Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 792681 times)

DonAlfredo

Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2016, 04:44:04 pm »
Fpcupdeluxe is designed as an easy to use GUI frontend for fpcup and fpclazup.
This easy means not all possible options are available to the GUI user.

But I will add your request into the setup+ .
Stay tuned for the next release.

minesadorada

• Retired
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2016, 06:09:04 pm »
Thanks to fpcupdeluxe Lazarus and FPC, and a couple of hours work,  I now can compile with a single click to:
  • Windows 32-bit (win32)
  • Windows 64-bit (win32)
  • Linux 32-bit (gtk2)
  • Linux 64-bit (gtk2)
  • Darwin 32-bit (carbon)
Using the latest Laz 1.7 and fpc 3.11 under Windows 10 64bit.

Many thanks to @DonAlfredo for troubleshooting me through the Darwin cross-compile (which uses CygWin)

If anyone wants to know the steps required I wrote them down whilst fresh in memory (see attachment)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:32:30 pm by minesadorada »
GPL Apps: Health MonitorRetro Ski Run
OnlinePackageManager Components: LazAutoUpdate, LongTimer, PoweredBy, ScrollText, PlaySound, CryptINI

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2016, 09:40:40 pm »
I report it (0.99e) works correctly on Slackware Linux 14.2 (i386) ;)

I do have a few remarks, beginning with one tiny bug: Selecting "stable" for Lazarus fetches 1.6.0, not 1.6.2.

Other stuff is mostly wishlist suggestions. First, I'd like to have a Stop button; there is no way to stop the process once it begins, so in case I notice I've made a mistake, the only way to stop is to close the app... and it isn't so easy here on Linux - I had to terminate it from a task manager...

The other thing... when I had some errors with svn download of Lazarus, the process failed and I had to try again, and I had to wait for fpc to be cleaned and rebuilt all again. When I had several download failures (I had some network problems with the computer), I had to wait for several clean-compile cycles until all Lazarus files were correctly downloaded, so it took quite a while. I'd suggest an option to install/update Lazarus only; possibly with a check for working fpc first, but I don't think it would be an issue because if build fails one could easily start a full install. Another option may be to just download source without building; I solved my problem by manually svn-updating the directory, perhaps this could be made automated from the app.

But, like I said, this is mostly my wishlist... the program is great even as it is. ;) Big thanks!
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

DonAlfredo

« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2016, 10:31:04 pm »
Thanks for the kind words.

And yes, a gracefull exit is also on my wishlist !
Working on it. Its not easy ... long running external processes.

And your other remarks will be on my todo-list.

swierzbicki

« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2016, 11:32:08 am »
Hello DonAlfredo,

I'm here again  O:-)
I still have issue with the WinCE cross compiler.

Right now fpcupdeluxe was able to fetch and compile FPC / Lazarus and cross compiler tools.
My project is now compiling fine under Win32 (only needed for testing purpose) and WinCE.

Some of my feedback. I have noticed some changes starting FPC 1.7. Nothing really hard to solve. For example, some files management procedure have been changed to be more Delphi compatible (that's nice and this was really easy to solve). SQLite headers has been updated. You will need  a recent SQLite dll (not a big deal under win32 but could be a problem under WinCE).

My biggest issue is that WinCE project cannot be executed anymore on my WinCE device (6.53).
Neither of my projects nor an empty form project are running. I'm getting an error message telling me that the application is not a valid Pock PC application !

I've tested this with both "trunk" and "newpascal" versions. All projects were correctly compiled but none of the exe runs under WinCE. Do you perhaps have an idea ?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 02:06:40 pm by swierzbicki »
Lazarus 1.6.2
fpc 3.0.0
wince/win32/win64
delphi berlin

DonAlfredo

« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2016, 06:23:31 pm »
We have reached first official release of fpcupdeluxe : v1.0.0a !!
Many wishlist-items have been implemented.
Some still todo.

Can be found here :
https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/v1.0.0a

As you can see, fpcupdeluxe has been moved towards the NewPascal initiative.
Also all cross-tools and bootstrappers are now available at NewPascal.

