Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 794239 times)

DonAlfredo

Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #1230 on: April 25, 2019, 09:07:37 am »
The latest release of fpcupdeluxe will allow you to cross-compile towards Solaris x86_64 on Windows and on Linux x86_64.

Also added is a fpcupdeluxe binary for Solaris x86_64, to run fpcupdeluxe on Solaris itself.

Important note:
The current FPC rtl makefile for Solaris will generate an error when cross-compiling towards Solaris (..\fpcsrc\rtl\solaris\Makefile).

You have to replace
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. ifneq ($(findstring $(ARCH),x86_64 i386),)
  2. cpu$(PPUEXT) : $(PROCINC)/cpu.pp $(SYSTEMUNIT)$(PPUEXT) sysutils$(PPUEXT)
  3. else
  4. cpu$(PPUEXT) : $(PROCINC)/cpu.pp $(SYSTEMUNIT)$(PPUEXT)
  5. endif
with
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. ifneq ($(findstring $(ARCH),x86_64 i386),)
  2. cpu$(PPUEXT) : $(PROCINC)/cpu.pp $(SYSTEMUNIT)$(PPUEXT) sysutils$(PPUEXT) objpas$(PPUEXT)
  3.         $(COMPILER) $(PROCINC)/cpu.pp
  4. else
  5. cpu$(PPUEXT) : $(PROCINC)/cpu.pp $(SYSTEMUNIT)$(PPUEXT) objpas$(PPUEXT)
  6.         $(COMPILER) $(PROCINC)/cpu.pp
  7. endif
Please file a FPC bug-report if the above is correct

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #1231 on: April 25, 2019, 11:28:53 am »
Tested: from Linux x64 installed Solaris cross, all works ok.

(I didn't touch makefiles at all)

DonAlfredo

« Reply #1232 on: April 25, 2019, 11:57:02 am »
 :D

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #1233 on: April 25, 2019, 09:51:42 pm »
Solaris on Linux x64 host:
with new fpcupdeluxe build, FPC and Lazarus both install and work.
I could compile Laz examples project "toolbar and coolbar test".

kevin.black

« Reply #1234 on: April 29, 2019, 12:36:19 am »
MacOS Mojave
FPCUpDeluxe Fixes / Fixes (2.1.0 / 3.2.0)

Keep getting a 'Configure Lazarus IDE' and have spent some time pointing the Dialog to where fppkg.cfg is actually located for this installation, but it is not recognised no matter what I do.

There is an option to 'Start IDE' and that seems to work fine, but the dialog at startup is annoying. I have reinstalled from scratch (deleted the old folder) fixes / fixes and still get the same error.

If I try to generate a new FPPKG.CFG file, I point to the Darwin compiler , BUT I get a warning that says the FPC Configuration tool is probably too old for this version, ie. I cannot generate a new file either (see second image).

Is there a dooh! fix, that I have stupidly missed or is it a bit more insidious?

Thanks
Kevin
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 12:43:00 am by kevin.black »

DonAlfredo

« Reply #1235 on: April 29, 2019, 06:21:29 am »
@kevin.black
I am familiar with this problem.
And I am (at the moment) not able to solve it for you.
Its a changing Lazarus feature. Still to be fine-tuned apparently.

I have asked on the mailing list for a customize-able package location, but to no avail (yet).

kevin.black

« Reply #1236 on: April 30, 2019, 01:29:16 am »
@DonAlfredo,

Thanks for the heads-up. Couple of additional questions then, if you don't mind:
  • Is there any downside in simply accepting the error and clicking 'Start IDE", because if there isn't I can live with that for the time being?
  • Since I am trying to use fixes / fixes because of a known issue with 2.0.0RC3 (I I cannot even remember what it was, but was advised on the forum to go fixes / fixes) is there perhaps another combination of say Laz 2.1.0 and FPC Fixes 3.2.0 that may? not exhibit this behaviour?
  • I'm happy to give that a go if it is a way forward
Thanks for your assistance.

Kevin

DonAlfredo

« Reply #1237 on: April 30, 2019, 08:37:43 am »
1: No downsides yet AFAIK.
2: Fixes/fixes is a very good choice ! I use trunk/trunk with also very good results.
3:  :D

kevin.black

« Reply #1238 on: May 01, 2019, 12:45:46 am »
@DonAlfredo,

Many thanks for your advice. I've avoided Trunk/Trunk because it was a bit more bleeding edge, but I will do an install anyway and give it a whirl.

Having said that, I will also persevere with Fixes / Fixes since there is no downside with simply clicking 'start IDE' and it appears to run just fine.

EDIT:

Installed Trunk(2.1.0) / Trunk(3.3.1) and still get the annoying screen, BUT if I attempt to enter data (as in Browse for FPC.CFG, I get an access violation, see image attached. The same happens if I try to rebuild the CFG file. Every click spawns another AV until the application dies.

If I do not try to Browse for or to find the CFG file (if I try at all to do anything with the CFG file the application aborts when I click 'Start IDE)', and just press 'Start IDE', the IDE does indeed start.

Thanks again for your advice....

Regards,
Kevin
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 02:04:37 am by kevin.black »

giahung1997

« Reply #1239 on: May 01, 2019, 08:02:06 am »
I checked github our fpcupdeluxe now supports both freebsd and openbsd. Thank you very much  :D

As some other member pointed me to the dports entry of Lazarus on DragonflyBSD (it's already there) I'm very happy if someday I could see fpcupdeluxe for DragonflyBSD (the easier) and even more if Netbsd supported too (the harder, only occasionally build of fpc for it made by a member and he target very old Netbsd 5, Laz not yet there).  But I don't expect too much about the later  :D

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #1241 on: May 04, 2019, 11:04:55 am »
Better name it "-dragonflybsd" with "bsd", pls.

giahung1997

« Reply #1242 on: May 06, 2019, 04:23:37 am »
Free Pascal 3.0.4 for NetBSD: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,44250.msg310997.html#msg310997

Note: NetBSD 5 is long EOL, we should target NetBSD 8.

Some one could try gmake bigide to see if Laz build there. I can't use NetBSD on my PC because my usb wifi only work with Windows and virtual machine a no go because it lacks VMX supports   :D

DonAlfredo

« Reply #1243 on: May 11, 2019, 09:26:50 am »
I have added a NetBSD x86_64 binary of fpcupdeluxe.

https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/download/1.6.2u/fpcupdeluxe-x86_64-netbsd

It has been made by cross-compiling from Windows towards NetBSD.
Its just a proof of concept.
Due to the fact that it runs 100%, but does not work ... ;-)

Fpcupdeluxe makes extensive use of TProcess.
And TProcess (trunk) fails to function correct on NetBSD (on my VM-system at least [NetBSD 8, with Mate]).

pvn1

« Reply #1244 on: May 11, 2019, 03:29:17 pm »
I have added a NetBSD x86_64 binary of fpcupdeluxe.

https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases/download/1.6.2u/fpcupdeluxe-x86_64-netbsd

It has been made by cross-compiling from Windows towards NetBSD.
Its just a proof of concept.
Due to the fact that it runs 100%, but does not work ... ;-)

Fpcupdeluxe makes extensive use of TProcess.
And TProcess (trunk) fails to function correct on NetBSD (on my VM-system at least [NetBSD 8, with Mate]).

Have you considered adding cross compilation / package support for distros using musl standard library instead of glibc? (such as Alpine Linux)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018