Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 834851 times)

jujibo

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #1995 on: May 09, 2021, 07:28:24 pm »
Hi GetMem

There is a new version of jujiboutils package.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/Jujiboutils/jujiboutils-2.4.zip/download

Would you be so kind to update it?

Thanks.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1996 on: May 10, 2021, 07:21:48 am »
Hi jujibo,

I updated the package. Thanks for the new version.

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #1997 on: May 17, 2021, 12:47:48 pm »
An issue with the main dlg and floating tooltip.
Ubuntu x64 20.4.
Tooltip (short package info) is showing but __gets the focus__. So title of main dlg is becoming pale.
Pls make this tooltip not getting focus. Better set to tooltip window style csNoFocus and StayOnTop style.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1998 on: May 19, 2021, 08:19:10 am »
An issue with the main dlg and floating tooltip.
Ubuntu x64 20.4.
Tooltip (short package info) is showing but __gets the focus__. So title of main dlg is becoming pale.
Pls make this tooltip not getting focus. Better set to tooltip window style csNoFocus and StayOnTop style.
Sometimes, when the description/license text is too long, you have to scroll down to read the entire text so the tooltip window must receive focus. If you really want, we can add another checkbox in the options. If checked the hint windows does not receive focus, but to be honest, I don't think it's worth the effort.

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
« Reply #1999 on: May 21, 2021, 04:08:35 am »
@GetMem, can you update Indy, please?  There have been 18 checkins to Indy's GitHub repository since the last time Indy was updated in OPM.

I realize this has been a manual process for you so far.  So I'm considering setting up GitHub Releases for future Indy releases.

It looks like the .zip file currently in OPM is just a copy of Indy's /Lib source folder renamed to /Indy10 and pruned a little.  For a seamless transition, I would have to replicate that same .zip structure, correct?  I could setup new releases in GitHub with that .zip structure, but that would require making a new branch of the repository for each release, and the root folder would be /Lib, unless I rename it to /Indy10 in each branch (now, I'm starting to wonder if most of what is currently in Indy's repository is not actually needed by end users and should be moved to a separate repository just for Indy's team members).

If the JSON file used by OPM is updated to point at these GitHub releases for downloads, would that different base folder name cause issues when Lazarus users try to update their existing Indy installations?  Otherwise, worst case, I suppose I could just create new .zip files manually and attach them to each GitHub release, rather than (or addition to) linking each release to the repository code.
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software - Owner, Developer
Internet Direct (Indy) - Admin, Developer (Support forum)

balazsszekely

« Reply #2000 on: May 21, 2021, 10:21:27 am »
@GetMem, can you update Indy, please?  There have been 18 checkins to Indy's GitHub repository since the last time Indy was updated in OPM.
I updated Indy. Thanks for the new version!

I realize this has been a manual process for you so far.  So I'm considering setting up GitHub Releases for future Indy releases.
It looks like the .zip file currently in OPM is just a copy of Indy's /Lib source folder renamed to /Indy10 and pruned a little.  For a seamless transition, I would have to replicate that same .zip structure, correct?  I could setup new releases in GitHub with that .zip structure, but that would require making a new branch of the repository for each release, and the root folder would be /Lib, unless I rename it to /Indy10 in each branch
Hopefully in the near future we will create a platform, where each package maintainer can update their packages. The process already started, but is painfully slow. Until then I prefer to update the packages manually. It's really simple and it only takes couple of minutes:
1. SVN update
2. Copy files
3. Change lpk to match build number with revision number(as in the attached screenshot)
4. Zip then upload to https://packages.lazarus-ide.org/

In my opinion creating a new branch on GitHub it's not worth it. Instead can you please post a message here when it's time to update? I will try update the package in 24 hours, except perhaps in weekends.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 10:30:00 am by GetMem »

cappe

« Reply #2001 on: May 21, 2021, 10:48:38 am »

It looks like the .zip file currently in OPM is just a copy of Indy's /Lib source folder renamed to /Indy10 and pruned a little.  For a seamless transition, I would have to replicate that same .zip structure, correct?  I could setup new releases in GitHub with that .zip structure, but that would require making a new branch of the repository for each release, and the root folder would be /Lib, unless I rename it to /Indy10 in each branch (now, I'm starting to wonder if most of what is currently in Indy's repository is not actually needed by end users and should be moved to a separate repository just for Indy's team members).

If the JSON file used by OPM is updated to point at these GitHub releases for downloads, would that different base folder name cause issues when Lazarus users try to update their existing Indy installations?  Otherwise, worst case, I suppose I could just create new .zip files manually and attach them to each GitHub release, rather than (or addition to) linking each release to the repository code.

thanks for the new version of indy. Without indy I would not have been able to make my future software (I am a little programmer with two dogs).

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
« Reply #2002 on: May 21, 2021, 06:11:35 pm »
Hopefully in the near future we will create a platform, where each package maintainer can update their packages.

Cool!

Until then I prefer to update the packages manually.
Instead can you please post a message here when it's time to update? I will try update the package in 24 hours, except perhaps in weekends.

Fair enough.
Remy Lebeau

Guva

« Reply #2003 on: May 30, 2021, 09:46:15 am »
Hello GetMem !!! update please Ray4Laz

https://github.com/GuvaCode/Ray4Laz
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 09:49:14 am by indigo80 »

balazsszekely

« Reply #2004 on: May 31, 2021, 07:25:42 am »
Hi indigo80,

Hello GetMem !!! update please Ray4Laz
Done. Thanks for the new version.

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #2005 on: May 31, 2021, 03:12:22 pm »
Hi GetMem, how are you doing?

Can you update BGRAControls, it's a small fixes release.

Thanks!!  :)

balazsszekely

« Reply #2006 on: June 02, 2021, 01:23:24 pm »
Hi lainz,

Sorry for the late response. I updated BGRAControls, thanks for the new version.

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #2007 on: June 03, 2021, 01:48:42 am »
Thankyou GetMem  :)

Have a nice day.

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
« Reply #2008 on: June 08, 2021, 10:38:01 pm »
I just posted a minor update to Indy, please update OPM.
Remy Lebeau

balazsszekely

« Reply #2009 on: June 09, 2021, 06:25:12 am »
@Remy Lebeau
I just posted a minor update to Indy, please update OPM.
Done. Thanks for the new version.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018