Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 817120 times)

DonAlfredo

Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #2145 on: March 09, 2023, 05:39:20 pm »
Finally a new release of fpcupdeluxe, celebrating Lazarus 2.2.6 !

Many bugfixes, some regressions also I guess, new cross-targets, updated binary tools and libs.
And also many thanks to all users who took the effort of giving feedback on this forum and Github.

https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/v2.2.0o

Enjoy.

totya

« Reply #2146 on: March 09, 2023, 06:38:12 pm »
A very small error, for example, when I update Lazarus, it does not appear in the history tab / Lazarus revision history, only if I exit fpcupdeluxe and start it again. I was surprised that there is never any change in the trunk, but according to them there is, it just doesn't appear here after the update.

FPCUPdeluxe V2.2.0n for x86_64-win64-win32
Running on Win64-10.0.19045
Build with: FPC 3.2.2 on Win11 x86_64

Hi!

Thank you, now the version is displayed immediately, just not correctly, see picture (both fpc & lazarus, last line).

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2147 on: March 09, 2023, 07:05:29 pm »
That's a nice Lazarus commit message ...  :D
Will solve. Thanks.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2148 on: March 10, 2023, 08:58:12 am »
Shameless ...  :D
Screenshot of fpcupdeluxe, cross-compiled from Win11, running on Loongarch64 somewhere far away.
FPC and Lazarus are really very unique in their targets !!

totya

« Reply #2149 on: March 10, 2023, 09:21:32 am »
That's a nice Lazarus commit message ...  :D
Will solve. Thanks.

Thanks you, maybe a quick fix? :)

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2150 on: March 10, 2023, 09:35:56 am »
@totya
The new release changed its handling of GIT hashed. It now tries to extract and store the hashed as used by the FPC and Lazarus developers. However, up uses the 10 character GIT-hash, of which the first 7 are equivalent to the ones used by the commits for FPC and Lazarus on Gitlab.
The Lazarus commit, as seen in your screenshot, is definitely wrong.
Please file a bugger on Github, with as many details as possible, because I have already looked into it and was not able to reproduce.

totya

« Reply #2151 on: March 12, 2023, 10:46:00 am »
Hi, I wrote on github that I don't recommend releasing a new version until I check it. And I was right, the version number display is just as bad in the "p" version. Out of curiosity, I put the "n" version back, it's perfectly fine, the total problem is as much as I indicated earlier, that you have to exit the program and start it again in order to see the version number of the latest update.
Otherwise, the problem may be that you are looking in the wrong place for what is causing the problem, since the version display is perfectly fine in the "n" version, you just have to exit it and then go back.
(translated)

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2152 on: March 12, 2023, 12:56:11 pm »
Please continue this discussion on GitHub, at the issue you have filed about this.
Thanks.

Wallaby

« Reply #2153 on: March 15, 2023, 09:20:05 am »
@PascalDragon
You mentioned a bug preventing this functionality.
Could you point me to its bug-report, or give some details about it ?
Thanks.

I was playing with the trunk compiler on Win64 AArch64 and I think I have found this bug.

As I reported earlier, FpcupDeluxe built for Win64 ARM64 will crash upon startup. This turned to be a compiler optimization bug that was exposed when an application would decode any PNG image, including its icon.

This led me to a reproducible test case that demonstrates the bug in the optimizer. It would be great if this bug gets more attention, so the devs will notice and fix it.

Mathias

« Reply #2154 on: March 15, 2023, 03:20:07 pm »
I was able to create a cross compiler for the Raspi with fpcupdeluxe without any problems.
The most necessary libst were installed nicely under ~/fpcupdeluxe/cross/lib/arm-linux. Now to the question, how can I tell fpcdeluxe to install additional libs?
Eg. libxaw ?
I've already tried copying these libs directly from the Raspi to the Cross folder, but unfortunately that didn't work.
I think this is the same problem as when mounting libs on PC. You usually have to install libxxx-dev with apt-get install.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2155 on: March 15, 2023, 03:35:37 pm »
@Wallaby
Very interesting find ! Looking into this right now.

@Mathias
Your method should work !
If you try to link your program that needs libxaw, the linker(-error) should tell you what is missing. E.g. it will tell you which file is missing.
Copy this file towards your system and recompile.

af0815

« Reply #2156 on: March 15, 2023, 03:55:45 pm »
@Mathias
in addition what DonAlfredo says, some libs depends on other libs. So be aware to copy all needed libs. I have this seen on my windows machine, which is crosscompiling to Linux64 and RasPi (32). I have to pull a lot of libs to the cross enviroment. And i have a extra folder not direct in the fpcupdeluxe used folder for the libs and subdirs for the different systems.  And in Path of the project you must only add the Path to Option Path->"Libraries (-Fl)"

regards
Andreas

Mathias

« Reply #2157 on: March 15, 2023, 07:40:53 pm »
@Mathias
in addition what DonAlfredo says, some libs depends on other libs. So be aware to copy all needed libs. I have this seen on my windows machine, which is crosscompiling to Linux64 and RasPi (32). I have to pull a lot of libs to the cross enviroment. And i have a extra folder not direct in the fpcupdeluxe used folder for the libs and subdirs for the different systems.  And in Path of the project you must only add the Path to Option Path->"Libraries (-Fl)"
Thanks it worked. I guess I didn't get all the files on the first try.
That with (-FI) is a good thing.
I'm translating Xaw ( Athena Widget ) headers. So far with success. Here are my first attempts.
https://github.com/sechshelme/Lazarus-X11-Examples/tree/master/Athena_Widget
I was shocked earlier when it was running on the Raspi 2. As soon as I clicked, the window was already open, although it has a lot of widgets. The application is only 340KB, a GTK2 window 2.3Mb and an empty LCL window even over 6.2MB !
So the Xaw widgets are interesting for lame computers like the Raspi 2. After all, Xaw was already used on 386s.

Okoba

« Reply #2158 on: March 17, 2023, 07:38:15 pm »
Hello,

After a while I wanted to give fpcupdelux another try with macOS and M1.
I got the aarch64 version but it says:
“fpcupdeluxe-aarch64-darwin-cocoa” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin.
the x86_64 version works if you move it to another folder like applications. Great.
I tried to change setup+ to aarch64 and Darwin but the installed version is only for x86_64 based on the bin folder of fpc.
Is there a way I can help with testing M1 to make it work?

DonAlfredo

« Reply #2159 on: March 17, 2023, 07:48:59 pm »
Do:
xattr -c fpcupdeluxe-aarch64-darwin-cocoa.app

TinyPortal © 2005-2018