The original command line tools (fpcup,fpclazup) will be maintained at their original location.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2016, 06:24:39 pm »
@swierzbicki
As I have no WinCE hardware, I cannot test unfortunately.
If you can point me towards a test-setup, I will be willing to help.

Josh

« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2016, 08:05:59 pm »
@DonAlfredo

Apologies for delay; I have just downloaded version 1 and still get the following errors; i have tried trunk and trunkgit; this worked perfectly previously; so assume it is a trunk issue.

Each installing to a clean folder.

Can someone please check to see if they can complete an install on osx el capitan, I have also tried using fpcuplaz_osx_x86 and this fails also at the same location.

Code: [Select]
/Users/josh/Lazarus_Trunk/lazarus/components/codetools/fileprocs.pas(1354,12) Error: (3026) Wrong number of parameters specified for call to "CompareText"
/Users/josh/Lazarus_Trunk/fpc/units/i386-darwin/univint/MacOSAll.ppu:StringCompare.pas(376,10) Error: (5088) Found declaration: CompareText(Pointer;Pointer;SmallInt;SmallInt;Handle):SmallInt;
/Users/josh/Lazarus_Trunk/lazarus/components/codetools/fileprocs.pas(1565,15) Error: (3026) Wrong number of parameters specified for call to "CompareText"
/Users/josh/Lazarus_Trunk/fpc/units/i386-darwin/univint/MacOSAll.ppu:StringCompare.pas(376,10) Error: (5088) Found declaration: CompareText(Pointer;Pointer;SmallInt;SmallInt;Handle):SmallInt;
fileprocs.pas(2549) Fatal: (10026) There were 4 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
Error: /Users/josh/Lazarus_Trunk/fpc/bin/i386-darwin/ppc386 returned an error exitcode

I have create a bugtracker issue; the reply was
CompareText is in SysUtils. Why does your compiler not find it there?
Please do a clean build of everything. Usually it helps.
This kind of configuration problems should be asked in mailing list or forum actually.

As I have no fpc or lazarus installed; and I remove the non complete folder before I attempt an install, I am a bit stuffed.

So any ideas or things to try; would be appreciated.
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2016, 09:14:02 pm »
This could definitely be a fpcupdeluxe issue. So it needs to be isolated. Therefore, you have to install FPC and Lazarus trunk without it to see if fpcupdeluxe is the culprit.
I have already looked into it, but could not find a solution ... I am not a Darwin-hero.
Your help would be appreciated.

Josh

« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2016, 02:38:14 am »
Hi

I have installed stable and fixes without issue; ( it takes a while as have a slow connection aboout 90 minutes before it fails), using both fpcdeluxe and fpclazup_osx_x86.

There appears to be some changes to sysstrh.inc in latest trunk compared to my latest working version from about 3 weeks ago; to do with comparetext;

@donalfredo ANy chance you could add the links to fpcupdatdeluxe and the fpcup to your signature.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 02:41:38 am by josh »
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2016, 10:50:27 am »
@josh

1:
I have changed my profile.

2:
Newest version of fpcupdeluxe (v1.0.1) allows the setting of the revision for FPC and Lazarus.
I have tested the revision of Lazarus up to 53236 on Darwin. Still ok.

So, you can now do the following to test Lazarus on Darwin:
Install Lazarus trunk with revision 53236.
Change the revision to a higher number and press "install/update" on the main screen
Work your way up until you encounter the error.

edit: rev53275 still ok.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 12:19:31 pm by DonAlfredo »

Josh

« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2016, 12:55:19 pm »
Hi
Adding to your signature totally helps locating the applications. :)

I have downloaded 1.01 but I cannot see the option to specify the revision number.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2016, 01:47:20 pm »
Setup+

DonAlfredo

« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2016, 10:21:32 pm »
Laz rev 53363 ok.

Josh

« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2016, 01:21:47 am »
Hi

Sorry for delay, it takes some time to locate the Revision that fails with a slow connection.
But here is the result
53275 OK
53305 OK
53380 OK
53390 OK
53395 OK
53396 OK
53397 FAIL
53400 FAIL
53465 FAIL

Where do I go from here?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018