Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 794314 times)

criageek

Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2017, 04:14:02 pm »
It looks like I'm going to get a penalty for premature celebration  :(  On the Pine A64 Lazarus is now unusable.  Here is the sequence of events:

Install Lazarus Trunk via fpcupdeluxe
Start Lazarus...all looks good
Stop Lazarus
In fpcupdeluxe,install the zeos package into Lazarus
Start Lazarus...all looks good
Try to install one of my own packages
Compile fails with this error
    Build IDE: Exit code 512, Errors: 1
    lazarus.pp(160,0) Error: Can't call the assembler, error -1 switching to external assembling
I notice Zeos is no longer on the palette so I try installing that again using fpcupdeluxe
It fails...the bottom of the log is attached below

Any ideas what's happening?  If there are no ideas I'll try wiping it out and starting over.

Thanks,
Rich

Free Pascal Compiler version 3.1.1 [2017/01/14] for aarch64
Copyright (c) 1993-2017 by Florian Klaempfl and others
(1002) Target OS: Linux for AArch64
(3104) Compiling lazarus.pp
(9009) Assembling lazarus
lazarus.pp(160) Error: (9008) Can't call the assembler, error -1 switching to external assembling
lazarus.pp(160) Fatal: (10026) There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
Error: /home/rich/Lazarus/Trunk/fpc/bin/aarch64-linux/ppca64 returned an error exitcode
make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
make[1]: *** [idepkg] Error 2
make: *** [idepkg] Error 2
Makefile:3961: recipe for target 'lazarus' failed
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/rich/Lazarus/Trunk/lazarus/ide'
Makefile:4383: recipe for target 'idepkg' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/rich/Lazarus/Trunk/lazarus/ide'
Makefile:3160: recipe for target 'idepkg' failed
make: Leaving directory '/home/rich/Lazarus/Trunk/lazarus'
Error: (lazarus) Build IDE: stopped with exit code 512
Error: (lazarus) Building IDE: Building IDE failed.

fpcupdeluxe: info: InstallerUniversal: error trying to rebuild Lazarus.
Details:
fpcupdeluxe: info: Error running fpcup. Technical details: error executing sequence zeos; line: 5, param: zeos
fpcupdeluxe: info: Error running fpcup. Technical details: error executing sequence Only; line: 1, param: zeos

DonAlfredo

« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2017, 04:45:55 pm »
Aarch64 is very new/experimental.
So, expect trouble !

Advice to prevent use of bandwidth:
Use setup+ and choose split fpc source and bin.
In case of disaster, you only need to delete the fpc bindir and lazarus config-dir.
No downloads needed in that case for a rebuild !

About your error: no clues at the moment.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #302 on: January 17, 2017, 11:55:20 am »
As promissed, a new version of fpcupdeluxe !
https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/v1.2.0e

You should now be able to build a cross-compiler from Windows towards Darwin i386 and x86_64, carbon and cocoa.
And thus compile your Mac-apps on your Windows PC !
Out-of-the-box (I hope).

Please note: only works with NewPascal !!
Due to: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=31099
Not (yet) included in trunk.
(for trunk: see below for patch)

So:
Use fpcupdeluxe (win32) to install NewPascal.
Build a Darwin cross-compiler for i386 or x86_64.
It will fail, due to missing libs and bins.
Allow fpcupdeluxe to download the libs and bins.
This download (and unpacking) will take some time ... many files.
Cross-compiler will be build.
Use and test (and enjoy) !!

If you want to use trunk and not NewPascal, you can also use trunk and ask fpcupdeluxe to patch trunk with the patch that enables Darwin cross-compiling. Get it here:
https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/blob/master/patchfpc
https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/blob/master/patchfpc/crossdarwin.patch
Tell fpcupdeluxe (win32), before installing trunk, to use this patch in Setup+ .
Install trunk. And, after success, build the Darwin cross-compiler.

As always, reports about success and failure welcome !
 :)

Josh

« Reply #303 on: January 17, 2017, 01:15:12 pm »
Hi DonAlfredo,

I have been having an issue with latest SVN of lazarus and possibly a component; so I thought I would go back to a previous SVN revision that was working ; I am trying to go back to 53528 on OSX; I am using 1.2.0d; but after 10 minutes I get error
Intermediate bootstrap compiler: chmod failed for ............/fpcbootstrap/intermediate_ppc386

Its in stalling on a empty folder.

I thought I would go back to this Revision and intersect up to latest until I can find the REV that the problem started at.

Any ideas?
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #304 on: January 17, 2017, 01:31:31 pm »
@josh
Chmod failure is, in most cases, caused by the fact that the file is not present.
So, is this "intermediate_ppc386" compiler available in the mentioned directory ?
And if so, is it yours (owner).

