Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 834813 times)

af0815

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #2295 on: March 15, 2023, 02:33:27 pm »
@af0815
What is the Problem, i see actual the size in OPM. Or is the Repository filesize not the wanted one ?
Yes, but in order to see it, you have to expand the node. I believe @BSaidus wants to see the file size, in a place where is more visible, like a separate column or something similar.
If i want a package, i search first for the wanted functionallyty and then i can decide if the packages need my internet budget. And realy, how oft will this be done ? The information is visible, but not on the first level, ok. The next is to have a calculator for all selected packages, because build a sum about the wanted packages is the next, because write down the values and calculate the size is nobody done - so step by step it will grow.

Your decision, OPM is full is good and IMHO correct (more will not be good). And all the Information is in the JSON, so everybody can write a tool to do it by himself to calculate the data.
regards
Andreas

BSaidus

• lazarus 1.8.4 Win8.1 / cross FreeBSD
« Reply #2296 on: March 16, 2023, 10:05:36 am »
@af0815
What is the Problem, i see actual the size in OPM. Or is the Repository filesize not the wanted one ?
Yes, but in order to see it, you have to expand the node. I believe @BSaidus wants to see the file size, in a place where is more visible, like a separate column or something similar.
If i want a package, i search first for the wanted functionallyty and then i can decide if the packages need my internet budget. And realy, how oft will this be done ? The information is visible, but not on the first level, ok. The next is to have a calculator for all selected packages, because build a sum about the wanted packages is the next, because write down the values and calculate the size is nobody done - so step by step it will grow.

Your decision, OPM is full is good and IMHO correct (more will not be good). And all the Information is in the JSON, so everybody can write a tool to do it by himself to calculate the data.

OK, As you like.

lazarus 1.8.4 Win8.1 / cross FreeBSD
dhukmucmur vernadh!

Guva

« Reply #2297 on: March 21, 2023, 06:16:43 pm »
Hi GetMem. Please update to Ray4Laz.
Since I released the new version !!!

https://github.com/GuvaCode/Ray4Laz/archive/refs/tags/4.5.zip
Json : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GuvaCode/GuvaCode/main/update_Ray4Laz.json

thank you in advance  ;)

balazsszekely

« Reply #2298 on: March 21, 2023, 06:27:17 pm »
Hi GetMem. Please update to Ray4Laz.
Since I released the new version !!!

https://github.com/GuvaCode/Ray4Laz/archive/refs/tags/4.5.zip
Json : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GuvaCode/GuvaCode/main/update_Ray4Laz.json                 

thank you in advance  ;)
Done. Thanks for the new version!

Jurassic Pork

« Reply #2299 on: March 27, 2023, 07:07:31 am »
Hello Getmem,
i try to use the lnet  package project example visual/tcpudp/testnet with lazarus 2.2.4  64 bits on Windows 11 but when i try to load the project i have a big crash ( properties in the lfm doesn't match with one of the visual component). I have uninstalled the lnet package from onlinepackager and i have try to load the last source files from the lnet almindor github site. When i try to install the lnetvisual package i have this strange error :
opensslsockets.pp(81,12) Fatal: Can't find unit opensslsockets used by opkman_downloader
Friendly, J.P
Jurassic computer : Sinclair ZX81 - Zilog Z80A à 3,25 MHz - RAM 1 Ko - ROM 8 Ko

balazsszekely

« Reply #2300 on: March 27, 2023, 07:21:32 am »
Hi Jurassic Pork,

I think this is related to:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,61688.msg464839.html#msg464839
Lnet provides its own version of openssl, which is just a copy of some old synapse unit. Since FPC also has a version of synapse and implicitly openssl.pas, the system(LazarusIDE) got confused.
The solution is to delete the openssl units shipped with lnet, it's already in FPC.

Jurassic Pork

« Reply #2301 on: March 27, 2023, 07:32:48 am »
Ok, thanks GetMem, when i remove the openssl.pas from lnet files now i can install the lnetvisual package but i have always the big crash when i load the testnet project. I think that someThing is wrong in this project example.

balazsszekely

« Reply #2302 on: March 27, 2023, 07:40:11 am »
Ok, thanks GetMem, when i remove the openssl.pas from lnet files now i can install the lnetvisual package but i have always the big crash when i load the testnet project. I think that someThing is wrong in this project example.
You're more then welcome! Unfortunately I know nothing about lnet, perhaps you should contact the package developer?

