Forum > Third party

Fpcupdeluxe

<< < (6/494) > >>

lainz:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---ERROR: Broken dependency: bgragames 1.0->BGRABitmapPack4LCL_OpenGL
I need to fix that. Thanks for reporting. Just don't install bgragames.

Edit: It was already fixed on git. Don't use anymore the svn of: BGRABitmap, BGRAControls, BGRAGames, these are outdated! Please use GitHub only from now.

DonAlfredo:
The list of modules is long. The list of FPC versions and Lazarus versions is also long.
More often than not you will encounter errrors with modules (packages) due to non-compatible versions.

Naturally, you should always have the method of removing the packages through Lazarus itself.
This would be easier than installing everything new. (install/uninstall packages)

As a last resort, you can always remove the config_lazarus directory and rebuild all with fpcupdeluxe.
Nothing will be downloaded. The install should be again pristine (I hope).

@lainz : I will update !!

MementoMojito:
@lainz: No problem at all and sorry if it was misleading

@DonAlfredo: Thanks for the hints :) I am a total newb regarding fpcup as it's the very first time I am using it as you could quite obviously notice. However, I will test the trunk and will let you know if you are interested into getting feedbacks for Debian with KDE?

Edit: The compilation just finished it's all good for Trunk.

minesadorada:
This is a great effort!
Everything worked for me except the cross-install from Linux64 -> Linux32 (which is a problem I have with a regular install on my system - Puppy Linux 64-bit)

Some suggestions for the GUI (tested in linux):

The main window title could be 'Lazarus and Freepascal installer and updater'

The buttons [Start fpcup, fpc only ] and [Start regular fpcup] would be better labelled
[Install or update fpc] and [Install or update Lazarus] I think.

For first time use,
1. An information dialog at startup would be handy. The GUI looks overwhelming for a beginner running it for the first time.
2. (Linux) After installing Lazarus, an info dialog showing how to run Lazarus (e.g. location of startlazarus)  or.. Is it possible to make a desktop icon?
2a. or.. Maybe even a button to start Lazarus from your GUI

The scrolling textwindow - does it always need to be shown, or could it be an option?  For a beginner, it's not really useful other than to show that something is happening.
A simple modal dialog showing the action in progress (i.e. Downloading, Copying files, Installing etc) would look better and be just as useful. (I did spot the labels, but a dialog looks more.. GUI-like)

Would it be possible to capture only error messages to a logfile, so that the user could have a better idea of what went wrong?

The group of buttons at the bottom: Could the group panel have the caption 'Install or Update'?

I hope you don't mind me giving unasked-for suggestions!

I am already loving this utility  :)

Once all the bugs are out, the Lazarus team should consider including this on their main page IMO. fpcupdeluxe is a country mile better than their regular installer.  Perhaps it could be offered as the 'Advanced installer and Updater'?

edwinyzh:
Hello Afred,

Very nice tool!

Can you make the font size of the command output memo a little larger? The window title in the attached screensont is the correct font size on my 125% Win 7 system.

More importantly, is it possible to use a proxy? I'm experiencing the
--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---fpclazup: info: DownloadFromSVN: SVN gave error code: 1 network error here in China, where the Internet is sadlly semi-blocked by the GFW (The Great Firewall), which makes the VPN greatly unstable... I might asking too much in this regard, and I'm completely understand and expect the answer would be a "no", I'm just asking :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version