If the file is present, please send me the whole log (from the screen of fpcupdeluxe).
Only with the log, I can have a better look.

Josh

« Reply #305 on: January 17, 2017, 02:56:30 pm »
Hi

The file does NOT exist; yet I have full right to the folder.
This is the folder lazarus trunk has always been in.

Code: [Select]
Going to install/update FPC and Lazarus with given options.
FPCUP(deluxe) is starting up.

Bootstrap dir:      /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpcbootstrap
FPC URL:               http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/
FPC options:           
FPC source directory:  /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc
FPC install directory: /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc
Lazarus URL:        http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk
Lazarus options:   
Lazarus directory:  /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/lazarus
Please stand back and enjoy !

fpcupdeluxe: info: 17-1-17 13:33:15: fpcup016 (20170113) started.
Executing : unzip "-v" (working dir: )
UnZip 5.52 of 28 February 2005, by Info-ZIP.  Maintained by C. Spieler.  Send
bug reports using http://www.info-zip.org/zip-bug.html; see README for details.

Latest sources and executables are at ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ ;
see ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/UnZip.html for other sites.

Compiled with gcc 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 7.0.0 (clang-700.0.59.1) for Unix on Aug  1 2015.

UnZip special compilation options:
COPYRIGHT_CLEAN (PKZIP 0.9x unreducing method not supported)
SET_DIR_ATTRIB
TIMESTAMP
USE_EF_UT_TIME
USE_UNSHRINK (PKZIP/Zip 1.x unshrinking method supported)
USE_DEFLATE64 (PKZIP 4.x Deflate64(tm) supported)
VMS_TEXT_CONV
[decryption, version 2.9 of 05 May 2000]

UnZip and ZipInfo environment options:
           UNZIP:  [none]
        UNZIPOPT:  [none]
         ZIPINFO:  [none]
      ZIPINFOOPT:  [none]
fpcupdeluxe: info: SVN client found: /usr/bin/svn
Executing : bsdtar "--version" (working dir: )
bsdtar 2.8.3 - libarchive 2.8.3
Executing : make "-v" (working dir: )
GNU Make 3.81
Copyright (C) 2006  Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i386-apple-darwin11.3.0
fpcupdeluxe: WARNING: TFPCInstaller: clean module FPC directory /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc does not exist. Exiting CleanModule.
fpcupdeluxe: info: Checking out/updating FPC sources...
Executing : /usr/bin/svn "info" "/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc" (working dir: )
svn: E155007: '/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc' is not a working copy
fpcupdeluxe: info: INFO: directory /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc is not an SVN repository (or a repository with the wrong remote URL).
fpcupdeluxe: info: INFO: creating directory /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc for SVN checkout.
fpcupdeluxe: info: Running SVN checkout or update.
Executing : /usr/bin/svn "checkout" "--quiet" "--non-interactive" "--trust-server-cert" "-r" "HEAD" "http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/" "/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc" (working dir: )
Executing : /usr/bin/svn "cleanup" "--non-interactive" "/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc" (working dir: )
Executing : /usr/bin/svn "cleanup" "--non-interactive" "--remove-unversioned" "--remove-ignored" "/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc" (working dir: )
svn: invalid option: --remove-unversioned
Type 'svn help' for usage.
Executing : /usr/bin/svn "update" "--quiet" "--non-interactive" "--trust-server-cert" "-r" "HEAD" "/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc" (working dir: )
Path: /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc
Working Copy Root Path: /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc
URL: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk
Repository Root: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc
Repository UUID: 3ad0048d-3df7-0310-abae-a5850022a9f2
Revision: 35318
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: karoly
Last Changed Rev: 35318
Last Changed Date: 2017-01-17 13:41:13 +0000 (Tue, 17 Jan 2017)

