Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 835960 times)

balazsszekely

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #1665 on: August 16, 2019, 07:29:12 am »
@patyi, @lainz
I updated the packages. Thanks for the new version.

wp

« Reply #1666 on: August 16, 2019, 01:59:05 pm »
Using OPM, I recently saw warnings appearing when the used Laz/FPC is not meeting the requirements of a package to be installed. That's fine. On the other hand, many packages are poorly maintained and certainly will not update their requirement list whenever a new fpc/Laz is released. But ok - there is an option to install anyway, it will appear a bit scary for a novice user, though.

My question is: Up to which version level is the Laz/fpc version checked? I had specified for all (?) my packages the Laz versions as "1.8.0, 1.8.2, 1.8.4, 2.0.0, 2.0.2, trunk". Now, with the release of v2.0.4 the list is not complete. I wanted to check whether the version warning appears when installing fpspreadsheet (which does not yet list 2.0.4 as a requirement) - it installs fine, without the warning.

So, does this mean that the last version number is not evaluated? I would appreciate that: It would free the component writers (and you) from update their packages upon a minor version Laz/FPC change which most probably would not have any effect at all. In this case, the version requirements could be shortened as "1.8.x, 2.0.x, trunk".

balazsszekely

« Reply #1667 on: August 16, 2019, 06:55:13 pm »
@wp
Using OPM, I recently saw warnings appearing when the used Laz/FPC is not meeting the requirements of a package to be installed. That's fine.
Actually it's a feature requested by you(if I remember correctly).  :) A good one by the way.

On the other hand, many packages are poorly maintained and certainly will not update their requirement list whenever a new fpc/Laz is released. But ok - there is an option to install anyway, it will appear a bit scary for a novice user, though.
When a new (sub)version of Lazarus/FPC is released, I will automatically add for each package the new version(in this case 2.0.4). So in theory the package maintainers don't have to do anything, unless the new (sub)version somehow breaks the package. I did not do it for 2.0.4(lack of time, sorry for this), it's now done in trunk. Please test. I also plan to remove previous version from the list. When a new major version appears, the 1.8.x series will be removed. I don't think is worth supporting more then 2 major release.  It would be an overkill for package maintainers.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 06:58:27 pm by GetMem »

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #1668 on: August 17, 2019, 01:58:41 am »
I faced a problem the first time trying to install the latest bgrabitmap lazarus 2.0.2 64 bit windows, first it displayed the version number as 9.9 instead of 10.5 in the list of packages to be installed, then an access violation showed when trying to download, so two errors.

I figured that I had installed a previous version, maybe the 9.9 in that lazarus release, so that is the number it displayed?

Well, then i removed my installation, and installed 2.0.4 64 bit windows, and then everything went fine.

I know is very tricky to install bgrabitmap and bgracontrols sometimes, so I share my experience here. this time a clean installation was needed, but I used OPM to update and it was working well, so maybe is just coincidence.

jmpessoa

« Reply #1669 on: August 18, 2019, 06:09:17 am »

Hi, GetMem!

[my apologies]

Can you, please,  update "LAMW" packages to  "version 0.8.5",  again....

I just fixed  a critical issue!  [thanks to @DanielTimelord]

ref.   https://github.com/jmpessoa/lazandroidmodulewizard

Thank you!
Lamw: Lazarus Android Module Wizard
https://github.com/jmpessoa/lazandroidmodulewizard

balazsszekely

« Reply #1670 on: August 18, 2019, 07:24:09 am »
@lainz
Next time you see a similar error please do the following. Download the packages with the download button, then try a manual installation. I'm curious if the same error occurs.

@jmpessoa
I updated LAMW. Thanks for the new version.

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #1671 on: August 18, 2019, 09:10:39 pm »
Ok, I will do.  :)

AFFRIZA 亜風実

« Reply #1672 on: August 19, 2019, 06:26:28 am »
I have an FPC 3.3.1, I tried to download and install, download and install manually, and clean all. Still, I got this PPU checksum error. What should I do?  :o

Thank you.
Kyoukai Framework: https://github.com/afuriza/kyoukai_framework

Dukung kemerdekaan Donetsk dan Lugansk! Tidak membalas profil berbendera biru-kuning apalagi ber-Bandera.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1673 on: August 19, 2019, 06:55:10 am »
Hi Dio Affriza,

Did you try this workarund by @avra: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,43646.msg326093.html#msg326093
FPC 3.3.1 is not yet officially supported.

AFFRIZA 亜風実

« Reply #1674 on: August 19, 2019, 07:22:46 am »
Hi Dio Affriza,

Did you try this workarund by @avra: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,43646.msg326093.html#msg326093
FPC 3.3.1 is not yet officially supported.
Thank you, GetMem. I'll try that.  :)
Kyoukai Framework: https://github.com/afuriza/kyoukai_framework

Dukung kemerdekaan Donetsk dan Lugansk! Tidak membalas profil berbendera biru-kuning apalagi ber-Bandera.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1675 on: September 04, 2019, 01:45:10 pm »
@avra

As a desperate attempt to fix the "incompatible ppu" error, I added in r. 61813 an extra compiling flag(pcfCompileDependenciesClean). The results are promissing. Can you please run a few test with Lazarus trunk/FPC 3.0.4?

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #1676 on: September 04, 2019, 03:36:53 pm »
As a desperate attempt to fix the "incompatible ppu" error, I added in r. 61813 an extra compiling flag(pcfCompileDependenciesClean). The results are promissing. Can you please run a few test with Lazarus trunk/FPC 3.0.4?
I will test and report. Thanks!
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #1677 on: September 07, 2019, 03:27:29 am »
Unfortunately, incompatible PPU bug strikes again.  :'(

Tested on Win10x64, 32bit FPC 3.0.4 and Lazarus trunk.

UPDATE: Immediately after this I tried "Clean Common Files" and it didn't help as expected. If I remember well, that workaround helps only on FPC 3.2.0+ so no surprise it didn't work on 3.0.4. If you want, I can test Lazarus trunk with FPC 3.2.0 or trunk, to see if it helps there.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 03:34:58 am by avra »

balazsszekely

« Reply #1678 on: September 09, 2019, 06:16:04 am »
Unfortunately, incompatible PPU bug strikes again.  :'(

Tested on Win10x64, 32bit FPC 3.0.4 and Lazarus trunk.

UPDATE: Immediately after this I tried "Clean Common Files" and it didn't help as expected. If I remember well, that workaround helps only on FPC 3.2.0+ so no surprise it didn't work on 3.0.4. If you want, I can test Lazarus trunk with FPC 3.2.0 or trunk, to see if it helps there.
Thanks avra. Unfortunately I'm out of ideas. The worst part is, I don't know if OPM, Lazarus or FPC is causing the issues.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #1679 on: September 09, 2019, 08:25:25 am »
Thanks avra. Unfortunately I'm out of ideas.
Thank you for your effort. I still hope that it will work on FPC 3.2.0+. I didn't have time to try it since I am in the middle of some embedded stuff, but it is on my TODO list.

The worst part is, I don't know if OPM, Lazarus or FPC is causing the issues.
When I face this problem again, do you think that I should try to install packages again manually in hope to reveal if it has anything to do with OPM?

Btw. I think it's a little odd to be notified before installation that packages are not compatible with user's Laz+Fpc combo. I would prefer that instead of this, OPM says something like packages have not been tested on that combination. It's a little less scary message.  ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018