Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 836019 times)

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #1575 on: April 13, 2019, 06:50:04 pm »
In that case use them from Synapse trunk, plz, not the 2012 version: that is useless.
Specialize a type, not a var.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #1576 on: April 13, 2019, 09:16:59 pm »
In that case use them from Synapse trunk, plz, not the 2012 version: that is useless.
Some time ago there were 2 versions of Synapse in OPM. Official and trunk. In case of Synapse, we came to an agreement that Synapse trunk is preferred, and that there should not be 2 versions to avoid confusion and compilation issues. So trunk was used, but official Synapse lpk did not include SSL files, so these files could not be found when needed. GetMem fixed this once, but after updating Synapse with latest trunk this needs to be fixed again.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:19:00 pm by avra »
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

balazsszekely

« Reply #1577 on: April 15, 2019, 06:37:06 am »
Hi all,

Sorry for the late response, I was away for a few days.

@Michael
The licence is the Mozilla Public Licence
On Ubuntu Linux i can compile it without errors but i have to install some packages
On Windows it compiles without errors.
I added GLScene to OPM. Thank you.

@avra
Could you please update laz_synapse package by adding ssl_openssl.pas and ssl_openssl_lib.pas to the package?
Done. Thanks for the feedback.

mdbs99

• Software Engineer. Husband. Trader.
    • website
« Reply #1578 on: April 15, 2019, 04:45:37 pm »
Hello,
In a few days I would like to publish 2 projects in OPM, if it's possible.
However, I have some questions:
- is it possible publish a code without a package?
- can I use a dependency that do not exists in OPM, for example, mORMot?

The projects that I'm talking about, working on Lazarus and Delphi from 7 to lastest, are:
- James
- Xavier

James is a dependency for Xavier.

best regards,

balazsszekely

« Reply #1579 on: April 15, 2019, 07:56:12 pm »
Hi mdbs99,

Unfortunately you cannot publish code without a package file(lpk). The whole concept of OPM is based on packages, a large part of the information you see in the package tree is extracted from the lpk files. More over OPM compiles, builds the packages using the lpk files.
Looking back, I think it was a mistake from my part, source code without lpk files should also be allowed, but I cannot change that now.

regards

wp

« Reply #1580 on: April 15, 2019, 08:01:40 pm »
mdbs99, what is the problem of putting the files into a runtime package? With a package you could also change the installation note on the james site ("your project must include these paths") to the more Lazarus-conformal instruction of "add the package to the project requirements".
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 08:04:34 pm by wp »

mdbs99

• website
« Reply #1581 on: April 15, 2019, 08:32:59 pm »
@wp
You're right. But, as it still on developing, is better do not have a package... it's simple, at least for now. Remember that I need to maintain 2 packages (Lazarus and Delphi) or even N packages (one for each version of Delphi, but not sure if I really need to do that).

So, in a future I might add the runtime package.

wp

« Reply #1582 on: April 15, 2019, 08:38:57 pm »
I would say that if your units are not ready for being put into a package then they are not ready for being distributed by OPM.

mdbs99

• website
« Reply #1583 on: April 15, 2019, 08:58:25 pm »
@GetMem

I didn't see your message before... I will add a package for my projects, but what about mORMot dependency? It doesn't exist on OPM and even if we want to add, it doesn't have a package at all.
You need to compile the project first?
Maybe do you use some auto-build-test? If so, it won't compile without mORMot and its paths...

@wp

I would say that if your units are not ready for being put into a package then they are not ready for being distributed by OPM.
That was the reason that I said "In a few days I would like to publish...".

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
« Reply #1584 on: April 15, 2019, 11:08:47 pm »
Looking back, I think it was a mistake from my part, source code without lpk files should also be allowed, but I cannot change that now.

Can you elaborate on this part, @GetMem ?
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

lucamar

« Reply #1585 on: April 16, 2019, 01:30:32 am »
Hi mdbs99,

Why a mistake? Source code without a package doesn't need installation. If anything, all that is required is to add the directory where it resides to the search path, which can be done either globally for all projects or on a per project basis.

You can't make OPM, which after all was intended only to easy the installation of packages, do everything for everybody. :)
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1586 on: April 16, 2019, 06:28:58 am »
@mdbs99
I will add a package for my projects, but what about mORMot dependency? It doesn't exist on OPM and even if we want to add, it doesn't have a package at all.
You need to compile the project first?
It will only work if each and every dependency has a pacakge, mORMot included.

@ ASBzone, @lucamar
Can you elaborate on this part, @GetMem ?
Why a mistake? Source code without a package doesn't need installation.
Source code without package cannot be installed, but at least should be available for download. The mistake was not allowing plain source code as zip in the central repository, so users can download it with one click. I noticed lately that code without lpk is not uncommon at all. In fact many developers prefer to distribute the code this way.

wp

« Reply #1587 on: April 16, 2019, 09:19:32 am »
Why a mistake? Source code without a package doesn't need installation. If anything, all that is required is to add the directory where it resides to the search path, which can be done either globally for all projects or on a per project basis.
There's no need to "install" a runtime package either. You only compile it once so that the IDE knows where it is. Even mixed runtime/designtime packages (which is the default) need not be installed when you do everything at runtime. No need to set any paths. Setting search paths in Lazarus (like it is necessary in Delphi) may lead to compilation issues.

mdbs99

• website
« Reply #1588 on: April 16, 2019, 02:10:06 pm »
It will only work if each and every dependency has a pacakge, mORMot included.
If the mORMot author—which I've already asked about packages, but still waiting—do not want to introduce packages, I can fork the original one, add the package and send to OPM. But it will be in my Github account, not the original one. Is that a problem?

For OPM, I believe all information might be in .json files instead of packages.

EDIT: we will introduce package for mORMot!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 02:27:08 pm by mdbs99 »

balazsszekely

« Reply #1589 on: April 16, 2019, 02:33:16 pm »
@mdbs99
If the mORMot author—which I've already asked about packages, but still waiting—do not want to introduce packages
What is the reason?

But it will be in my Github account, not the original one. Is that a problem?
No, of course not, especially if you syncrhonize the two repo from time to time.

For OPM, I believe all information might be in .json files instead of packages.
Yes. The informations inside the lpk files are stored in a big json, so it can be easily parsed by OPM.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018