fpcupdeluxe: info: FPC was at: failure
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPC is now at: revision 35318
fpcupdeluxe: info: TFPCInstaller: building module FPC...
fpcupdeluxe: info: We have a FPC source (@ /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc) with version: 3.1.1
fpcupdeluxe: info: To compile this FPC, we need (required) a compiler with version : 3.0.2
Executing : /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpcbootstrap/ppcuniversal "-iV" (working dir: )
fpcupdeluxe: info: Looking for a bootstrap compiler from official FPC bootstrap binaries.
fpcupdeluxe: info: Looking for official FPC bootstrapper with version 3.0.2
fpcupdeluxe: info: Looking for (online) bootstrapper i386-darwin-ppc386.tar.bz2
fpcupdeluxe: info: Looking for official FPC bootstrapper with version 3.0.0
fpcupdeluxe: info: Looking for (online) bootstrapper i386-darwin-ppc386.tar.bz2
fpcupdeluxe: info: Found FPC v3.0.0 online bootstrappers: i386-win32-ppc386.zip,x86_64-macosx-10.7-ppcx64.tar.bz2
fpcupdeluxe: info: Looking for official FPC bootstrapper with version 2.6.4
fpcupdeluxe: info: Looking for (online) bootstrapper universal-macosx-10.5-ppcuniversal.tar.bz2
fpcupdeluxe: info: Found FPC v2.6.4 online bootstrappers: i386&powerpc-macosx-10.4-ppcuniversal.tar.bz2,i386-freebsd10-ppc386.bz2,i386-freebsd8-ppc386.bz2,i386-freebsd9-ppc386.bz2,i386-linux-ppc386.bz2,i386-win32-ppc386.zip,universal-macosx-10.5-ppcuniversal.tar.bz2,x86_64-freebsd-ppcx64.bz2,x86_64-freebsd8-ppcx64.bz2,x86_64-freebsd9-ppcx64.bz2,x86_64-win64-ppcrossx64.zip
fpcupdeluxe: info: Got a bootstrap compiler from official FPC bootstrap sources.
Executing : /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpcbootstrap/ppcuniversal "-iV" (working dir: )
fpcupdeluxe: info: Check if we already have a bootstrap compiler with version 2.6.4
fpcupdeluxe: info: No correct bootstrapper. Going to download bootstrapper from ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/2.6.4/bootstrap/universal-macosx-10.5-ppcuniversal.tar.bz2
fpcupdeluxe: info: Native downloader: Getting universal-macosx-10.5-ppcuniversal.tar.bz2 from ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/2.6.4/bootstrap/
Executing : bsdtar "-xf" "/var/folders/b5/8p22lnv924n7nrx6rhc13wdr0000gn/T/TMP00000.tmp" "-C" "/var/folders/b5/8p22lnv924n7nrx6rhc13wdr0000gn/T/" (working dir: )
fpcupdeluxe: WARNING: Going to rename/move ppcuniversal to /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpcbootstrap/ppcuniversal
fpcupdeluxe: info: We need to build an FPC 3.0.0 intermediate compiler.
Executing : make "-v" (working dir: )
GNU Make 3.81
Copyright (C) 2006  Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i386-apple-darwin11.3.0
fpcupdeluxe: info: Checking out/updating sources for intermediate bootstrap compiler.
Executing : /usr/bin/svn "checkout" "--non-interactive" "--quiet" "--depth=files" "http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_3_0_0" "/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc300bootstrap" (working dir: /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc)
Executing : /usr/bin/svn "update" "compiler" "--quiet" "/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc300bootstrap/compiler" (working dir: /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc)
Executing : /usr/bin/svn "update" "rtl" "--quiet" "/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc300bootstrap/rtl" (working dir: /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc)
fpcupdeluxe: info: Checking out/updating FPC 3.0.0 sources for intermediate bootstrap compiler done.
fpcupdeluxe: info: We have a FPC bootstrap source (@ /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc300bootstrap) with version: 3.0.0
fpcupdeluxe: info: To compile this bootstrap FPC, we need (required) a compiler with version : 3.0.0
fpcupdeluxe: info: To compile this bootstrap FPC, we can also (and will) use (required) a compiler with version : 2.6.4
Executing : make "clean" "--jobs=4" "FPC=/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpcbootstrap/ppcuniversal" "--directory=/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc300bootstrap" "OPT=-vi-n-h-" (working dir: /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc300bootstrap)
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make -C compiler distclean
/bin/rm -f ppcrossx64 ppc ppc1 ppc2 ppc3 ./msg2inc pp1.wpo pp2.wpo
/bin/rm -f ppc386 ppc68k ppcx64 ppcppc ppcsparc ppcppc64 ppcarm ppcmips ppcmipsel ppcjvm ppc8086 ppcx64 ppcwpo1 ppcwpo2
/bin/rm -f pp pp.o libppp.a libimppp.a
/bin/rm -rf units
/bin/rm -f *.o *.ppu *.rst *.s *.a *.so *.ppl
/bin/rm -rf *.sl
/bin/rm -f fpcmade.* Package.fpc ./ppas.sh script.res link.res 
/bin/rm -f *_ppas.sh
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make -C utils cleanall
/bin/rm -f fpc ppufiles ppudump ppumove mkarmins mkx86ins fpc.o ppufiles.o ppudump.o ppumove.o mkarmins.o mkx86ins.o libpfpc.a libpppufiles.a libpppudump.a libpppumove.a libpmkarmins.a libpmkx86ins.a libimpfpc.a libimpppufiles.a libimpppudump.a libimpppumove.a libimpmkarmins.a libimpmkx86ins.a
/bin/rm -f units/x86_64-darwin/ppu.ppu units/x86_64-darwin/crc.ppu
/bin/rm -rf units
/bin/rm -f *.o *.ppu *.rst *.s *.a *.so *.ppl
/bin/rm -rf *.sl
/bin/rm -f fpcmade.* Package.fpc ./ppas.sh script.res link.res 
/bin/rm -f *_ppas.sh
/bin/rm -rf i386/units
/bin/rm -f i386/*.o i386/*.ppu i386/*.rst i386/*.s i386/*.a i386/*.so i386/*.ppl
/bin/rm -f i386/ppc386 i386/ppc68k i386/ppcx64 i386/ppcppc i386/ppcsparc i386/ppcppc64 i386/ppcarm i386/ppcmips i386/ppcmipsel i386/ppcjvm i386/ppc8086 i386/ppcx64

