Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 835955 times)

balazsszekely

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #2025 on: July 12, 2021, 04:45:14 pm »
Hi Jan,

I updated Zeos. Thanks for the new version.

marsupilami79

« Reply #2026 on: July 14, 2021, 11:01:37 pm »
Hello GetMem,

I had to do another release because Zoes 7.2.12 didn't cpompile with FPC 3.2.2 for Windows 64 Bits. Could you please update OPM again?

Best regards and thank you,

Jan
Zeos developer

balazsszekely

« Reply #2027 on: July 18, 2021, 06:54:59 pm »
Hello GetMem,

I had to do another release because Zoes 7.2.12 didn't cpompile with FPC 3.2.2 for Windows 64 Bits. Could you please update OPM again?

Best regards and thank you,

Jan
Sorry for the late response, I updated Zeos. Thank you!

kito

« Reply #2028 on: July 18, 2021, 09:53:41 pm »
Quote from: GetMem link=topic=34297.msg412418#msg412418
Can you update ibx too?   :)  because it doesn't compile with neither FPC 3.2. * nor  FPC 3.3.*,  or I'll be grateful if you  tell me where I should report this issue. Thanks
We can barely feel your presence, because of the depth of your silence

balazsszekely

« Reply #2029 on: July 18, 2021, 10:12:00 pm »
Quote from: GetMem link=topic=34297.msg412418#msg412418
Can you update ibx too?   :)  because it doesn't compile with neither FPC 3.2. * nor  FPC 3.3.*,  or I'll be grateful if you  tell me where I should report this issue. Thanks
Please try here: https://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/contact-us .

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

• Professional amateur ;-P
« Reply #2030 on: July 28, 2021, 06:08:12 pm »
Hey GetMem,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but could you provide me with a link to instructions on how to set up a GitHub repository so you can then accept a package?

I'm trying to convince Terry Lao to put his PascalContainer up on OPM, but I've never suggested an entry and I don't know the initial procedure.

Many thanks in advance!!

Cheers,
Gus
Lazarus 3.99(main) FPC 3.3.1(main) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
Lazarus 3.0.0(stable) FPC 3.2.2(stable) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
http://github.com/gcarreno

balazsszekely

« Reply #2031 on: July 28, 2021, 06:47:11 pm »
Hi Gus,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
This is the right place. :)

Could you provide me with a link to instructions on how to set up a GitHub repository so you can then accept a package?
Unfortunately trunk/main versions may contain bugs and the bug tracker will be flooded with issues about third party packages. Actually this already happened in the past, so it was decided(not by me), that OPM should only target stable version of a particular package. There are a few exception though, like Indy, where the release cycle is slow. With that said, if you or the author of PascalContainer consider that the package is stable, I can add it to OPM. The process is really simple, just let me know in this thread, I will do the rest.   

Many thanks in advance!!
You're welcome!

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
« Reply #2032 on: July 28, 2021, 06:57:59 pm »
it was decided(not by me), that OPM should only target stable version of a particular package. There are a few exception though, like Indy, where the release cycle is slow.

FWIW, I have been considering for awhile to update Indy to use GitHub Releases for more stable packages/versioning.  I just haven't gotten around to setting it up yet.
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software - Owner, Developer
Internet Direct (Indy) - Admin, Developer (Support forum)

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

« Reply #2033 on: July 28, 2021, 07:52:39 pm »
Hey GetMem,

This is the right place. :)

Ufff, that's a relief ;) !!

Unfortunately trunk/main versions may contain bugs and the bug tracker will be flooded with issues about third party packages. Actually this already happened in the past, so it was decided(not by me), that OPM should only target stable version of a particular package. There are a few exception though, like Indy, where the release cycle is slow. With that said, if you or the author of PascalContainer consider that the package is stable, I can add it to OPM. The process is really simple, just let me know in this thread, I will do the rest.   

