Forum > Embedded - ARM

Arduino DUE and Free Pascal.

<< < (2/3) > >>

marcov:
Thaddy thanks. That is mostly unrelated to this, but since I also ordered a Arduino Mega, that might be relevant still. I thought the AVR port didn't support the lesser atmels as on Arduino.

Laksen: thanks. So that leaves me binutils and how to work with the bootloader (since I have no programmer). 

Binutils can be probably taken from arduino IDE, and that also contains linker files that can tell me more about bootloader. A lot to study :)

skalogryz:
how about Ultibo project?

marcov:

--- Quote from: skalogryz on September 30, 2016, 10:43:20 pm ---how about Ultibo project?

--- End quote ---

I'm not entirely sure why that would be useful.  Seems to be geared towards heavier systems. I don't really need a kernel-application abstraction.

Note that the (wiznet) w5500 is a socket chip, not an ethernet chip. It is typically used to give slow systems some network with low overhead.

Maybe I can look at it to find out about e.g. DMA, but even then I think it is wiser to look at C examples for the exact same chip series or CMSIS

Laksen:
DMA controllers are very vendor specific. Won't make sense to look at anything but the datasheet. Or ASF if you dare, but it's the worst C codebase in existance :(

avra:

--- Quote from: marcov on September 30, 2016, 12:21:47 pm ---I need some form of time keeping
--- End quote ---
You could either implement an NTP client, or use some battery backed I2C RTC chip like MCP7940. The choice depends on your needs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version