/bin/rm -f armeb/*.o armeb/*.ppu armeb/*.rst armeb/*.s armeb/*.a armeb/*.so armeb/*.ppl
/bin/rm -f armeb/ppc386 armeb/ppc68k armeb/ppcx64 armeb/ppcppc armeb/ppcsparc armeb/ppcppc64 armeb/ppcarm armeb/ppcmips armeb/ppcmipsel armeb/ppcjvm armeb/ppc8086 armeb/ppcx64
/bin/rm -rf mipsel/units
/bin/rm -f mipsel/*.o mipsel/*.ppu mipsel/*.rst mipsel/*.s mipsel/*.a mipsel/*.so mipsel/*.ppl
/bin/rm -f mipsel/ppc386 mipsel/ppc68k mipsel/ppcx64 mipsel/ppcppc mipsel/ppcsparc mipsel/ppcppc64 mipsel/ppcarm mipsel/ppcmips mipsel/ppcmipsel mipsel/ppcjvm mipsel/ppc8086 mipsel/ppcx64
/bin/rm -rf mips/units
/bin/rm -f mips/*.o mips/*.ppu mips/*.rst mips/*.s mips/*.a mips/*.so mips/*.ppl
/bin/rm -f mips/ppc386 mips/ppc68k mips/ppcx64 mips/ppcppc mips/ppcsparc mips/ppcppc64 mips/ppcarm mips/ppcmips mips/ppcmipsel mips/ppcjvm mips/ppc8086 mips/ppcx64
/bin/rm -rf avr/units
/bin/rm -f avr/*.o avr/*.ppu avr/*.rst avr/*.s avr/*.a avr/*.so avr/*.ppl
/bin/rm -f avr/ppc386 avr/ppc68k avr/ppcx64 avr/ppcppc avr/ppcsparc avr/ppcppc64 avr/ppcarm avr/ppcmips avr/ppcmipsel avr/ppcjvm avr/ppc8086 avr/ppcx64
/bin/rm -rf jvm/units
/bin/rm -f jvm/*.o jvm/*.ppu jvm/*.rst jvm/*.s jvm/*.a jvm/*.so jvm/*.ppl
/bin/rm -f jvm/ppc386 jvm/ppc68k jvm/ppcx64 jvm/ppcppc jvm/ppcsparc jvm/ppcppc64 jvm/ppcarm jvm/ppcmips jvm/ppcmipsel jvm/ppcjvm jvm/ppc8086 jvm/ppcx64
/bin/rm -rf i8086/units
/bin/rm -f i8086/*.o i8086/*.ppu i8086/*.rst i8086/*.s i8086/*.a i8086/*.so i8086/*.ppl
/bin/rm -f i8086/ppc386 i8086/ppc68k i8086/ppcx64 i8086/ppcppc i8086/ppcsparc i8086/ppcppc64 i8086/ppcarm i8086/ppcmips i8086/ppcmipsel i8086/ppcjvm i8086/ppc8086 i8086/ppcx64
/bin/mkdir -p x86_64/units/x86_64-darwin
/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc300bootstrap/compiler/ppcwpo1 -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fux86_64 -Fusystems -Fu/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc300bootstrap/rtl/units/x86_64-darwin -Fix86_64 -FE. -FUx86_64/units/x86_64-darwin -dRELEASE -vi-n-h- -dx86_64 -dGDB -dBROWSERLOG -Fux86 -Sew -Owdevirtcalls,optvmts -Fw/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc300bootstrap/compiler/pp2.wpo -dx86_64 -dGDB -dBROWSERLOG -Fux86 -Sew pp.pas
/bin/mv -f ./pp ppcx64
/bin/cp -fp ppcx64 ppcwpo2
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make echotime
Start now 13:45:34
fpcupdeluxe: info: Successfully build FPC 3.0.0 intermediate bootstrap compiler.
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: Intermediate bootstrap compiler: chmod failed for /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpcbootstrap/intermediate_ppc386
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPC: running make all install for FPC:
Executing : make "--jobs=4" "FPC=/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpcbootstrap/intermediate_ppc386" "--directory=/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc" "INSTALL_PREFIX=/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc" "INSTALL_BINDIR=/Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc/bin/i386-darwin" "OPT=-Sg -vi-n-h-" "all" "install" (working dir: /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc)
Makefile:135: *** Compiler /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpcbootstrap/intermediate_ppc386 not found.  Stop.