Jurassic Pork

« Reply #2303 on: March 27, 2023, 07:59:12 am »
 ::) I have found how to do  so that the project testnet works :
1 - in the main.lfm replace the line
Method = msSslTLS
with this :
Method = msTLS
and in the file main.pas comments these lines :
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.     if FNet.SocketNet = LAF_INET6 then
  2.       raise Exception.create('Unable to broadcast with UDPv6');    
-->
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. //    if FNet.SocketNet = LAF_INET6 then
  2. //      raise Exception.create('Unable to broadcast with UDPv6');    

may be there is another solution.

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

• Professional amateur ;-P
« Reply #2304 on: May 21, 2023, 06:05:08 pm »
Hey GetMem,

For the past 3 days I've been pulling my hairs out because I thought the space in the VirstualTreeView V5 's PackageBaseDir JSON field was messing with the setup-lazarus operation under the GitHub action runners.

I did a bunch of attempts at escaping the space and was always frustrated by the resulting error: File not found.

Finally I decided to ls -alf <unziped folder> and as you can see in the image, there is no VirtualTreeView V5 folder, just the content of the zip in the unzipped folder.

Can I ask you to either blank the PackageBaseDir on the JSON, or redo the zip file so that it includes the VirtualTreeView V5 folder that then contains the code?

Many thanks in advance!!

Cheers,
Gus

P.S.: I haven't quitted on the new site for the OPM packages. Like I said many times in my disclaimer, my mental health has been messing with me and I'm kinda just now resuming coding :)
I have some backlog, so I can't really offer a date to resume, sorry!!
Lazarus 3.99(main) FPC 3.3.1(main) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
Lazarus 3.0.0(stable) FPC 3.2.2(stable) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
http://github.com/gcarreno

balazsszekely

« Reply #2305 on: May 21, 2023, 10:14:45 pm »
@Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno
Can I ask you to either blank the PackageBaseDir on the JSON, or redo the zip file so that it includes the VirtualTreeView V5 folder that then contains the code?
Done. Please try again.

P.S.: I haven't quitted on the new site for the OPM packages. Like I said many times in my disclaimer, my mental health has been messing with me and I'm kinda just now resuming coding :) I have some backlog, so I can't really offer a date to resume, sorry!!
No problem.

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

• Professional amateur ;-P
« Reply #2306 on: May 23, 2023, 03:45:36 am »
Hey GetMem,

@Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno
Done. Please try again.

Just out of curiosity, which above mentioned action did you perform?

P.S.: I haven't quitted on the new site for the OPM packages. Like I said many times in my disclaimer, my mental health has been messing with me and I'm kinda just now resuming coding :) I have some backlog, so I can't really offer a date to resume, sorry!!
No problem.

Thanks for the understanding, really appreciate it!!

Cheers,
Gus
Lazarus 3.99(main) FPC 3.3.1(main) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
Lazarus 3.0.0(stable) FPC 3.2.2(stable) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
http://github.com/gcarreno

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #2307 on: May 27, 2023, 08:43:06 am »
Hi folks.

There is a new version of BGRABitmap (11.5.4) and a new version BGRAControls (7.7) that depends on it. This is necessary have this dependency due to new definition of operator ** for scalar product of vectors.

Have a nice day  :)
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

balazsszekely

« Reply #2308 on: May 28, 2023, 03:54:17 pm »
Hi circular,

I updated both BGRABitmap and BGRAControls in OPM. Thanks for the new version.

d.ioannidis

• Nephelae
« Reply #2309 on: June 05, 2023, 12:16:19 pm »
Hi,

hidapi new version v0.4.1 ( https://github.com/dioannidis/HIDAPI.pas ) .

Fix HidApiLibraryHandle from THandle to TLibHandle, reformat target OS IFDEF and add FresBSD .

You can always download the release zip from from https://github.com/dioannidis/HIDAPI.pas/releases/tag/v0.4.1 page.

regards,

TinyPortal © 2005-2018