcl-xml/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fcl-process/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fcl-net/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fcl-passrc/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fcl-async/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/rtl-extra/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/paszlib/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/hash/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fppkg/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fpmkunit/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/libtar/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fcl-web/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fcl-db/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/ibase/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/mysql/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/odbc/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/oracle/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/postgres/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/sqlite/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/dblib/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/pxlib/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fcl-json/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fcl-fpcunit/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/openssl/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fastcgi/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/httpd22/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/httpd24/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Fu/home/hunghung/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/libmicrohttpd/units/x86_64-dragonfly/ -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Cg -Sg -vw-n-h-l-d-u-t-p-c- -Fl/usr/local/lib -Fl/usr/pkg/lib -Fl/usr/pkg/lib -dx86_64 -dRELEASE -Sm "-dpackage_version_major:=3" "-dpackage_version_minor:=3" "-dpackage_version_micro:=1" "-dpackage_version_build:=-1" -viq fppkg/fppkg.pp" failed with exit code 256. Console output:
Target OS: DragonFly for x86-64
Compiling fppkg/fppkg.pp
Compiling fppkg/pkglnet.pp
pkglnet.pp(10,3) Fatal: Can't find unit lnet used by pkglnet
Fatal: Compilation aborted

gmake[1]: *** [Makefile:2690: utils_all] Error 2
gmake: *** [Makefile:2895: build-stamp.x86_64-dragonfly] Error 2

fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: FPCNativeInstaller (BuildModuleCustom: FPC): Error running gmake for FPC failed with exit code 512
. Details:

ERROR: Fpcupdeluxe fatal error !

p/s: Even though I can workaround the linker issue, but it will easily messed my system. I don't know if this is the fault of fpcupdeluxe or fpc itself but why fpcupdeluxe always select /usr/libexec/binutils227/ld.gold even if I installed binutils 2.32 (it's on /usr/local/bin/ld) and there is binutils225 on /usr/libexec/binutils225 too? Did you hardcoded the search path? I think you will need to revisit freebsd and it derivatives more seriously. Add more platform specific code and remove all linuxism assumptions, e.g: everything on /usr/bin, it's /usr/local/bin on these OS.

Anyway, thank for your kindness to provide an up-to-date version for dfbsd  :-*

DonAlfredo

« Reply #1479 on: December 07, 2019, 03:12:38 pm »
You are welcome to try a new version for dragonfly:

https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/download/1.6.6a/fpcupdeluxe-x86_64-dragonfly

This one has been cross-compiled from Windows towards the Dragon !

guest64953

« Reply #1480 on: December 07, 2019, 04:24:59 pm »
You are welcome to try a new version for dragonfly:

This time it's really worked and everything was fine so far. Thank you, Don  :)

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #1481 on: December 07, 2019, 08:46:07 pm »
But 1.6.6a yet don't have cross from Linux to DragonFly...

DonAlfredo

« Reply #1482 on: December 08, 2019, 02:02:28 pm »
That was a pre-release.
Newest release (1.6.6a, just now) will allow crossing from Linux.

guest64953

« Reply #1483 on: December 15, 2019, 01:37:37 pm »
That was a pre-release.

I would announce that with the latest version I downloaded from github (1.6.6b pre-release), the pkglnet issue come back again. Fpcupdeluxe broken on DFBSD again  :(

guest64953

« Reply #1484 on: December 15, 2019, 02:38:04 pm »
That was a pre-release.

I would announce that with the latest version I downloaded from github (1.6.6b pre-release), the pkglnet issue come back again. Fpcupdeluxe broken on DFBSD again  :(

Revert back to previous version (1.6.6a) didn't solve the problem. I think upstream changed something make your patches for DFBSD become useless  :(

TinyPortal © 2005-2018