fpcupdeluxe: info: FPC: Error running make failed with exit code 512
. Details:
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: Error running BuildModuleCustom for module FPC
fpcupdeluxe: WARNING: FPC cleanup: could not cleanup /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc/utils/bin
fpcupdeluxe: WARNING: FPC cleanup: could not cleanup /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc/utils/units/i386-darwin
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: FPC cleanup: could not cleanup /Users/josh/lazarus_trunk/fpc/rtl/units/i386-darwin
fpcupdeluxe: info: Error running fpcup. Technical details: error executing sequence fpc; line: 5, param: FPC
fpcupdeluxe: info: Error running fpcup. Technical details: error executing sequence Default; line: 3, param: fpc

ERROR: Fpcupdeluxe failed.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:00:27 pm by josh »
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #306 on: January 17, 2017, 03:27:18 pm »
Ok. Can confirm bug !
Will update fpcupdeluxe shortly !

Josh

« Reply #308 on: January 17, 2017, 05:30:13 pm »
Hi DonALfredo,

Thanks for quick fix; that solved the problem, now on SVN 53964. I can now test other problems.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #309 on: January 18, 2017, 04:06:12 pm »
Again, a new version of fpcupdeluxe (1.2.0g) !
https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases/latest

You should now be able to build a cross-compiler from LINUX towards Darwin i386 and x86_64, carbon and cocoa.
And thus compile your Mac-apps on your Linux PC !
Out-of-the-box (I hope), if you have clang installed !

So:
apt-get install clang.
Use fpcupdeluxe to install FPC/Lazarus.
Build a Darwin cross-compiler for i386 or x86_64.
It will fail, due to missing libs and bins.
Allow fpcupdeluxe to download the libs and bins.
This download (and unpacking) will take some time ... many files.
Cross-compiler will be build.
Use and test (and enjoy) !!

As always, reports about success and failure welcome !
 :)

DonAlfredo

« Reply #310 on: January 19, 2017, 07:47:08 pm »
Fpcupdeluxe 1.2.0h.
On Darwin (i386), you can now build cross-compilers for iphonesim i386 and x86_64, Darwin aarch64 and arm.
And also i386 to x86_64.

See:
http://blog.naver.com/simonsayz
http://www.objectivepascal.com/parser/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:55:45 pm by DonAlfredo »

xaver13

« Reply #311 on: January 31, 2017, 07:17:02 pm »
Hello, I have installed Lazarus Trunk via Fpcupdeluxe on my Windows machine. I used options trunk+trunk. But now I need also to compile to 32bit Windows version. I checked CPU I386 and os Windows and then Install cross compiler in Fpcupdeluxe. The installation failed. What is the cause? Trunk versions are 64bit and are ahead and  32 bit version will follow? What versions should I use to reach possibility to compile both bit and bit apps for Windows?

Thank you very much for help.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:23:24 pm by xaver13 »
--
Jiri Cvrk

DonAlfredo

« Reply #312 on: January 31, 2017, 07:58:32 pm »
The error tells it all: at the moment, you cannot compile from win64 towards win32.
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29892
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=9262

Preferred method:
Use fpcupdeluxe 32bit to install 32bit FPC/Laz on Windows.
Cross-compile towards 64bit is already included in this basic install.
No need to build a separate cross-compiler for win32->win64.

suninyoureye

« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2017, 07:49:35 pm »
Hi DonAlfredo,

I just wanted to say a big thanks and kudos for writing this excellent installation program. I was  getting all kinds of headaches trying to install FP on Debian and your program has solved all my problems.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #314 on: February 01, 2017, 10:01:26 pm »
 :D

TinyPortal © 2005-2018