That makes absolute sense. Having a stable release to base it on makes sense.
I think the main issue is with the fact that not every one uses master/main as the repository's stable branch :(
We need to make people use the Release tools more often. On GitHub they are rather amazing. And maybe I'm biased since I only use GitHub and not GitLab ;)

According to the answer to this issue, Terry isn't ready yet to get it on OPM. He needs to sort out Iterator for his generics implementation, so I guess I'll bug you here when that happens.

I'll try and make sure that he creates a tag and a release on GitHub. That would be preferable than just a commit hash, right?

As usual, it's always a pleasure to interact with you, many thanks for that!!

Cheers,
Gus

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

« Reply #2034 on: July 28, 2021, 07:56:12 pm »
Hey Remy,

FWIW, I have been considering for awhile to update Indy to use GitHub Releases for more stable packages/versioning.  I just haven't gotten around to setting it up yet.

When you say set it up, apart from:
Code: Bash  [Select][+][-]
  1. $ git tag -a v1.0 -m "Indy10 v1.0"
  2. $ git push --tags

And then going to GitHub to edit the new release, what do you mean?

Do you mean to automate it via the GitHub actions?

Cheers,
Gus

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
« Reply #2035 on: July 28, 2021, 09:34:13 pm »
When you say set it up, apart from:
Code: Bash  [Select][+][-]
  1. $ git tag -a v1.0 -m "Indy10 v1.0"
  2. $ git push --tags

And then going to GitHub to edit the new release, what do you mean?

Do you mean to automate it via the GitHub actions?

It is not just about tagging the code.  Ever since Indy moved to GitHub, its version numbering has been broken. OPM is currently using its own version number to compensate for that.  So Indy needs to get back to a stable versioning scheme across OPM, GitHub, Delphi IDE releases, etc so everyone is on the same page again.

And then it is also a matter of applying that versioning scheme to Indy's IdVers.inc source file, and all of its .rc/.res resource files.

Going forward in the future, once a new versioning scheme is settled on, I can obviously make sure the source files have the latest version number when checked in to main/trunk, and then tag and release using a corresponding version number.

I already have an open ticket for this task, I just haven't gotten around to implementing it yet.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 09:38:14 pm by Remy Lebeau »
Remy Lebeau

balazsszekely

« Reply #2036 on: July 28, 2021, 09:46:49 pm »
@Remy Lebeau
OPM is currently using its own version number to compensate for that.
I'm using the git-svn feature of github to get a version number. I don't know though how useful is for users. The current version is 4056.

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
« Reply #2037 on: July 29, 2021, 07:22:50 pm »
I'm using the git-svn feature of github to get a version number. I don't know though how useful is for users. The current version is 4056.

Better than nothing!
Remy Lebeau

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

« Reply #2038 on: July 31, 2021, 10:56:28 am »
Hi there,

With the transition of Lazarus and FPC to GIT in conjunction with Don Alfredo's release of fpcupdeluxe 2.0.0a I've been trying to get a folder that I can use in the future with trunk.
Side note: I guess we can't keep calling it trunk any more. Should we start calling it HEAD instead?
I thought I would copy my old config_lazarus into the new folder and that would make all the hassle of re-installing everything from scratch go away. For some reason, the make script has an issue with something inside that, very old, folder and does want to compile Lazarus.

So I had to start from scratch and with that came the realization that ZEOSLib still has the issue with the missing 6 Enuns for field types.
I've sorted this out in the past, and I now forget how, but I was under the impression that due to the issue being so old, I guess it was months ago, it would already be solved.

On the realization that it's not, I come to this thread to appeal to both GetMem and the maintainer of ZEOSLIb(GitHub says it's marsupilamy97) to please strike an agreement on which version is good enough to be served on OPM that, AT LEAST, resolves the issue of the 6 missing Enuns.

Many thanks in advance to both!!

Cheers,
Gus

balazsszekely

« Reply #2039 on: July 31, 2021, 04:04:19 pm »
Hi Gus,

ZEOSLib is an actively maintained package, so I'm not the one who decides which version goes into OPM. IIRC ZEOS has a dedicated forum, perhaps you can ask for a bugfix there. I will gladly update the package once a new version is released.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018