Forum > Third party

Online Package Manager

<< < (5/440) > >>

GetMem:

--- Quote ---@Juha
It means your JSON config must support an external URL. It should be a trivial change (ok, I write this without testing your code yet).
--- End quote ---
Yes, it is a trivial change.

--- Quote ---It means a package author can make the required ZIP file in his repository and ask you to add it to the list. Files don't need to be copied anywhere.
--- End quote ---
Ok, and what if another user decide to download and install the the package form the list? The package manager will do it automatically,  without any sanity check. This might lead to problems.

minesadorada:

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on October 06, 2016, 01:22:13 pm ---...
Do SourceForge etc. allow direct download links for files? I think they do. I remember you claimed the opposite. I must study the issue.

--- End quote ---
Yes, LazAutoUpdate uses direct downloads from Sourceforge.

GetMem:

--- Quote ---@minesadorada
Yes, LazAutoUpdate uses direct downloads from Sourceforge.
--- End quote ---
I'm almost certain it's not a direct download. You have to follow a few redirects. Personally I don't like that, though it's easily doable with TFPHTTPClient.

GetMem:
@Juha

As an initial step we should make an official repository. I can include a few hundred packages from different location(lazarus ccr, etc...). I think it's more then enough for a start. After that we can add other dependencies/install method and whatnot. We should keep it simple.

JuhaManninen:

--- Quote from: GetMem on October 06, 2016, 01:46:17 pm ---Ok, and what if another user decide to download and install the the package form the list? The package manager will do it automatically,  without any sanity check. This might lead to problems.

--- End quote ---
A sanity check is done by you (or other admin) when adding a URL to the JSON configuration file. You must add trusted URLs only.
A centralized and managed configuration has an advantage compared to getting all available packages from GitHub and other services automatically.

--- Quote from: GetMem on October 06, 2016, 01:59:21 pm ---As an initial step we should make an official repository. I can include a few hundred packages from different location(lazarus ccr, etc...). I think it's more then enough for a start. After that we can add other dependencies/install method and whatnot. We should keep it simple.

--- End quote ---
Yes, that is fine initially.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version